2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

In the comments, the writer was asked where he thought she’d commit and he said Texas.

Of the schools listed on her top-10, most of CyFair's top players have ended up at Texas. Based on that and the other things that she told me during my interview with her, I would pick Texas as her choice. But I can see MSU being right behind Texas due to how much Kyndall likes Nikki McCray. What really hurts MSU's chances is not being able to get her on-campus.”

• Like Like x 5
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Coach Lovato was the first one to "like" this. Can't see the score sheet for Kyndall and Aaliyah, but I think I see them with a lot of buckets, including three 3's for Kyndall in the first quarter:

• Like Like x 5
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I don't know what this means, but it seems like a compliment to Rori Harmon:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Aaliyah and Kyndall always seem to be right right next to each other in many team photos:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Athlete Vision | We Video So You Don't Have To
    Link just in case anyone wants to watch Moore, Hunter and Harmon tomorrow. $10 dollars for all day which is not bad at all.

Rori plays tomorrow morning at 9:25

Hunter and Moore play tomorrow at 12:15 against Jersey Wolfenbarger so that should be a good match up and if they win they will play again in the championship at 3:05

• Like Like x 1
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Aaliyah with 18 points (4/7 FT) while Kyndall had 15 (4 3s, 1/2 FT).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I choose to believe that Kyndall getting a chance to spend time in-person practicing, playing, and just hanging out with Aaliyah these last few days can only help us if Moore is talking up Texas to her . . . :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Rori can work on her when school starts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jacob Johnson

Its going to come down to Texas and mississippi state and just like an interviewer said.. it's going to be hard for mississippi state to land her since she has not been on campus and doesn't seem like she will be able to visit anytime soon. With Aaliyah probably buttering her up and Harmon helping during the school year and her seeing the campus already we might just get the nod.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Rori is just speed on top of speed:

• Like Like x 5
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Updated player card for Aaliyah...

• Like Like x 5
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Seems ESPN will begin outsourcing their WBB recruiting coverage to Premier Basketball Report. I follow a few of their scouts but couldn’t say what type of impact this will have on the overall content.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jacob Johnson

So is ESPN getting rid of their rankings or are they just handing the reigns over to premier basketball to do the rankings for them?

16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’m pretty sure they’re going to get rankings and content from PBR and post it to the ESPN website.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

The new 2021 Rankings are out with Aaliyah at #6 overall and Rori shooting up to #10.

Blurb about Rori in the Stock Risers section:

Harmon is a spark on the floor. She's also an instant bucket. As a young player, she was often the smallest player on the court against older opponents. She now stands at 5-foot-6, but is one of the most efficient prospects in the Class of 2021.

She can create space from anywhere on the court. Harmon also has a mean hesitation that devastates opposing defenses, and she has a quick release to get her shot off. She has improved her rebounding and her on-ball defense over time. Harmon reminds evaluators of Crystal Dangerfield and Andrea Riley.

Breaking down the top 2021 women's basketball prospects in the espnW 100

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jacob Johnson

That's more like it!! Rori was ranked way to low in my opinion and I knew she would eventually reach top 10. I also think Hunter needs to be between 15-20 but congrats to Aaliyah and Rori:hookem::hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Best backcourt in high school basketball . . .

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Really narrowing the window for visits...

• Like Like x 1
  22. Jacob Johnson

This actually helps us in terms of our 2021 recruiting with Kyndall Hunter. She stated she would like to take visits before she committed and seems that the only two schools she really has a chance of visiting are Texas and aggies. I think her decision really comes down to Texas and Mississippi state and no way she is visiting Mississippi state so I would say that puts us in the forefront! No jinx.:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

From girlzprepreport today:

Rori Harmon-5’6 PG (Cypress Creek HS) Cy Fair Premier
    Harmon’s patented crossover was on full display as she gets defenders leaning and just blows by them but her body control and ability to finish with contact is something to see as well as her “no looks” on the money for assists. I called her a #D1Lock in the 5thgrade, she’s taking the show to Texas

• Like Like x 4
  24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Aaliyah’s high school basketball team is doing a fundraiser for travel, meals and uniforms. Those expenses seem like something that the school district should budget for but what do I know. I’ll make a small donation and thought I’d post the link here in case anyone else felt like giving.

Click here to support the Moore HS Girls 2020 Basketball Fundraiser

25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Rori talks about the upcoming season, Texas commit...

• Like Like x 5
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Based on what I see currently, Kyndall Hunter recently started following Coach Lovato on twitter. While I would have assumed she was following her a long time ago, maybe she wasn't.

Maybe someone else will go check it out to see if they see what I see.

Regardless, hope that's a good sign for us.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Jacob Johnson

I see it as well. I hope she announces soon because no visits allowed until next year so hopefully she makes a decision this year.

28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

About 6 weeks until the scheduled fall signing period for basketball unless the NCAA shifts it due to the pandemic. If she hasn’t made her decision before then, I’d expect her to wait it out and try to make a visit or two with the intent of signing during the spring window from mid-April to mid-May.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I read somewhere that Kyndall Hunter and #1 Azzi Fudd are the lone remaining uncommitted 2021 players in like the Top 50, I believe. That's astonishing that all those recruits didn't need official visits to make their decisions on where to attend college.

But, if Kyndall needs more time, even though she's visited a few schools unofficially prior to the pandemic, it's there as she has until like next August to make a decision. Not all schools will have an opening that late in the game, though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Initial 2021 class rankings have been published by ESPN this morning and, as @Moooooo pointed out yesterday, almost every Top 50 has committed so there probably won't be much movement. UCONN has the #3 class and if, as I expect, Azzi Fudd commits to the Huskies, they could hop into the top 2. That being said, Texas has the #4 ranked class currently.

"Texas had the No. 16 class in 2020 and was ranked outside the top 20 in 2019, yet new coach Vic Schaefer, who left Mississippi State in April, has the Longhorns back in the top five."

4. Texas Longhorns
    Highest-ranked commit: F Aaliyah Moore (No. 6)

Vic Schaefer landed two top-10 players in his first recruiting class in Austin, Texas. In Moore, the Longhorns get someone who has excellent footwork and hands and is a hard worker down low. PG Rori Harmon, who is ranked 10th, is an elite finisher in the paint and keeps defenses honest with her ability to shoot the 3 off the dribble.

2021 women's college basketball recruiting class rankings: South Carolina starts at No. 1

• Like Like x 6
    • Hot Hot x 1