2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I just watched Schaefer’s media availability and won’t be able to sleep for awhile. He was amped up and I was ready to say....”send me in coach”! He is amazing. I got that he thinks they will be a lot better than 25th in country this year.. On recruiting, he made special mention twice that they aren’t finished for 2021 yet. I am going to have to go back over this long thread to see who it most likely will be. Limited number of prospects left, but he seems excited about another player. He thinks they will fill up the new stadium. If his team is like he says, I’ll travel from DFW to help.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Hollingshead from Georgia, Jackson from Trinity Valley, Kyei from Canada seem to be the 3 bigs. I am putting my fair and biased projection in for Kyei. She is a successful rapper and having another media outlet TLC makes sense. Schaefer has the success story about the developmental post at MS that is now in NBA to point to. Is it possible that there is another player ? The Casper JUCO guard? I’m greedy. I don’t know how you could turn Schaefer down he has such a dynamic message.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 3
  5. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Flash, I felt exactly the same way listening to his energy, passion, and enthusiasm. Even with my old/hurting knees!

• Like Like x 4
  6. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Bandage those old knees up and get out there. The team needs you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Very refreshing indeed!:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Breakdown of the 2021 class by TheNext - pretty good WBB Twitter follow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

In Vic's video clips, he says "We're not done yet", and then tries to be a bit more subdued by saying "I don't think we're done yet".

To me, if he wasn't hopeful of another signee this Fall, I think he'd have stated that we we're done for the Fall, and that the class could grow during the Spring signing period. But, he seemed very excited about not being done yet (a continuation of signing 3 on Wednesday); so, i took that as sooner (Fall) rather than later (Spring).

As for who it could be, I have no other names than the ones I already mentioned in this thread. Hollingshead would be a huge shocker, as there has been zero connection between her and Texas (out on social media). Phillipina Kyei seems the most likely, IMO.

10. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

The thing about it when I went back and listened to him talk about the recruits in the end Vic said " we are looking forward to the rest of the week because we may not be done" which sounds to me like someone will announcing a commitment very soon. Who that is? I have no idea so hopefully sometime next week we might be adding another 2021 player.

11. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Since these suggestive hints were made in the context of announcing the 2021 recruits, I think most people assumed he was referring to another high school signing.

Could just as likely be a upper class (wo)man transfer.

12. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Isn't the JC player a likely option?

• Like Like x 1
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I’m not letting this next recruit thingy go until it is announced! Looking at the ESPNW rankings, Hollingshead looks to be a wonderful player. And 6’-4”. In reading about her she is a forward and not a 5. Yes....she is a big. However, Schaefer seems to like that aircraft carrier at the 5. A 6’-7” post like Tierra MsGowen. So I don’t think Hollingshead is the one Schaefer is talking about. The JUCO player from Trinity Valley is 6’-5” and we’ll thought of, but only averaged less than 10 points a game. So I am convincing myself that the coaches will need to appreciate rapping more, and start speaking a little French. I think it is Kyei.

14. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

What about the JC player up north? Wyoming?

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Hmmm...Hollingshead’s announcement aligns with the timeline hinted at by Vic. She is followed by Elena and Johnnie.

• Like Like x 1
  16. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Sure sounds fishy to me too on Hollingshead. I’ll take her based on her described attributes and let the staff figure out how to play with a lot of big mobile forwards. Perhaps the staff only recently got their foot in the door with her.....based on Mooo saying Texas hasn’t previously been mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

The fact she doesn’t follow any Texas coaches gives me pause because she does other staffs (UCLA, Cal, ND, Duke). If I were a betting man, I’d still probably go with Kyei. People have mentioned her being a rapper/hip hop artist (not sure what the kids call them anymore) and Austin’s music scene would be another draw.

• Like Like x 1
  18. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

The good news is we’ll know tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

UGA.

20. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Well that narrows the field. Door number one is not it. Two doors left. Kyei.....”Come on down”........it’s a lot warmer in Texas than Canada, the music scene is perfect, and we’ll teach you to drawl.....”ya’ll”.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Hey flash,

Very funny.

Remind me again who is behind the second door....the juco transfer?

22. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Yes....the Casper Wyoming guard. She’s a take too....but the big is our need.

• Like Like x 1
  23. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Hoping for a "big" myself... and an extra big "big" at that.

Come on down! :headbang:

24. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Would be nice to get a "force" in the lane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

The good news is that the early signing period ends Nov 18. So we shouldn’t have to wait past that. However, if a player doesn’t want to sign their LOI now, they can wait until next spring....seems like it is in April. For sure hope whoever it is we’re recruiting, doesn’t string teams along until then. I’ll bet we know early next week.

• Like Like x 1
  26. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

There was something to it!

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • WTF? x 1
    • Hot x 1
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  28. Jacob Johnson

Will she be coming next season with the 2021 recruits? And if so how many years of eligibility will she have here?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Jacob Johnson

• Like Like x 1