2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Someone in the know, let us know something about Bradley’s game. Know she has the legacy DNA and plays for S.A. Finest. What else? She is not listed on ESPNW, Top 60 for 2021. Where goes to school? Other?

2. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Found out she plays for Bishop Lynch. 5’-9” guard. Averaged 9 points a game. With the point guard going to USC her low point average is understandable. MaxPreps has her at 98 in country. Watched several videos and she is a pretty good high school sophomore. Doesn’t WOW you yet. I’ll get out and see her this winter and see how she does as an upperclassman. Development is a key.

3. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

4. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Scholarship numbers for 2020 and 2021 are interesting. Because Texas will have no seniors in 2020-21, the only available scholarships for 2021 will be any carried over from 2020 or created by an early departure from the program. If I am counting correctly, not incorrectly adding or deleting anyone, with the commitment from Paige, Texas has a total of 4 scholarships remaining to be distributed between 2020 and 2021.

5. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Based on current commitments for 2020, if I am calculating correctly, the Horns would have 5 scholarships available for 2021. We will almost certainly sign at least one more in 2020, and quite likely more than that. If we sign just one more, that gives us 4 scholarships for 2021. If we sign two more in 2020, that would give us three. But with transfers in and out, and redshirts, it seems pointless to worry about scholarship in this day and age. The numbers have a way of working themselves out!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Some highlights of Paige and her AAU team. Shows off her great shooting ability.

• Like Like x 3
  10. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Something is fishy. Looking at the recruiting for 2021, there are only 3 players from Texas on the ESPN Hoop Gurlz top 60. Jada Malone at 24 is the highest rated. Some years I think Texas is overrated due to super strong AAU programs and visibility and promotion. Still real early to believe the accuracy but somebody somewhere needs to promote the Texas girls. Or perhaps not. If no one thinks the Texas players are good, maybe they stay away.

11. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Prospects Nation elevated Rori Harmon all the way to number 6 after watching her this summer. It will be interesting to see if she rises in the next ESPN adjustment. PN shows both Harmon and Cy-Creek teammate Kyndall Hunter as point guards.

12. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Harmon, Hunter and Malone are out of my neck of the woods as all 3 are down south. Being directionally challenged, I THINK Houston area is south of Dallas. So someone needs to provide scouting reports. I know nothing about these players.

13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Texas in the Final 10 for 2021 Kiya Dorroh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Ok Terry Nooner, you’re up!
    The eyes of Texas are upon you! :clap:

• Like Like x 2
  15. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Wonder if Sara Puckett is on campus this weekend?

• Like Like x 3
  16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Coaching staff on the road - Looks like Terry Nooner paid a visit to Aaliyah Moore’s trainer:

• Like Like x 2
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Deleted my other post about who George Washington was taking a look at during his visit to Athens HS (Alabama) because it was wrong - see the 2022 thread. He did stop in to see Sara Puckett at Muscle Shoals HS (also Alabama).

• Like Like x 3
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

At least 1 coach at La Jolla Country Day school (CA) over the weekend. Not sure who they might’ve been looking at - they do have Oregon 2020 commit, PG Te-Hina Paopao, on the roster.

• Like Like x 3
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She was definitely on campus this past weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Avery VanSickle, 5’9” guard from Regis Jesuit HS in Aurora, Co., gets offer from Texas.

• Like Like x 2
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Same high school as Diani Akigbogun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Texas in Kiya Dorroh’s Top 5.

• Like Like x 6
  23. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

I'm super late, but we offered 2023 (?) 6-2 C Breya Cunningham from LJCD.

24. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Great pictures from Avery VanSickle with the Coaches.

• Like Like x 7
  25. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Kiya is from Tucson, Arizona. She obviously is not interested in playing close to home!

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

With the 2020 recruiting class pretty much wrapped up for us, time to move into the discussions of the 2021 class. I would like to look at who we should have on the team during this recruiting cycle and who we have made offers too.

The 2020/2021 team should look like this:
    Freshmen: 4
    Elyssa Coleman - 6'2" Center/Forward
    Precious Johnson - 6'6' Center
    Shay Holle - 6' Guard
    Ashley Chevalier - 5'7" Point Guard
    Sophomore: 3
    Celeste Taylor - 5-11" Guard
    Isabel Palmer - 5'9" Guard
    Karisma Ortiz - 6'0" Guard
    Juniors: 4
    Joanne-Allen Taylor - 5-8" Guard
    Audrey Warren - 5'9" Guard/Forward
    Shae Routt - 6'0” Guard/Forward
    Charlie Collier - 6'5" Center
    Senior:
    Katie Benzan - 5'6" Point Guard

They way I see it we should have 11 returning players for the 2021/2022 season. Leaving us with 4 open scholarships for the 2021 class.
    We already have one commit for the Class:
    Paige Bradley - 5'9" guard,Bishop Lynch HS, Dallas,Tx
    Early on offers have been made to: (that we know of)
    1. Aaliyah Moore - 6'2" Forward Moore, Okla
    2. Jada Malone - 6'3" Center, the Village School, Spring, Texas
    3. Kiya Dorroh - 6’ 1” SG, Tanque Verde HS, Tucson, Ariz
    4. Jersey Wolfenbarger - 6'2" PG, Northside HS, Ft. Smith, Ark
    5. Sonia Citron - 6’1" F, Ursline HS, NY
    6. Sara Puckett - 6’ 2” W, Muscle Shoals, AL
    7. Avery VanSickle - 5’9” guard, Regis Jesuit HS in Aurora, Co
    Early on I believe there were offers made to Rori Harmon and Kendall Hunter both listed as point guards from Cypress Creek HS but those tweets have since been deleted from their accounts.
    So who accepts the final 3 offers? Hope it's from this group. We certainly need bigs. Note all but one is out of state. It appears the 2021 class in state is not that strong.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

You aren't wrong about Texas being rather thin in the 2021 class (I didn't realize how rough it looked). ESPN's current rankings only has 3 Texas players in the Top 60:
    • 20. Harmon
    • 32. Hunter
    • 36. Malone

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I thought karisma ortiz is a sophomore this season. Did her waiver get denied?

29. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Since we have heard no news from the ncaa I made an assumption. But it does not change the content of the information either way.

30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I would think another PG is a top priority for the 2021 class. Can't just expect another grad transfer to join our roster.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2