2021 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Mar 31, 2020.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Probably not a big deal but only 1 player is specifically listed as a 'Point Guard' - Kyra Lambert.

As to Precious' enrollment, my concern tapered off over the last few weeks for the same reason it was piqued initially - her relative silence on the issue. I assumed that she, someone else on social media or Texas would have announced such a significant change at this point, similar to Isabel's transfer.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Great catch racer! I believe Precious Johnson is going to be a project but we have the perfect staff to develop her game. Coach Schaefer has not talked much about Aston’s 2020 class but I think Elyssa Coleman and Shay Holle are going to be studs! They should make a substantial contribution to this year’s team.

• Like Like x 1
  3. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

For anyone's reference, I got tired of occasionally checking various UT team pages to see if something changed. The internet has a couple of free services that watch web pages you designate and send you an email if something small or something big changes: Visualping: #1 Website change detection, monitoring and alerts

• Like Like x 2
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

As for the freshmen, my money is on DeYona Gaston to make the biggest contribution (assuming she is completely healthy) this coming season. Rebounding and playing defense will get you on the floor if you play for Schaefer, and I think she brings both. Still have to do a lot of the other little things correctly to earn playing time, but I think her having been recruited by and committed to Schaefer and his staff will pay dividends for her at Texas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

FYI -- our men's hoops non-conference schedule was announced today; maybe the women's isn't far behind.

6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Slowly coming together...

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The whole team appears to have arrived on campus now! I love how Elena Lovato posts on tweeter. This is how you build a fan base!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  10. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Renewal emails for season tickets out today.
    [​IMG]
    if the Rona goes away!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm ready, Celeste!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Ashley, Joanne, Kyra, Lauren and Charli doing agility drills while Vic watches from the treadmill.

• Like Like x 3
  16. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Much longer video of workouts. At one point, Coach Vic is outside watching the girls sprint.

• Like Like x 2
  17. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Watching WNBA today and getting even more excited about the Longhorns season. These videos are the icing on the cake. Thx for pos ting.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Last season it was Zack Zillner posting these but the new coaching staff, especially Elena Lovato, getting the video. No offense to Zillner but having assistant coaches do this is just smarter, they have more players following them than the S&C coach...

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Charli, Kyra, Ashley and Lauren shooting a PSA - blooper reel.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Haven’t seen Precious in a while...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Video that shows every player on the roster at some point (I think).

• Like Like x 3
  22. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

First time I’ve seen Shay Holle in anything! So ready for the season!

• Like Like x 1
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Lauren thought she’d be funny...:D

24. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Tweet has been deleted?

25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Not sure what it’s doing...when I click on the “Loading tweet...” link, it opens up.

26. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Not looking good for the fall sports. Signals that the B1G and PAC are about to cancel fall sports, with ACC and Big 12 likely to follow. SEC praying for the unicorn to descend down and distribute virus immunity to all.

Thing is not much talk of moving to spring. I'm thinking basketball needs to go ahead and plan for a January start.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

What source are you getting "ACC and Big 12 likely to follow"?

Bob Bowlsby came out last night and refuted that there was an emergency meeting. He said it was a regularly scheduled meeting among P-5 to discuss the season.

• Like Like x 1
  28. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Power Five leaders met Sunday to discuss viability of 2020 college football season, talks continue Monday

"ESPN first reported what was deemed an "emergency" meeting, citing several sources. However, the Sunday meeting was previously scheduled and not unplanned, sources tell CBS Sports.

"It's an ongoing conversation we've been having for weeks," Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby told CBS Sports on Sunday night. "We talk almost every day. I'm not aware decisions have been made."

He added: "You don't want to believe everything you read. It was a regularly scheduled call. We talked about a whole bunch of different things. All of us would be less than honest if we wouldn't acknowledge that the trend lines are troubling and the last two weeks or three weeks have not been positive."

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

I also said the SEC was praying for unicorns. I'm obviously not quoting directly from a source. I'm expecting the ACC and Big 12 to follow suit because you can try to cobble together a group to compete like the SEC wants to do, but there is requirement to have half the teams in competition for there to be a championship. The dominoes are falling for the fall sports and I don't think you're going to stop them at this point.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’ll admit to something petty and selfish - I want to see Charli play in the burnt orange again. If this season is canceled completely, I think it’s 50/50 that we won’t see her take the court for UT again.

• Disagree Disagree x 3