2021 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Obviously, twitter doesn't always provide the best clues; but, sometimes it is foretelling.

As far as Rickea Jackson and Jessika Carter, Rickea is fairly active on twitter, while Jessika is not at all. Rickea has "liked" every tweet where one of her former teammates announces which new school she has chosen recently; nothing unusual about that at all. But, since last night's tweet regarding the Hayes sisters transferring to Miss. State, there was no "like" from given from Rickea; might not mean anything, especially since it's only been around 16 hours since the announcement. But, interesting nonetheless.

I haven't llooked on Instagram to see if they participate.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

:D

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Conducted the same "investigation" as you, and noticed the same things. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Y'all crack me up! But seriously, we've got some super-sleuths on this message board and it is always appreciated!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

An article that came out today, from a UT source, regarding Celeste committing to Duke also mentioned that Karisma Ortiz was in the Transfer Portal with Celeste and Elyssa Coleman... I know some people were speculating on here about Karisma, but I have not seen anything official, do any of you know if this is true?

6. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Yes karisma entered last week

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I guess Lauren Heard is returning for her final season at TCU:

• Like Like x 2
  8. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

We can use the schollies for portalers

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Saw some speculation that Rice's 6'9 Nancy Mulkey might grad-transfer and follow Langley to Washington; she started following Texas Tech's coach Krista Gerlich on twitter, and vice verse.

• Like Like x 1
  10. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

That's interesting because the main reason Nancy Mulkey transferred to Rice is to be closer to her family.

Perhaps she has become more independent, but Washington is REALLY far compared to Oklahoma.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

More frontcourt help for UConn . . .

• Hot Hot x 1
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Trying to figure out where she gets minutes...Aaliyah Edwards played the 4 very well for a freshman, Nelson-Ododa at center for another year and I assume they have at least 3 guards on the floor: C Williams, Bueckers, Westbrook, Fudd. Aubrey Griffin at the SF/W off the bench. Of course ONO and Edwards will need rest and can get into foul trouble but to go from All Big10 starter to role player? Geno can really sell it. This could have an impact on Piath Gabriel (6-5 Fr) or even incoming F Amari Deberry (6-5). Gabriel got a total of 55 minutes while appearing in 22 games last season, her high was 4 against St John's.

13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Texas Tech giving Syracuse a run for their money:

• Like Like x 1
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

:e-eyes:

16. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Yeah, I was hoping she would come to Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

It looks really petty and small when a coaching staff removes a player from the 2020-21 roster after they announce their transfer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  18. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

I don't think she's officially portaled, but it would make sense for Nancy Mulkey to transfer from Rice. Anyone think she could look at Texas?

19. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I have seen her play a few times this year. No way she would fit in Vics system. She gets tired easily. She needs a system that is slow and methodical.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Jacob Johnson

I wouldn't mind her on the roster but I don't think she fits in with Vic's system. Blair and Elena both follow her but not sure how recent that is

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Vic does love defense:

23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

And, just like that, Coach Elena has started following Nancy Mulkey on twitter. I believe this is a very recent follow (like today) because Krista Gerlich was the only coach who appeared to be following her yesterday (if top of list means most recent).

https://twitter.com/nancymulkey/followers

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

This has to be a big blow to Kansas State:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Leading scorer for the Wildcats in both games against Texas this past season:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  27. Jacob Johnson

I was also wondering how recent it was because, about 5 minutes after the tweet came out that she had entered the portal I went to her Twitter and saw Elena following her. Either she has been following her for quite a while or she has really been waiting for her to enter the portal. Might be a huge priority for this staff. She also follows many former Texas players so she may have grew up a Texas fan

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  28. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Guess I was wrong again. :idk:

29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I remember her visiting Texas and Baylor during high school. But, she ended up committing to OU in October 2014 (nearly 1 year before her November 2015 signing period). I thought we were one of her finalists, but not according to this article:

GIRLS HOOPS: Cy Woods' Mulkey commits to Oklahoma

30. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Kids...with all the transfers going on......our men are contributing to that too.......I can’t leave my iPad without experiencing anxiety that I’ll miss some news.....especially good news for Horns WBB. However, the wife has kicked me out of the house to go play golf with some OU and TTech buddies. Good trash talking right now. Ya’ll keep up with all the news and post it here. I’ll be disappointed if when I return about 3 pm that we don’t have a new center and power forward. Mulkey would do nicely. Don’t let me down.

• Funny Funny x 1