2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Interesting that it was just Kyndall who moved in today

2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Shooooot.... She's ready to get to work! :hookem3:

• Like Like x 2
  3. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jacob Johnson

So that just leaves Kobe and Femme. Probably will arrive tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I assume this is her, here, now. Anybody know the status of her injury rehab?

8. Jacob Johnson

I believe she is ahead of her rehab. She's working out but I don't think she is doing full contact drills just yet.

9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I was thinking that they might have flown back to their home countries to spend a month with family before hopefully enrolling at Texas for the second summer session in July.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Femme was in the move-in video posted the other day but I was thinking Kobe might have gone home to visit her family.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  12. Jacob Johnson

• Like Like x 12
  13. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Nice!

Now go play Defense.

14. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Now that our roster is posted, I can’t help but feel we could use one more solid F/C to help develop the younger players coming in. There are still a few hundred unsigned players in the portal, but I would assume since there are no real superstars left, and with as well as Vic is recruiting, he’d only sign a grad xfer to avoid tying up another scholarship.

There are currently 112 grad xfers still in the portal, 34 of whom are F/C. Looking them over they are mostly players who got little to no time throughout their career, but there are three players who put up decent numbers last season:

-Long Beach State RS JR F 6’2 Naomi Hunt, 12PPG 4RPG
    -Western Kentucky 6’0 SR F Fatou Pouye, 10PPG 6.5RPG
    -Radford 6’1 SR F Tina Lindenfeld 9.0PPG 4.RPG

anyone think there’s any chance we add another player before the season starts?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jacob Johnson

The deadline to transfer is July 1st but I'm not sure if that applies to graduate transfers since they have immediate eligibility anyway. I think it's unlikely we add anyone else but at this point who knows for sure so we'll see how things play out in July.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yeah... I can't imagine that there'd be any big names jumping into the portal this late in the game. Of course, stranger things have happened. Unless something like that occurs I think our roster is set for next season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The deadline to submit your name into the portal this year is July 1. Grad transfers still have to go through the transfer portal, as well; so, I assume the deadline applies to them, too. Only grad transfers who have never transferred in the past (unless they sat out a year) are immediately eligible under the new one-time transfer rule.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

From a Central Wyoming College assistant coach. An approach I can’t recall seeing before…

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Jacob Johnson

The recruit I brought up in the 2022 thread is actually class of 2021 6'4 forward Latasha Lattimore. Would be a huge addition to this team.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Top 40 player this late in the process AND with good size? Yes please.

“Athletic front court performer brings superior length, wingspan, defensive presence in the paint; rebounds and initiates the fast break, runs the floor like a guard and finishes the play in traffic; soft touch in the paint, plays near the rim; continues with a dominant interior game; a difference maker on both ends of the floor.”

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Forgot to mention…she’s a Syracuse decommit so the fallout from that situation could help Texas after all.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Jacob Johnson

Couldn't find any recent video but this is her commitment video with highlights. Reminds me a lot of Joyner Holmes in high school. Athletic, can run the fast break, and bully you on the block. Kind of surprised she is not a top 20 player in her class. I did read an article and although she is in the class of 2021 she had to enter the transfer portal so I assume a decision would have to be made fairly quickly in order for her to get enrolled in classes and get the process started for immediate eligibility.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I guess Lattimore is technically a transfer since she's had to enter the portal because she signed with Syracuse but decided not to enroll.

From the below article, I can't see a prior connection to Texas or any of our coaches:

Lattimore was a 6-foot-4 five star forward who picked Syracuse over Cal, UCLA, Florida, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Baylor and Tennessee, according to ESPNW. She was ranked as the 6th best player at her position in the 2021 class

Latasha Lattimore, Shayeann Day-Wilson Decommit from Syracuse - Sports Illustrated Syracuse Orange News, Analysis and More

• Like Like x 2
  25. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Lattimore is ranked #38 in ESPNW Hoopgurlz rankings for 2021. You can’t ever have too many bigs.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Based on Lattimore's IG, seems like she is recently following and is being followed by many Texas and Baylor player and coaches. So, perhaps she is also visiting Baylor

• Like Like x 1
  27. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

HoopGurlz had Lattimore highly ranked (Top 20, as high as #11, 5-star) in 2019 and 2020. Have no idea why she dropped, but to echo DFW_Horn, she would really elevate our frontcourt roster.

It's insane how Vic has transformed the roster (perhaps better than Beard) in one year with the law firm of Moore, Harmon, Hunter, Masudi, Matharu, King-Hawea and now possibly Lattimore!

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  28. Jacob Johnson

Lattimore went on live and said her Texas visit was very "different" from the rest of the visits she took coming out of high school. She meant that in a good way and she said she loved the visit and everyone was so welcoming. Texas was actually her first visit so she will be leaving tomorrow morning to visit Baylor. After that she will go visit "a team with red in it" then possibly UCLA or LSU. A decision will be made very soon since schools starts this month.

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Lattimore visit to Baylor

• Like Like x 1
  30. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for the update. It's childish but I can't allow myself to give the ":hookem: Like" icon to your post because I don't like seeing the Baylor uniform on Lattimore.

This will be Vic's first head-to-head battle with Nicki Collen. Hopefully, the tide will turn and we'll start winning the in-state recruiting battles with Baylor. After watching Latimore's highlight tape, I think she's underrated and she would provide a skill set that is missing on our roster.

I'm curious as to which team will get her next visit. She has a short time frame to make a decision and enroll so we should know her final destination within the next few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 5