2021 Softball Transfers

Discussion in 'Softball' started by racerx5908, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, with the blanket waiver having been approved today, I assume that means that Texas Tech transfer, Brianna Cantu will be eligible to compete in the Spring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 1,000+ Posts

You are correct. She will be immediately eligible to compete.

3. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

Was her only gating factor that she transferred within the conference and her old school (with newly hired coach) wouldn't give the release?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

For undergraduate transfers, it's an overall conference rule, I believe.

For graduate transfers, a school can grant a release so SA doesn't have to sit out the mandatory transfer season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 1,000+ Posts

Much respect to Texas tech for allowing her release. It bothers me so much when teams hold out players forcing them too miss an entire season.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about how Louisiana had so many transfers and how that would be interesting to see the team chemistry. I've seen so many players transfer in/out of that program. And I checked to see if Jade Gorterez stuck with them. She has and is a starter in the infield. Amazing to think she was a starter at Texas, a starter at Arizona State and now a starter at Louisiana!

2021 Softball Roster - Louisiana Athletics

• Like Like x 1
  7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

ULaLa for us old-timers. I still have not heard a rational reason that ULaLA gets to be called Louisiana University and UL-Monroe doesn't.

However, being Lousiana, I am sure money was transferred under a table to get the job done.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

Self-made prestige. But then, who let Texas State brand themselves "The Texas State" university? Good 'ol Southwest Teachers College, with a famous graduate (LBJ), was it's humble beginnings.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Racer I know money was passed under the table on the SWT change. North Texas had tried for years to change its name to TSU. The answer was always the same - all of the "State Universities (NTSU, SWT, SFA, etc.) would keep the "State University" name. Finally, North Texas called BS and changed to their second choice - the University of North Texas. Their first choice was Texas State University. That was denied because those in power said that Texas State University would confuse people with the other "State University" schools. Fast forward and after a legislature session or two and basically overnight SWT becomes TSU. Things that happen in the middle of the night always feature a value exchange.

• Agree Agree x 2