2022-2023 Other B12 Teams

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Nov 9, 2022.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Baylor LITERALLY handed the game to OU.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I sent this to my family and my wife's first reaction was "When is Robertson going to graduate?!"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

Nikki Collin is likeable, unlike her predecessor, but she seems to be following the same pattern as in the W. Outstanding first year. Pretty good in year 2 and average-to-bad in year 3. (Year 3 was complicated by team owner’s politics and team dissent.) Perhaps the Baylor era is winding down.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Yep. Those that were touting her short-lived success in the WNBA and trip to Finals failed to mention that was for 2 reasons:
    • Had a peak, healthy Angel McCoughtry that season
    • Delle Donne missed the semifinal series but Atlanta still got pushed to the brink of elimination, in large part due to the performance of a rookie we all know and love, Ariel Atkins
    Anyone who thought Baylor would simply ‘reload’ after the departure of Nalyssa and Queen without Mulkey was delusional.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

So Oklahoma St sweeps Baylor

ISU down 11 in the 4th in Morgantown

• Like Like x 1
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

WVU defeats ISU by 13 so they’ll be really hungry for a win Monday night.

Hoping K St puts an L on OU tomorrow in Manhattan.

OK St is in sole possession of 3rd place and Baylor is tied with ISU for 4th

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hopefully travel-tired and dejected.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I have nothing negative to say about Collen. But, she did not recruit well for her 2022 class; Littlepage-Buggs is a very good player, but just one elite recruit to go along with a couple of other signees. For 2023, she signed one player (a 6'7 Center we pursued). Very small in numbers for consecutive high school recruiting classes. As it turned out, her transfer portal class ended up being a goose egg; she will have to hit it big in the transfer portal in the offseason to remain Top 25-30.

I mean, the elite players were heading to Baylor because of Mulkey, not because of the school. Kelly Jolly is experiencing that at Tennessee, but to a lesser extent.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Gerlich has Tech moving in the right direction down 18 against OU at the half. Guns Up! #ShootingForEighth

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Honestly, as much as we dislike Tech, it would be better for us if the score was reversed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Baylor done quit! K-State putting a spanking on them right now.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Their fans have been really hard on Nikki on social media. Can't wait to see what they start posting tonight. Wonder if they'll still use that stupid "GreaterThan" hashtag?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Don’t know if her views of the world and the blue haired fans of Baylor are the same.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

And here it comes...........:e-face-tears:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Its funny how many fans of these Big12 programs have said for years that they hate us because we are allegedly "entitled". And then when order is finally restored in the Universe and they start not being #1 at something, they absolutely freak out, sh#t in their pants, and act . . . . .well - ENTITLED! I am personally enjoying every bit of this. And when we finally get out of this pathetic conference, I for one sincerely hope they become the next conference USA. Maybe they will then realize how ridiculous they acted when they had it so good. You can't tell me for one minute that BaylorWBB ever would have become relevant in the first place without the draw of competing with Texas.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  16. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Speaking of entitled... Mulkey built Baylor into a championship basketball program. For too many years our seasons were focused on trying to beat Baylor (with scant success!). They were the benchmark of the conference, not us. When Vic came on board I was pretty excited that we would have a team to finally compete with her. Didn't happen, due to her moving on, but it looks like the opportunity will again present itself. And again speaking of entitled, we lost to a top 25 team, at their house, are still tied for 1st and plenty are freaking out. How would we ourselves react if we went from National Champion to 6th in conference?

• Like Like x 1
  17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Except if you read our posts, we are pretty transparent about where we are and how we are playing. No one on here denying that we played like **** against Tech or more recently ISU. In fact, we often post that we are “nervous” about a game… “hopeful“ of another sweet 16 etc. We don’t do a mock version of anyone’s hand gesture (horns down). Our coach speaks highly of other coaches and players. Our players don’t trash the visitors locker room when we win. That’s the opposite of entitled.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

This! One thing I really appreciate about Vic is the way he always has complimentary remarks about the opponents' players and coaches. I don't recall hearing any other coach do it the way he does. That's class. That's Texas.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I just don't get some poster's reference that we're jumping off ledges, are freaking out, or are otherwise delusional about this season's prospects. Sounds like maybe when I was in my 20's, but I'm way too old for that now!:D

20. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

With all due respect, you missed my point. I was replying to a post asserting that Baylor was only relevant because of us. To say that, given the W/L for all those years, is the very definition of entitlement.

21. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Thanks. I agree. Baylor’s success was their own doing.

We HAVE gone from National Champion to middle of the pack and then back to the top. And what I am saying is we never acted differently at the top or bottom. We didn’t trash visitor locker rooms. We didn’t find a way to make fun of the Tech “gun” or the Baylor “claw”. Our players didn’t make videos showing disrespect etc. If we’ve acted entitled about anything, it’s that we expect decency on our court and in our stands. No way would a Texas player shoot the finger at fans or a Texas coach trash talk players on the other team. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, yes, but we don’t define ourselves by other programs.

But maybe we are talking about two different things :beertoast:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  22. Austingr8

Austingr8 < 25 Posts

Whoever made the decision to make a big deal of the "horns down" and penalize anyone for doing it, just poured fuel on the fire. I don't recall it being so rampant until that decision was made. Of course teams and fans are going to try to get under our skin with it now.

23. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well I don’t think Texas asked for it, it’s clearly taunting in my book though and taunting is in the rule book

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Austingr8

Austingr8 < 25 Posts

It is, and it shouldn't be. That's why teams go over board with it. It's a silly rule and only feeds the narrative that Texas is "entitled". Hopefully it won't carry over to the SEC, although it probably will.

25. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Taunting is not a silly rule it’s unsportsmanlike. I’d like to keep sportsmanship in sports myself

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Austingr8

Austingr8 < 25 Posts

I would too, but that genie has left the bottle.

27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Iowa State wins at Baylor in 2OT.

28. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I saw the end of that game. Bailer cra#ped their britches again in crunch time. They haven't helped us at all this season. First, couldn't hit a FT to end it earlier in the game, and then in the 2nd OT they literally gave the ball away on the last possession trying to advance it up the court. Wow - again! More silly fans getting restless in wAco as shown below.

29. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I was 1 for 3 on my predictions today. The only easy money was Krista's bunch losing (that's as predicable as lubbock smelling like cow dung). OSU punked them in the rematch at the desert. Then we saw the meltdown in wAco. But the wild one was tCu getting their first conf. W of the season - beating KSU by 13!

• Like Like x 2
  30. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Nicki realizing some in the bailer fan-base are too spoiled and entitled. Funny they don't seem to care that she did pretty well in the portal but got stuck with their 2 best players having to sit out this season.

• Like Like x 4