2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Also congratulations to Aaliyah Moore for earning her award as well as Oklahoma Gatorade player of the year:hookem:

• Like Like x 9
  4. Jacob Johnson

Now that Isabel Palmer is now gone. I wonder if Vic will use that extra scholarship for a 2021 player or possibly be looking to get 2 more players out of the transfer portal for the upcoming season? I personally think he is still looking to get one more player out of the portal for this season then he could possibly be looking to go hard after another player for 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  5. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Thanks for this, I was trying to remember where we were at for 2021-22. FYI ... you still have Paige Bradley listed for 2023-2024.

7. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the catch:
    [​IMG]

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The twitter accounts of TexasWBB and Sean Cartell and Caten Hyde (new UT associate AD of creative development) have started following Kyndall Hunter.

Whenever TexasWBB started following a recruit on twitter since Vic took over . . . :hookem2:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

From watching the state championship game vs Duncanville, I thought she was the best college prospect on the floor. She’s a definite take in my fair and biased opinion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Rori Harmon announced her public verbal commitment to Texas on a Friday. Just sayin' . . .

• Like Like x 3
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Aaliyah Moore sitting in chair in front, and Kyndall Hunter sitting in chair in back:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jacob Johnson

Texas women's basketball account also started to follow Rori the day before her commitment as well. Also just sayin.... We could possibly get some news tomorrow or possibly soon:e-eyes:

• Like Like x 4
  13. Jacob Johnson

To the left of Kyndall Hunter #15 is one of the Texas targets for the 2023 class Gisella Maul who attends Cedar Park High school.

• Like Like x 3
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Jasmine Shavers out of Mesquite Horn committed to Mississippi State. She is a 5’-10” combo guard.

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Well, since my flashback to when Rori verbally committed on a Friday didn't bring us good dejavu news with a verbal commitment from her high school teammate yesterday, I'll try another attempt based on Kyndall's club teammate.

Aaliyah Moore publicly announced her verbal commitment to Texas on a Saturday. Just sayin' . . .

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Jacob Johnson

Lol part two of "just sayin.." hopefully we are right this time

• Like Like x 2
  17. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Yes Mooooo, I too have been waiting for the shoe to drop! Best backcourt in the nation, Harmon + Hunter.

• Like Like x 4
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

No commitment anytime soon from Kyndall Hunter from the looks of it - just released a Top 10.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad that confirms (from her) that our new coaching staff is recruiting her.

As far as timing for a verbal commitment, Breezy Hall from Ohio announced Final 7 (which included us) back in early May, and then promptly committed to South Carolina like two weeks later. So, time will tell how long Kyndall goes through the recruiting process.

Didn't the NCAA instigate another dead-period for another couple of months? I can't keep up with the different sports and NCAA recruiting changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Saw a couple of assists from Kyndall to Aaliyah early in this clip:

• Like Like x 3
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’m 90% sure the dead period runs through August 31 but there is talk that it could be extended to September 30. That being said, coaches can still communicate with players, just can’t meet face-to-face or visit the player’s school which wouldn’t be likely anyway with the pandemic.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Jacob Johnson

Great interview and it seems like Texas is the front runner based on what I am listening to! She said she wants to play for a coach who plays fast and trusts the guards. Which has Vic Schaefer name all over it. She also stated she wants to sign in November.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

In that interview, Kyndall defnitely seemed pleased with the thought of playing with Aaliyah and Rori in college; I like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Thanks Jacob! Her face lit up at the mention of playing for Coach Vic and his style, playing with Rori and Aaliyah, and being close to home...she mentioned playing for the national championship at Texas, how could Texas not be the front runner. Can't wait.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  25. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

Does anyone know who Lady Drive Nation has? Was surprised to see them ranked #1 in Texas after beating Hunter and Moore’s CyFair Elite team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Jazzmine Shavers, Ayanna Thompson, Kiersten Johnson, Bre Davis, Madi Ott, Laila McLeod.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Some notables from this weekend's play:

28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

CFE got the big trophy and seems Aaliyah showed her stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I see Aaliyah holding the trophy . . .

• Like Like x 5
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020