2022-2023 Non Big12 Teams

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by HornView, Nov 20, 2022.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

#1 South Carolina beat #2 Stanford by 5 after Boston sent the game into OT on a last second shot in Palo Alto

In a perspective game for our Longhorns, UCONN beat #10 North Carolina St in Hartford by 22 points with Azzi Fudd scoring 32 points (again)

• Like Like x 3
  2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

DePaul defeated #14 Maryland by 9

• Like Like x 3
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Looking at the schedule for the Goombay Splash going on in the Bahamas, Notre Dame and LSU are among the participants but the two-game, round-robin format has them avoiding playing one another. How convenient for both...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. seanzozo

seanzozo 25+ Posts

If you want to watch some Audrey, she’s getting tons of playing time today because a scrum in the first quarter resulted in 4 other Georgia players getting ejected. Between injuries and ejections, Georgia only has 6 players left. Game is on ESPN3

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  5. seanzozo

seanzozo 25+ Posts

And now at the end of the 3rd, another Georgia player ejected. VCU has taken 10! technical free throws.

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Good grief.

7. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Might be surprised to know Audrey picked up her first foul with about 1:30 left in the 3rd Qtr

8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

UCONN dismantled (previously undefeated) Duke by 26. Duke hadn’t played anybody of note and had beat aTm by 19 earlier

• Like Like x 2
  9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Iowa up on UCONN by 6 at halftime. I’d be watching if I weren’t at The Moody

10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

UConn won by 7

11. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Please tell me that the announcers spent some time talking about this little known player on the UConn squad...I think her name is Azzi Fudd?

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Lauren Ebo had quite a game to lead her new team, Notre Dame, to a win against previously undefeated Arizona State. She scored 20 points and grabbed nine rebounds.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Watching UCLA take it to South Carolina in the first half of their game, leading SC most of the way. UCLA is playing a zone, collapsing on SC's front court. UCLA is pretty much daring SC guards to shoot 3's.

Well I forgot to hit Post Reply and now they are tied with about 4 min left in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

SC wins, but UCLA is pretty salty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Perspective...
    We lose close game to Marquette (w/o Rori)
    Marquette gives UCLA all they want
    UCLA gives S. Carolina all they want.

• Like Like x 6
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And... we haven't played well yet.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Exactly

18. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Typical Vic, right? This year we have a bunch (6?) of new players who have never played for a coach like Vic. They spend November, December acclimating to his style and intensity. Sometime in January it starts clicking. Frustrating in the early part of the season but we've seen the results.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Notre Dame beat UCONN by 14 and I noticed Azzi Fudd was 0-2 with 0 points. I wonder if she got injured or something? Minutes played are not posted yet. Ebo scored 12 for ND.

• Like Like x 3
  20. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Virginia Tech beat Tennessee in Knoxville today and Rickea Jackson did not play which was “coach’s decision” and it’s “indefinite”. My first thought was we may have dodged a bullet as much as we coveted Rickea out of the portal.

(Virginia Tech was without Ashley Owusu today because of a hand injury).

Tennessee has gone from #5 to unranked. It can’t be possible that both Tennessee and Texas have combined with this many losses this early in the season before? Surely not

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  21. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

So happy Ebo got to experience beating UCONN.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  22. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  23. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Audrey Warren looking good early for Georgia. Five points and drew a charge in first 5 minutes. Georgia besting NC State 15-10 in first quarter.

• Like Like x 3
  24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Audrey ended up leading Georgia in scoring with 18 points shooting 50% (including 4 of 8 from 3). 3 steals ONE turnover in 35 minutes.

• Like Like x 4
  25. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I only watched first half and she looked good….better than just good. Like she could really help Horns this year. Guess we’ll never really know what transpired to her and end up leaving. That’s ok. Good for Warren.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I don't think she cared for her role as sixth player after Shay was inserted into the starting lineup midway through last season, even though we won about 14 straight games from that point.

27. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I believe I heard the commentators say that Audrey wanted to play pro and to do so she wanted to move to the 3 position and improve her perimeter shooting. I think she did that pretty well last night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I heard that too. They also said she primarily played the 4 at Texas. Not sure that's true, but anyway, it almost seemed like they had spoken with Audrey to get the information about why she transferred. I think the big thing was she wanted to start somewhere and it looks like that is happening for her so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Looking back at the statistics for her (Games started/Games played):

Georgia: 10/10
    2021: 16/36
    2020: 19/23
    2019: 0/19
    2018: 10/28

So yeah, that's fair. I'd be upset if it weren't for the fact that she gave UT her all when she was on the court and she deserves something to make her happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1