2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Looks like we are not done recruiting for the 2021 class

• Like Like x 7
  2. Jacob Johnson

• Like Like x 4
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jacob Johnson

Had no idea Flaujae played basketball. I assume she is being recruited because coach Lovato follows her. She is a pretty well known rapper who is already making big money from rapping. She bought her mother a range rover to put that in perspective
    Texas definitely needs to put everything they have into trying to get her to come to Texas. I am sure Collier is leaving after this season as she is kind of hinting at such on her social media. Unless we are going to rely on the transfer portal which I assume we are going to hit hard anyway especially with the transfer waiver rule but it would be nice to see coach Harris turn her into an elite player. At 6'8 she looks very mobile and skilled already so we probably get an experienced big if Collier leaves from the portal just to be safe and after one year under Coach Harris she can definitely be the next big star at Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’m not going to get my hopes up for Kyei. Texas has gotten more than a few basketball players from Canada but, in the current environment, what benefited Texas when it came to Kyndall could hurt them here (proximity).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Heh...assistant WBB coach at Regis Jesuit. Diani Akigbogun is an assistant there as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

...just 54 turnovers in 42 games while bringing the ball up the court practically every possession. :D

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Good discussion of B12 today on ESPN NCAAW. Hays, Voelpel and Creme discuss predications. Most of it was a discussion of Baylor and Texas. It was a fair discussion. Texas was picked second by two and third by one. Iowa State toggled with the Horns. All three think that Schaefer will have the Horns competing against Baylor in year two but for sure in year three. Finishing in the top 2-3 with one win in The Dance is a successful season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The Fall signing period begins Wednesday, November 11. I feel our 3 known verbal commitments are solid, and nothing for us to worry about. Not every recruit signs the very first day as sometimes their high schools have special signing ceremonies a few days after day one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Small world:

• Like Like x 2
  22. Jacob Johnson

So she is not an option??

23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

She played freshman season at Gillette College. But, they no longer have women's basketball. So, she transferred to Casper College for her sophomore season. Guessing she'll graduate next Spring and then transfer to a Division I school.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Coach Elena started following Casper College Women's Basketball on twitter; that's where Kobe King-Hawea will be a sophomore this season. I think there's something to this . . .

• Like Like x 4
  26. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm anxious to see if Coach Elena will be able to reel in some JUCOs. They almost seem forgotten due to the transfer portal for Division I players being such a popular option.

2021 Junior College

There is a frontcourt player, 6'5 sophomore, Taiyanna Jackson, at Trinity Valley (where Elena was once the head coach). She is from Indiana, and signed with Ole 'Miss out of high school. Doesn't seem like she's chosen a Division I school for 2021-22.

• Like Like x 4
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I know it’s not going to be Texas but some housekeeping. Announcing and signing on the same day?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Seems like every season the top-ranked girls' recruit announces her decision on ESPN; and, it's almost always UConn. I still remember when we were a top 3 finalist for Megan Walker out of Virginia.

Fudd apparently is down to UConn and UCLA, although Louisville and Maryland were part of her Top 4. Hard to imagine a player from the DC area choosing UCLA when UConn is so much closer, and the much more established program with the GOAT coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Shocked!

• Funny Funny x 2