2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm guessing Blair was referencing 2026 Jenica Lewis, and the 2024 and 2027 recruits from D.C. We rarely get such young recruits from thousands of miles away come to Texas for unofficial visits so early in the recruiting process. I think it validates that our "reach" is extending more and more nationally.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

3. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Rori is a born Leader.Love her.

4. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Outside of the matchups against Tennessee and South Carolina, pretty cheesy schedule for a team that won the natty two years ago and made the final four last year... especially considering they return significant experience and star players from those teams.

6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I didn’t expect much from aggy this season but this certainly doesn’t help…

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

We have the chance to play Louisville, and Tennessee! Great non conference tournament I just hate that it’s being streamed through Flo hoops. Flo sports is the worst streaming service out there.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

This bracket probably means they seeded Tenn #1, and us #2, probably out of perceived pre-season rankings. But it'll be great prep. for the season.

9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Won’t be a resume builder (as usual).

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Gerlich has no choice but to pile up wins, regardless of the quality of the opponent. She couldn't win much the last 2 seasons with the best player, Vivian Gray, they've had in several years. So, not sure how Gerlich will have a better team this season, even if the W/L record is better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

This program is typical of Tech athletics as a whole. Always screaming for attention and demanding to be considered relevant, but in the end, all they really stand for is their hatred for one school that does not consider them even close to a rival. When we're gone in the next couple of years, who will be the boogie man that they all rally against?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Tech and Baylor take turns at the top of my sh*t list as my most despised institutions, even ahead of OU and Aggville. It's been that way with me for many years.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We are either going to see the official release of our non-conference schedule today, or learn of at least one of the new coaching hires today, Friday the 9th! I can just feel it! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

HMMM? :e-thinking:

16. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Ok Moooooo, what’s your old bones say for tomorrow? :yippee:
    I’m thinking at least after the big game tomorrow?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Official releases from Texas don't typically come over the weekend. So, guess we'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest. :(

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  18. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Two months* and counting....

* 60 days away assuming 1st game is Nov 9 like last year. Exhibition game a few days earlier.

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Vic doesn't miss an opportunity to promote his Texas hoops program.

Love it! :e-heart:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  23. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Seeing Anissa Gutierrez in these team pictures makes me happy. She is the embodiment of what can happen for a person who works hard, does everything asked of her, and bides her time. She is a true success story.

• Like Like x 4
  24. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. Jacob Johnson

Vic taking a page out of Chris beard’s playbook and I absolutely love you see it.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Also at the Zeta Tau Alpha house. This guy is worth twice what he is getting paid.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 13
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hoping our non-conference schedule gets released today. Just can't imagine what could be holding things up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Jacob Johnson

It just seems to be a Texas thing honestly. Volleyball has the same problem releasing schedules at the very last minute. I have no idea why but, it’s getting old very fast:rolleyes1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Drives me crazy. I have annual trips that I go on and would gladly schedule around home games if I knew. At least tell us what has been confirmed even if you don’t have the entire season inked.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1