2022-2023 Other B12 Teams

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Nov 9, 2022.

1. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We moved back up to #10 in the Net Rankings which means we’ll be ranked #110 in the AP. Next Committee reveal is this Thursday. My guess is we will drop to a 4 seed but then go back to 3 if we beat OU and Baylor.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Fixed it for you. I'm trying to let your optimism rub off on me.:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

#19 in AP so I was only off by 91. And yet, there sits OU at #13 with their 32 net ranking. That loss in Lubbock continues to haunt us.

Gonna be a big game in Norman this weekend. :bevo:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Okie Lite getting jobbed by the refs in the 4th quarter at home against ISU. Currently up 64-62 at the media timeout. Cowgirls not helping their cause with some drives and wild layup attempts.

5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Final: Okie Lite 73, ISU 68.

Cowgirls now in sole possession of 3rd place in the conference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Meanwhile, tech and WVU are setting the women’s game back decades: sand aggy up 40-39 with 8 minutes left in the game.

Chevalier with her first bucket since before Xmas.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  7. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Given the roster she has, Jacie is Big 12 Coach of the Year in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Tech wins on a headscratcher play with 3.1 seconds left in the 2nd overtime, 69-68. Quinnerly is dang good but she took her focus off the ball with 6 seconds left and allowed Tech to get the possession off a tie up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

100%. When Texas and OU (sux) depart, Okie Lite and ISU could be the class of the Big12 for the foreseeable future. Hoyt just needs a couple of good recruiting classes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Agreed... IMO it's not even close.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

It shouldn't be.

upload_2023-2-23_13-20-37.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

I understand Stephanie Soares's injury has totally changed the outlook for the Cyclones, but even without Soares, they basically have the same team as last year. Why they are losing games this year that they didn't lose last year is unknown to me.

Kansas started out well, but they have been disappointing most recently.

Texas Tech is trash.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Iowa State lost another senior post (Jordeo) for medical reasons (with no more eligibility.) Jordeo and Kane split Post duties last year based on match-ups or who was having success in a game. Between them, they made one adequate post. Now it is just Morgan Kane and a very slight forward who is probably more a perimeter player really.

14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Can’t say I’m surprised…7-45 in Big12 play since finishing 2nd during the 2019-2020 season.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I was shocked she was allowed to come back this year. I think they didn't want to pay the buyout for firing her and was this the last year of her contract?

16. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Is this really about to happen!

• Like Like x 2
  17. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Nope! K State just have them the game at the FT line

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Overtime

KSU has two players that fouled out (one a starter)

19. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I cannot believe oUs ridiculous luck this season. No injury issues this year and then teams keep literally giving away games to them. KSt had this thing won and then Sundell and Gregory combine to miss 3 out of 4 FTs in the last 6 seconds. 1 more make and oU loses this game. Give me a freaking break! Sundell was game high scorer with 33 pts but couldn’t get a FT when it mattered.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Damn it. KState could have taken that. Rats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

ISU falls to Kansas. OKState falls to WV. This season has been very unpredictable

• Agree Agree x 4
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I called that KU win over ISU, but not the close call between OU and KSU nor the upset of OSU by WVU. This conference season has been a grind.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Hope Texas is hitting the gym and practicing free throws because KSU just gave them the perfect example of what happens when you don't make them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Big12 refs at it again - and yes, its one of the dudes. Looks like Jacie got T'd up for merely saying "let's go black" - her team's uniform color's last night. Now you can't cheer your own team on? This is straight up trash. Where does the league office get these officials from?:

• WTF? WTF? x 3
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  25. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Wonder what he thought she said? Such BS from these reffing crews

26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Big 12 officiating crews are some of the absolute worst.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Unfortunately, I believe this is what ou & we can expect thru 7-1-24...in pretty much all conference sports.

28. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

In all the excitement of winning I’m just now noticing Baylor took it on the chin at home on senior night losing to West Virginia by 11 points leaving them in 6th place for the season

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I was not very happy that we lost to Baylor at home Monday night. They are just not a good team, and have no inside presence. But, how could I claim those things after they beat us at home? :mad:

30. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Baylor beat more ranked teams than anyone else in the Big 12 so I’d have to say they’re pretty good actually. Clearly not consistent though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1