2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Now if we can get Hunter than we are in serious business!!!

2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Rori and Kyndall in a joint interview (40+ minutes). Interviewer is a bit over the top in my opinion but glad I watched to the end because Kyndall dropped that her decision would be announced soon.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

What an awesome find. Love that Rori threw up her horns at the end.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hope I'm reading Kyndall's comments incorrectly, by she mentioned former A&M guard, Chennedy Carter twice as one of her favorite WNBA players, among a handful of others. Never mentioned Ariel Atkins.

When she talked about what type of coach she wanted to play for and in what kind of offense, she seemed to describe Chennedy Carter's "freedom" when playing for Gary Blair.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

No Baylor, and only WV at 24 the only other B12 in top 25. That's interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Baylor is supposedly taking a very small class for 2021, and going for a larger 2022 class. Their 3 transfer additions won't be eligible until the following season, so that also might have impacted their needs/numbers for the 2021 class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I'm not surprised she mentioned Carter, she said she watches WNBA games and anyone watching the WNBA this season was bludgeoned to death with Carter a la Arike Ogunbowale during her rookie season. Ariel's not a player that's going to get a lot of hype even though she has been to 2 Finals, was just named to her 3rd straight All-Defensive Team (2nd team this year) and became the face/voice of the Mystics this season.

I think Vic could show Kyndall how they used a similar player at Miss State, Victoria Vivians, while also pointing out that the trust/independence Kyndall wants within a system is earned. In the interview, she came across as someone who would understand that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

But didn't Blair's freedom for Carter end up alienating her teammates, leading to transfers?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Maybe it was just a coincidence that Danni Williams and Anriel Howard grad transferred after her freshman season.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm not sure that's something high school recruits are focused on. If that concerned Kyndall, she wouldn't have A&M in her list of finalists.

Whatever rumored issues were caused because Chennedy was a ball-hog, her play on the court got her to the WNBA, and how Blair used her as the focal point of his offense is why she made it. Kyndall stated she wants to play for a coach who can help get her to the WNBA, and one who will let her make decisions on the court freely without having to always give her direction from the bench.

I can see Blair pitching to Kyndall that he can make her the next Chennedy Carter. That's a good spiel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  11. Jacob Johnson

We got her!!!!

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

BOOM!
    Be interesting to see how the recruiting ranking will go?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I like how she read out all her friends and family prior to the commitment portion. You don't see someone remember that many people in their thanks.

Wheee!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Welcome, Kyndall!!! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I had a feeling when she started following Coach Lovato on twitter the other day that it was a good sign for us. Of course, then I tried to bring myself down to earth when I watched her video interview.

Really welcomed news after a bad sports Saturday yesterday.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Jacob Johnson

I know it's a year from now but can we just acknowledge the amazing defense we will have next year. Full court pressure from Taylor, Hunter, and Harmon will be one of the best we have seen at Texas!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Good Job Coaching Staff.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Coach got him some flat out ballers!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

A lot of coaches say that you win with guard play since they have the ball in their hands so much and have the ability to control the game. Well, we will be adding the two best guards in the state of Texas for 2021. While I'm sure they do some things better than others, they appear to have it all: speed, athleticism, penetration ability, mid-range shooting, 3-point shooting, ball-handling, ability to run the point, defense, passing, etc. And, having played together in high school 4 years brings a familiarity and comfort with each other that is invaluable.

Trying to contain my excitement, but they remind of some of the great guards from Texas which left the state to play at Louisiana Tech back in the day: Debra Williams, Tamicha Jackson, LaQuan Stallworth, etc. And, some who headed elsewhere like Brandi McCain (Florida), Kedra Holland (Georgia), Meighan Simmons (Tennessee). I'm sure there are more.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Save something bizarre, I would say Kyndall's commitment closes the book on the 2021 recruiting class. That's not to say there won't be transfers out at the end of the season with possibly 1-2 transfers coming in, but I'd be surprised if any HS players were added to this class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Aaliyah content...