2021 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 15, 2020.

1. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

A really good and obvious pick-up for Coach Aston to get a P5 post player. The thing that I'm interested in with the new transfer rule is will there be some sort of level playing field in basketball. Looking at all the players in the portal, they have to go somewhere and the big time programs only have 15 scholarships to give. It could help coaches like Aston at her level.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  2. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I thought everyone knew the Blues Brothers and it’s iconic references and characters. Guess it’s too old a movie for you kids. My wife says my humor is not funny. Me and Hemingway. She’s always right. I’ll try and stick to fair and biased basketball offerings so no one is offended. Or not. We have two kinds of music. We have country and western music.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I got the Blues Brothers reference, but I am fast approaching old fart-hood myself.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Finally saw something out on social media about Endyia entering the transfer portal. Her twitter home page no longer lists "USC bball" like it did previously; but, she still has all her USC hoops photos displaying.

5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

:e-thinking: Not sure how to identify the team captains for basketball.

• Like Like x 5
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

:idk:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Jordan Lewis

• Like Like x 3
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Well, that was fast

9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Already worked out I'm sure.

10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

And again younger guards are recruited over...home many times until they see the pattern?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Or....not?

12. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

:e-thinking:

13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Not a good look on KM for sure.

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Nancy Mulkey started following current Oregon State assistant coach, Katie Faulkner on twitter. Like Lovato, Faulkner seems very active on twitter as it pertains to recruiting; so, I sure wouldn't mind if she replaces Johnnie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

What really sucks is that those two good transfers they took last season, Jaden Owens and Chrislyn Carr, can't take advantage of the new transfer rule because they just transferred to Baylor. They're stuck unless willing to go somewhere and sit a year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Makes me wonder what Sarah Andrews role will be for Kim. She sure is trying to get a pg for some reason. We were her second choice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Yep, she sure is searching. I think she’s trying to get what she had with Cooper and especially the transfer PG from LSU a few years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Andrews is recovering from shoulder surgery so may get a slow start next season?

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yeah... recruits better start paying attention to the patterns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

This was retweeted by Endyia Rogers. So, i guess I won't be surprised if Endyia transfers from USC to Arizona.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I think sometimes recruits are looking at the Name on Jersey, and forgetting. Do I fit in, and what type of playing time will I get.

22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm listening . . .

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

If Carter has no intention on transferring she is obviously the next best option. I wouldn't wait around to see if I were Vic. I watched her play a few times and she needs to be a longhorn

• Like Like x 2
  24. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yep

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Slightly undersized scoring point guard? Arizona had a bit of success with that the past couple of seasons so I would understand it. Would be one of the best transfers from a fit/need prespective for both player and team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. Jacob Johnson

DROP EVERYTHING! Immediately the top target now

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Sounds good. But how are you going to sell anything to her with no post coach?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

My second most coveted!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Betcha that new post coach may already be in the works...

• Agree Agree x 5
  30. Jacob Johnson

We don't know that. Vic may have a coach ready but no announcement has been made yet. Even if one has not been hired you ensure her of the type of coach you are and let her know you have a great coach coming in. Vic has made four straight elite 8 appearances so that's also a selling point. The university of Texas alone is another great starting point but you also inform her you have the players coming in that will not only improve her game but can win at a high level. She would also immediately start and play huge minutes. There are many things you could say and all are very true. Even the fact this team made it to the Elite 8 with all the adversity should tell her all she needs to know on how great of a coach Vic is and his staff. Besides, Texas fans are the best fans and Austin is the best:hookem:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021