2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yes I missed some games last year because I had trips elsewhere that I waited as long as I could to schedule, but had to pull the trigger before the schedule was released. You want butts in the seats (and so do I) but make it awfully difficult especially for those of us who don’t live in Austin. Release what you know would be a nice compromise for starters

• Winner Winner x 4
  2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

My thoughts exactly! All of that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  4. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Season parking passes went on sale today in Manor garage.
    • "Parking passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last"

• Like Like x 2
  5. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I just checked and we are the only Big12 program that can't seem to get its non-conf. WBB schedule out and posted to the public. There just isn't a good excuse for that at this point. By comparison, our coach's last employer had their full non-conf. schedule posted on August 16th! They had their full conference schedule posted on August 17th. I think Vic needs to ask someone in the athletic department why this is acceptable for our program. Maybe this improves when we make the jump to the SEC, but if they want fans to show up for games this season, they better start giving this program the attention it deserves. By comparison, our Men's program's non-conference schedule was posted on July 21st.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

It's inexcusable. Even if the schedule hasn't been fully finalized, AT LEAST release what has been. The delay in the schedule release doesn't impact me because I don't live close enough to attend anyway. But I do understand how it affects those who do. Maybe someone should compose a diplomatic email to the staff with concerns.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  8. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

From the looks of Jordana’s story she suffered another significant injury and I believe just had surgery. Definitely won’t be playing this season and I hate that for her. I know she has worked really hard in rehab trying to get back healthy. Just another story in her journey and I hope this doesn’t discourage her from
    continuing her career.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I saw that too on IG. Hopefully, if Jordana is having surgery, it's successful and she can take the year off to rehab. She seemed to be enjoying everything about Texas and her teammates so it must be tough to have another surgery.

I wonder if the surgery was looming and that's why Vic only mentioned Jak and Amina as the freshman class in one of his recent interviews.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I can't view it for some reason. Does it look like something she sustained here during workouts, or is it a redo of an older surgery like we see so often when high school athletes show up with prior knee injuries?

11. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jacob Johnson

I really can’t tell because from the looks of it she injured both legs. She has wrap as well as a leg brace on both of her legs in the hospital bed so it looks to be something sustained here but probably the same injury she had in high school.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Yea this doesn’t look good. At least for this season.
    C6F8C7FD-5F05-4C38-A290-3B7399E154C1.jpeg 2F1124B8-A097-4105-96E7-53AB61A5A13A.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I love the comradery of this team. Going to be a fun season to follow!

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  16. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

What a great interview! They have nap pods in the workout area. Would never have thought of that!

• Like Like x 6
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Nice to see Kyndall getting some of the spotlight and how engaged she is.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. airtightskipole

airtightskipole 25+ Posts

Where do you try to buy?

19. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I assumed they sent the parking email to all wbb season ticket holders. In any event, it was a matter of signing into your account, similar to buying season tickets.
    TexasSports.com
    Parking costs $125, plus a $50 foundation donation, plus a $20 handling fee. $195 total.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  20. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Princeton has released their schedule and will be at Texas on Sunday, Nov. 27.
    2022-23 Women's Basketball Schedule - Princeton University Athletics
    Adding to what BornInATX created:

11/14: @ UCONN
    11/19, 20 & 21: Battle 4 Atlantis, Bahamas (3 games guaranteed)
    11/27: Princeton @ Austin
    12/2: USF @ Austin
    12/18: USC @ Dallas, 2:30 p.m.
    12/21: HBU @ Austin
    12/28: A&M Commerce @ Austin

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. UrsusArctos

UrsusArctos 100+ Posts

Thanks for that.

Great, all we have to do is check all the other 350 schools’ schedules and see if we are there and we’ll have our schedule. Seems a bit inefficient but it’s working….

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I suppose that leaves room for only one or two more non-conference games (not counting any exhibitions).

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Curious what Sedona Prince might think about that.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Jacob Johnson

When you think about it Texas has a tough non conference schedule. We have the chance to play

UConn
    Louisville
    Tennessee
    Princeton
    USF

All are great teams and hopefully when the schedule comes out we play some more decent teams. I just wish we had some of those matchups in the moody center. I know Vic is working hard to get people in the arena but regardless it’s going to be tough if we don’t get quality competition in the arena.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  26. Sincerely hookem

Sincerely hookem 100+ Posts

I hope we get Jackson State again they are going to be pretty good this year but I know we get a different swac pushover every year and after the statement made by them last year they might not get a invite back. Hopefully uapb or Howard one of the ok HBCU will come in. I also agree the battle of Atlantis and UConn will be good games just might not be any in the moody center until Baylor looks like.

27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, last year's matinee game for the grade-school kids was on November 17. Doesn't seem like that date will work this season. So, perhaps it will be the second week of December (if at all).

Last year, our December 29th scheduled home game against Alcorn State was canceled due to COVID protocols at Texas. Although Alcorn State went on to finish their season with a 3-22 record, perhaps we will host them this season to make up for last season's cancellation.

We have hosted Idaho in Vic's first 2 seasons; they have yet to announce their non-conference schedule. So, I'd say they are a possibility to come to Ausitn again.

• Like Like x 1
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Are you referring to how well they played and pushed the Longhorns or was something said? Vic was incredibly gracious and complimentary of JSU so I assume the former.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Don’t forget about USF. That game will be one of the toughest we play OOC

• Agree Agree x 4
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Vic just hasn't had much luck arranging home-and-home series with Top 25 programs. It doesn't get better than UConn, so he's reeled in the "big one" so to speak; just need a couple more like that every season. Princeton is not bad.

South Florida was the return game of the home-and-home series started by Karen Aston.

I was really hoping a series with Arizona would continue (still owe them a road game) as I thought Adia Barnes wouldn't shy away from tough non-conference games, but their non-conference schedule for this season refutes that.

• Like Like x 4