2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 3
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

@Jacob Johnson - something you didn’t like about Rori and Kendall’s performances? I thought they put up some pretty impressive numbers. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Lol that's a mistake on my part. I had no idea I clicked "disagree", I thought I clicked "like". Lol Rori finished with 39 points! That's as good as it can get and both her and Hunter are on an absolute tear this season :hookem:

• Like Like x 5
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Assumed as much - I find it difficult to pass up the opportunity to give someone a hard time. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Here's Kobe:

• Like Like x 9
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  7. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

That is 100% NC State Wolfpack hand sign. She'll eventually learn how to "Hook'em Horns". :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  10. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

According to the Casper JC website, the women’s team has yet to play a game. So Kobe King Hawea is getting to do a LOT of practicing. Hope she is studying too and still transfers in for the 2021-2022 season.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jacob Johnson

The game is available to watch on passtheballlive.com but it's a $15 charge because it includes the Duncanville game currently going on

14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I checked Casper JUCO. Their conference shut-down with plans to start up in late January through early April. Of course that was 2 months ago so not sure if that will happen. So far Kobe ....no play this winter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Rori & Kyndall spearhead a blowout victory, 92-31, over a 15-0 Jersey Village team ranked #8 in the state. CyCreek is ranked #1.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Jacob Johnson

There is absolutely no team in the state even close to cy creek. Rori & Kyndall are just a duo nobody can guard.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jacob Johnson

Rori is hands down the best point guard in the country and its not really close. I watched her game against summer creak about 2 weeks ago and she is just the type of player every coach wants. When you watch her play a full game it's like watching her highlights. What you see in her highlights is what she does for 40 minutes straight. She will without a doubt be the starting point guard in her first season.

• Like Like x 5
  19. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

According to TABC, Cypress Creek is ranked number 1 in state in 6A. Undefeated at 19-0. Sounds right. DeSoto and Duncanville are ranked 2 and 3 with one loss each. I would love to see a CC vs DeSoto in state finals. CC has the guards. DeSoto has the huge front court. So far I refuse to change TV carriers due to the dispute between FSSW and carriers. I missed the football finals this last weekend. I am missing MAVS, STARS, and later the RANGERS. However, I might buckle to watch CC and DeSoto.

20. Jacob Johnson

• Like Like x 6
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  23. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Kobe King-Hawea Stats
    2020-21 Women's Basketball Schedule
    Apologies if this was posted elsewhere. Two games played. Nice 1st game, ugly 2nd game.
    3PM-A: 5-7, 1-5
    Pts: 21, 7

• Like Like x 3
  24. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

In two blow-out games Thursday and Friday, Kobe had 17 and 16 points with good stats line. 2-2 and 2-3 from BTA in the two games. Minutes were medium as lots of players got time. You can click on link above in Zig’s post to see. They are 4-0.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Thanks for the reminder. Currently, 10 of 17 BTA. Of course, the shots are easier without a hand in you face in the blow-out wins, but this 58.8% bodes well.

When was the last time we had a dependable 3-pt shooter? Danielle Viglione in '96-'97? She typically finished in the high 30%.

26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Kim Lummus, Alisha Sare, Jamie Carey, Heather Schreiber, Kathleen Nash, Brooke McCarty... probably forgetting some but there's a list of a few.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. Jacob Johnson

Here is a full game if anyone is interested. I believe this game was played a couple of days ago or it was the first game of the season for Kobe. I will say she definitely is a shooter and can create her own shot. She does need to improve a lot on the defensive end.

28. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I did not define "dependable" but I would consider a minimum of 150 attempts per season as a qualifier (about 5 per game). You're right, Brooke would qualify. I did not check the others.

• Like Like x 1
  29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I define dependable as shooting it at a decent clip and/or having lots made. Here's some records I found. Just as I figured, I forgot some.
    Women's Basketball Individual Career Records (PDF) - University of Texas Athletics

• Like Like x 2
  30. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

So all the ones you mentioned actually had a higher 3 pt field goal percentage than Viglione......interesting... Dependable to me would absolutely be about percentage....

• Like Like x 2