2021 Season

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by mchammer, Jul 26, 2021.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Do you have AT&T?

2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Yes

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's why you got "service". Wouldn't be worth a damn if you had Verizon. Compare your service in The Cotton Bowl to VZW. or in Memorial Stadium. AT&T has a habit of shutting out other carriers when AT&T is a sponsor of the team or a game.

Thank you, Randy Stephenson.

4. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I really like Angela Kelly and her enthusiasm. But I understand she has to win, and consistently at Texas! Hope this season is the one that puts her on track to do just that!

• Like Like x 1
  5. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Disappointing 2-1 defeat to TCU.

They’re good opponents so it’s no shame to lose but feels like we let it slip away and that we just weren’t that in sync at times.

Still, excited for the tourney!!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I hope they make top 16. It would be a good result.

7. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Stranger things have happened but I don’t see a top 16 seed, but I would love to be wrong!

8. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

So we open the tournament with SMU. Unfortunate that we don’t get to host round one but at least it’s a short drive to Dallas. We are in a rough part of the bracket though because if we win we’ve got a match up with the number one overall seed Florida State.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Ugh. How many teams in tournament? 32 or 48 or 64?

10. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

64. So this would have us roughly the in the 33 range. This is our RPI (35) so Ang has to have expected it. Just wish we would’ve gotten more love! SMU is not an easy opponent either. But I’m really hoping for that matchup with FSU!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Cougar High got screwed. They beat SMU (in Dallas), tied USF (in Tampa) and split with Memphis (.won at Houston,; lost in OT in Tampa) (Family member plays for Cougar High).

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Well, we’re going to have to make a comeback against SMU. Down 1-0 early. Looked really sloppy after a nice first few minutes.

13. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

I forgot about the added intrigue of former UT coach P at SMU. I don’t remember who initiated his departure from UT but that’s some added intensity either way. His Mustangs are outplaying us right now.

Their long passes are finding ways to their defenders, their counters are quicker, and we seem to be losing out on challenges too often.

14. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Down 2-0 now.

Still a lot of time for the Horns but it’s not looking good…

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i haven't watched a ton of games, but i haven't seen any coaching. never caught adjustments. never saw strategic ways of how our team plays. just seemed like they were out there playing.

we push our fast defenders up. we drop it in to the middle for breaks... anything else?