2021 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I guess we're considered a candidate . . .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Oh man...now she got game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 2
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

For those who remember, Lolo’s mom used to be active on this site and was always helpful and informative. If memory serves, Panola has had some success in Juco WBB.

• Like Like x 3
  5. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

At one time Davenport was committed to Texas. She hurt her ankle or knee and missed time in her junior year. Decommited then did great in state playoffs and went to Delaware. I had lost track of her. Panola Jr. College is in Carthage and the Piney Woods is a lot different than Plano. For getting your game together it’s a good place. Good for her.

6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She also tore her ACL while at Delaware (her freshman season, 2018-2019).

7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

@Jacob Johnson there is a poster on the UConn Boneyard site saying May 1st deadline begins next year. Due to COVID the portal remains open until July 1st this year.

• Like Like x 2
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Makes perfect sense. Elyssa was probably the most intriguing player on the roster for me. With the apparent physical tools for a position of need, I was curious to learn if her game fit the new system. Wish her well.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

A lot of chatter that Kardoso has committed to LSU but nothing so far from what I would consider a reliable source.

11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Baylor staff does have a good track record with post player development... especially 6'7" and above.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

If this is true then I guess it's a good thing Kim left:D no way we would've been able to handle all that between Smith, Kardoso, and Egbo

13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

If it's true then the fact LSU is in the picture under the Baylor staff may be the reason... Cordoso may not have necessarily considered Baylor.

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Got to wonder how many Baylor players Kim lined up to follow her before making the announcement?

16. Jacob Johnson

What's confusing me is the Baylor players unfollowed Mulkey. If they were going to follow her to LSU then why unfollow her? Really speaking about Smith. She may have had a heart to heart with the players and Smiths unfollow could've been out of frustration at the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

With the new rules, I sure 3-4 players will transfer to LSU as is their right. The ones that are hurt are those who already transferred into Baylor last year. Stuck there with an unknown coach and playing philosophy coming in. Then again, this mirrors Karisma Ortiz and our coaching change. But then, she graduated college and can transfer again as a grad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I just wonder what Mulkey will do with the current players at LSU. If she has players wanting to transfer from BU to LSU, does she push current LSU players out to make room? That would be a sucky thing to do if she does. :idk:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

If the sea hag does that to current LSU players, it wouldn't be the first classless, sucky thing she has done, and almost certainly wouldn't be her last.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Baylor fans already trying to downplay the loss of Mulkey might go full Chernobyl meltdown should players start following her to LSU or transferring elsewhere...

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Wow! I detect a little bitterness!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Number one to transfer I'd think would be Moon Ursin from outside New Orleans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Since Jourdan Lewis from Alabama can’t sign an NLI, I guess that means she’s free to follow Mulkey to LSU right?

Feel bad for those kids who transferred into BU who won’t get immediate eligibility if they decide to go elsewhere

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

To Buster's (questionable) point, I would ask him to explain how it is that UT players went from where we were to one of the final 8 teams standing within one season. The obvious answer is the new coach got more out of the players on the roster than the last one did.

Players are not 100% of the reason a program is successful. Coaches aren't either. There will always be a balance between the two, and the best coaches seek out and get the best players who fit the type their program needs. Despite my deep distaste for all things sea-haggish, I have to admit that she was really, really good at getting great talent she could best work with.

• Agree Agree x 9
  25. utfannforlife

My guess is that he knows that, but if they acknowledge that KM made BU what they were they you have to acknowledge the flip side of that. Now that she's gone where does that mean the program is headed?........

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Baylor was not a great job when KM first took it... she made it a great job. I suspect that program eventually fades like Tech. We'll see if that holds true and, if so, how long it takes.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

What's the saying? It's better to be the (wo)man replacing the (wo)man who followed the Legend? GG, Holly Warlick and, to @brnkj 's point, Kristy Curry come to mind. Not having any sort of remove means moderate success is judged harshly by comparison.

• Agree Agree x 6
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Third school’s the charm?

29. utfannforlife

The way she shoots..........we'll take her!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Jacob Johnson

I think it's safe to say Smith is upset with Mulkey for leaving. She retweeted the first one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1