2021 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 15, 2020.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I definitely think any changes in personnel may have an effect on the transfer portal.

2. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Is it a given that Harris is leaving?

3. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

No sir but it’s a given she will get multiple interviews.

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Texas Tech continues to bleed transfers . . .

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Interesting that Coach Elena "liked" this tweet; no way of knowing if all of it is what she was "liking":

• Like Like x 4
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I’m slow here. What part would you find she would not like?

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I just meant that there's no way of knowing that her "like" is an indication that the statement about a potential transfer is accurate.

• Like Like x 3
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Do you think she will submit multiple applications? I really don't know what to think at this juncture.

9. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

No

She has made it clear that she would only become a HC at a top program. Those programs are unlikely to hire from an application. If JH takes any interviews it will be because they have identified and pursued her.

• Like Like x 1
  10. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I just listened to HC at Mississippi State press conference. Indeed painful. REALLY painful. Reminded me of listening to Aston the last year or so after a bad game. I had just watched Schaefer et al from UCLA win so it was quite a contrast. I hope MState recovers but it is going to be trying times coming. Can you imagine being a fan in Starkville and being used to filling the arena. Of course I am willing to take a transfer from there. But I hate to see a good coach go through that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I probably phrased that poorly. I don’t think she will submit multiple applications but I think multiple teams will ask Vics blessing to interview. She will probably interview for only the job she’s comfortable with and wants.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Anastasia Hayes from Middle Tennessee hit the portal today. Flat out baller. Some have her being drafted this year. Sister would be a package deal.

13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I expected Gray to move on. Of course, I have been wrong about every move she's made since leaving high school:

• Like Like x 1
  14. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

:e-thinking:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Her family has a very successful business outside the DFW area from what I understand. No need to take a pay cut in the WNBA. Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

I still don't understand why she left OSU for TT. I'm still scratching my head on that decision. I think if she would of had a little more patience at OSU she would have seen great things. Woulda, shoulda, coulda.

17. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

With Mack, Asberry, and others... one would think Gray would've known that OSU was going to be better than Tech especially if she stayed. Maybe she's friends with the Gerlich kid? Gray seems like the typical prototype Tech player that we saw back in their glory days... smart, crafty, fundamentally very sound.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  20. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

21. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Wouldn't surprise me one bit either. Kara is very charismatic in addition to being knowledgeable about the game. I would expect that to translate to great coaching too, but we'll see if it does. I always liked Kara and appreciated her commentary.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I think she will be the next super coach in wbb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

If she can actually coach the talent will continue to be there with Duke's academics. They've always been able to get great talent from around the country since Coach G arrived there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

If you look at some of the Summitt coaching tree of former players, they haven't quite proven it yet:

Kelly Jolly, Krya Elzy, Nikki Fargas, Nikki McCray

I'm sure there are some who have (Carolyn Peck?). Time will tell how Lawson does.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  25. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Peck played at Vanderbilt but was an assistant under Summit for a couple years

• Like Like x 3
  26. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

She likes what she is seeing:yippee:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Miss. State freshman Madison Hayes becomes the fifth MSU player to enter the transfer portal

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Wasn't she the one who signed late and more than a few Miss St fans were afraid she'd follow Vic to Austin like DeYona?

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts