2022-2023 Other B12 Teams

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Its amazing how consistent this phenomenon is. A team beats Texas, gets super-high on themselves, and then literally craps their britches in the very next game. It seems like this happens more times than not. They spoiled our senior day, so I love hearing that theirs got screw up too!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Stay classy Tech. Stay classy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Gerlich is such a *****.
    There, I said it... what a lot of us are thinking.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

My word would have one less *

Tech last year: 4-14 In conference - get rid of her! Also Tech: she beat Texas in Austin - keep her!

Tech this year: 6-12 in conference play - get rid of her! Also Tech: She beat Texas in Lubbock - keep her!

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Next up Jeff Mittie?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Fennelly? So now Krista is going after choirboys too? And then Krista's lovely staff apparently started getting into it with fans too:

At what point does the Big12 tell Kirby that he needs to get his programs under control or face steep fines?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Hillbillies gonna hillbilly.
    #trash

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Does anyone know what the issue was that caused the unprofessional behaviour of Gerlich, her staff and players? I can't imagine Fennelly and his players acting in a provocative manner.

9. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

It appears that the Tech women's basketball program needs to hold a refresher course in the "Guns Up" gesture--it's the index finger that is used, not the middle.

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Read on Cyclone Fanatics that Fennelly was upset that Tech was pressing against ISU's bench in the waning minutes/seconds of the game with ISU up 30 points. Per ISU own fans, hostility between coaches was initiated by Fennelly. He then tried to move on but Gerlich continued (guess she didn't feel she'd had her say yet).

• Like Like x 1
  11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

She does appear to have the need to get the last word right or wrong. That’s due to lack of class

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

There isn't a hill within 60 miles of Lubbock, but we all know what you mean.

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

LMAO! I would get in trouble if I said what I really meant... hillbilly was the closest thing I could think of.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And to be fair Fennelly seems like an *******, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Fennelly has never been a fan of tough defensive teams - he had a great line a few years ago about how Longhorns Football would win more games if they were as physical as Aston’s teams. I can’t remember him being confrontational with other coaches though.

I lost a lot of respect for ISU fans last season when they referred to our players as thugs after the Big12 tourney win.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 512HornsUp

512HornsUp 100+ Posts

I legit LOLed! What a great laugh - thanks for that :yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Austingr8

Austingr8 < 25 Posts

Yes, let the jerk male coach have the last say since he initiated it too. Talk about class.

18. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

You’re assuming he didn’t have a legitimate beef. She can say her piece and then STFU, but she seems to want to keep running her mouth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Not really trying to take sides, but if his beef had to do with Tech pressing his reserves, that is the same complaint that started the flap between Mulkey and Texas at the Big12 tourney some years ago.

20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

True but, although the outcome of that UT/BU game had been decided, we weren't down by 30 and Baylor hadn't emptied their bench. There's a difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Except in that example the Coach trash talked our players not our coach. Kim Mulkey is trash. Gerlich is merely a dust covered wannabe.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Yeah, that Mulkey sets a high bar. But Gerlich is trying. She must have winked when having the player apologize for the finger earlier in the year. If she'd been serious, surely a second player would not have done the same thing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

When the coach doesn't impose any disciplinary action for a player showing their entire *** with gross unsportsmanlike conduct, then they're setting a precedent that it's okay for others to be classless -- because the coach is also classless.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Sometimes I wish this didn’t come across my social media and sometimes I need a good laugh. Ya’ll, did you know Texas Tech is “playing in the postseason for the first time since 2012-2013”? Well they sure are and it’s something else they are sayin.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Tech is playing in the WNIT this Thursday against UTEP. They do have an 18-14 record because of all the preseason cupcakes they played. My understanding is the minimum requirement for playing in the WNIT is a winning record.
    Let them bask in their glory!!:popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Just a .500 record as Wake Forest (and Jewel Spear) with a 16-16 record will be hosting a first round game in the WNIT, and that's because they won 2 games in the ACC tourney.

• Like Like x 1
  27. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

"Bask" away, *******.

• Funny Funny x 5
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Right! :beertoast:
    I'll be watching. :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  29. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Oh I’m not stopping any basking with so much comedy that comes with :smokin:

• Like Like x 2
  30. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

As I recall, it was Mack Brown at a football game, possibly WVa, who first complained about Horns down.