2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

As much as I want outside shooting talent arriving, one thing that is currently lacking is outstanding penetrating guard play. The dribble drive aspect of Schaefer’s offense works good against good/average teams. Against the better teams.....and especially the zones.....we lack in that. I suspect Harmon and Hunter can resolve that. It’s a deadly combo when you can shoot outside AND penetrate. I’ll be watching the FINALS game for that. DeSoto’s inside defense is formidable. We’ll see if Harmon and Hunter can stretch the defense with outside game, then open the inside drives.

• Like Like x 1
  2. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Last year Duncanville destroyed CC with a swarming press due to Harmon not playing. I highly suspect DeSoto won’t do that with both Harmon and Hunter playing this year. Brnkj is correct....it’ll be contrasting styles this year.

3. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Attended the Cy-Creek game last night against Shadow Creek.

When it comes to Rori, it's going to be all about decision making because she has the athleticism and skills. Although Rori has the range, she took some ill advised 3 point shots from NBA distance (all of which, about 3 attempts, she missed if my memory is correct) when she didn't have to. Her first came in the 1Q when Shadow Creek was shell-shocked out of the gates with Cy Creek leading 15-4 or something like that.

I'm reminded of Vic's quote, "No, baby, we're not balling. We have a game plan..." Be methodical. No need to jack up NBA 3's.

Then there was a scare in the 1Q when Kyndall went down. She stayed down and you could hear the crowd moaning when she did. She needed help getting up and was taken to the training room. At first I thought it could have been her knee, but it was an ankle sprain. Kyndall was able to return in the second half. At first she was tenative in giving her man lots of room on the perimeter. But she warmed up and returned to her normal self hitting mid-range, transitioning for lay ups, penetrating.

4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Cy Creek started a freshman to replace Rori and their starting senior post went down early in the first half and was hobbled when she did come back in the 2nd half. If you told me that before the game, I would’ve expected Duncanville by 30+ but Kyndall kept them in it largely by herself.

Personal note: My niece played her last high school basketball game last night. Her team lost to Nazareth by 12 (it was a 6 point game late but fouling to stop the clock inflated the lead).

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  5. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Yup. It was a disappointing game. Hunter was the best player on the floor but the press was too much for the others.

The last high school game is traumatic for players, parents and other relatives that put so much into the kids lives. Things sure change then. Hope your niece and all her supporters walk away with wonderful memories.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Last night Kobe had 13 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists in 31 minutes. Casper plays again Saturday

• Like Like x 5
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

11. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

You can watch the cy creek game on the Texan live website but it does cost money

12. Jacob Johnson

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Alisa Knight is the daughter of Annette Smith and Journee Chambers is the niece of Fran Harris. :hookem::hookem:

• Like Like x 5
  21. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

With Collier declaring, Schaefer is in REAL need of a transfer....graduate or portal.....for next year. It will be interesting to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Jacob Johnson

Expect to see at least 2-3 new additions possibly more this off-season

23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

24. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

With Collier's announced departure and Kyra not coming back for an additional season, that means we will have ZERO seniors, and 3 players (Joanne, Lauren, and Audrey) who will be fourth year juniors next season.

So, at the moment, we don't have any scholarships available for the 2022 recruiting class. But, if there is attrition during the upcoming offseason, any openings which results in the addition of any incoming transfers for 2021-22 would impact the 2022 recruiting class if none of the incoming transfers are seniors (or players who only intend to be at Texas for one season).

To me, if we do have offseason openings, I'd rather take the incoming transfers who can help us immediately rather than holding any spots for the 2022 recruiting class. As we know, attrition happens every year; so, let the chips fall where they may.

• Agree Agree x 5
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Agreed! And there's also another variable in that maybe one or none of our fourth year juniors goes beyond their fourth year. That would make room in the 2022 recruiting class also. It's definitely going to be an interesting Spring/Summer for us.

• Agree Agree x 4
  27. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Saturday night, Kobe had 20 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2-5 BTA, in 27 minutes. All in a 45 point win. Their schedule is confusing as earlier it said playoffs were starting. Now it appears they are trying to complete the earlier rescheduled/canceled games. Playing the same bad Wyoming teams over and over. Next 6 games through March 27 are like that. Looks like some uncompetitive games coming up. Just want Kobe to be playing and putting up some reasonable stats.

• Like Like x 3
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 5
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6