2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Listened to it. Couldn't explain further. Just a stranger at a restaurant a Sunday lunch after church.

2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Hey folks, 22 games into the season:

2021-2022: 16-6
    2022-2023: 16-6

• Like Like x 9
  3. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

Out of the past 6 games we beat 4 ranked teams and we are just at #24. Nope math is not adding up. Ohio State looses three in a row and they are still in the top 10.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

The punishment for Texas for being ranked #3 at the start of the season.
    Currently, it's annoying. But if this keeps us from hosting the two rounds at Moody, I'll be angry.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Crème has Horns as a #5 seed and rising. Was a #7 last week. Voelpel has Horns as #14 in power rankings……so about a #4 seed. Just keep winning at West Virginia and KS this week and The Dance seedings take care of themselves.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

The NET ranking will be a much bigger factor for seeding by the committee than these rankings by voters. As of yesterday’s results, Texas is at #10

• Like Like x 8
  7. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Hey y'all. Going to the Tech game next week. First time to Moody and I'm jazzed. Taking my son who is a junior at UT. Women's basketball has not been on his radar but I'm optimistic that will change at the Tech game. Going to dinner at TenTen and then will be looking for parking. Those of you who have been there, any suggestions on parking options? We don't mind walking. Hook 'em!

• Like Like x 2
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

The parking lot right next door to Moody [Manor] is only for season ticket holders who purchased parking passes - although it can hold more than that, only those with passes are allowed in. I see every 4th car get turned away as they ask to see your parking pass before you can enter the entrance where they pull the stub from the pass.

Three options:
    1. street parking around/near Belmont hall (stadium)
    2. Brazos [Jester dorm]
    3. Trinity [Across Erwin Center]

9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Trinity garage is $10 and you can buy a pass online if you do it by midnight the day before. It says print the pass but I’ve pulled up the email and they’ve scanned it or you can do a screen print

• Like Like x 1
  10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Park at the old Trinity Garage across from the FEC. Love TenTen.

• Like Like x 1
  11. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I’m WAY behind so just listened to Schaefer’s presser. There’s not one thing he says that I disagree with. Probably not important to anyone but me. However, on a dark and stormy day…..it’s so uplifting to listen to him talk about this team. I don’t care how much money CDC is paying him…..he’s worth more. I’m positive that the next 2-3 years, he’ll have Horns where he talks about them the way he does his best 3 Mississippi State teams. He’ll have to get there a little differently but he’s building a monster. Listening closely, I think he feels this current team “could” be hard to play against in The Dance.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Guess who is sole first place in the Big12?:fire:

• Like Like x 5
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Texas in sole possession of 1st place right now and it’s February 1st

Lawrence, Ames, Norman, Manhattan all tough road games left. Must protect home court against Tech, TCU, WVU and Baylor taking nothing for granted.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Listed out like that, it seems daunting. The Big 12 is brutal.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

And y’all even our losses are all relatively close. No blowouts. None may be razor close but given what usually happens at the end of games you’re down (fouling and free throws), it’s reason to maintain some optimism!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I'm glad USF is doing so well, since they beat us at home. Ranked #25 with only four losses...all to then ranked teams. As we observed at Moody, they are a tough team that nobody will want to play in March.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Dangerous road games. Tech and bailor may be toughies at home.
    I'm still of the opinion that the regular season champion will have 3-4 losses.
    I think we can do it and it will be our defense that carries us through.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Looking at the remaining schedule Kansas will be the worse matchup problem. Think we are not good matchups for Iowa State and Owho.
    Ps….let’s try not and make the Tech game a big deal. They are not relevant and I don’t want to give them the impression they are!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Unfortunately, the Longhorns’ poor performance in Lubbock made Tech relevant to Texas. Without that loss, Texas is firmly in the driver’s seat for the Big12 regular season title, much higher in the rankings and looking at a higher seed in the NCAA tourney.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  20. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Crème kept Horns as a 5 seed and holding steady in today’s update. In looking at a WAY too early bracket, I could make the case that finishing as a 4 or 5 seed is not good. That puts you on a collision course with a number one. Finishing 6 or 7 puts a team in a number 2 side of bracket. Still tough but better than facing a number 1.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Double-edge sword.

If you are not at least a #4 seed, you don't get to play at home for the first two rounds of the tourney; we have not proven to be a good road team. I'd rather be a #4 seed than a 6 or 7 seed. Based on our injuries this season, getting to the Sweet 16 would be a great accomplishment.

This year, only 2 regional sites -- Greenville, SC and Seattle, WA. So, you don't have to worry about playing a #1 seed who has a huge homecourt advantage.in the round of 16 with one exception. The most important thing to me is avoiding matching up with South Carolina prior to the Final Four (in Dallas).

Our softball team benefitted last year from NOT being the final #4 seed last Spring and being matched up with #1 OU. They had to win the regional and super-regional games on the road, but they did it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  22. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I agree with you. All good points. As you pointed out…..avoiding South Carolina bracket is highly desirable. Crème currently has us playing South Carolina in Sweet Sixteen. Kinda influenced my thoughts. Who really knows right now?

23. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Desperate for relevancy, a couple of Tech fans are trying to get their Austin-area fans to come out to the Moody like they did for the men's game last year. There may not be many that care (let's face it, their men's and women's programs are a combined 5 and 15 in conference this season), but they are desperate and have nothing to lose. We need to come out in masse and shut them up. Tell your family and friends. We need to pack the Moody.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Why is the SandWitch wearing an aggy shirt in that photo?

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Look closer. It’s a guns up tee.

26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well, crap. My old eyes didn't see the forefinger extended thanks to the graphics. Of course it might have helped if I had been viewing on a desktop and not my phone screen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

We moved up to 20 in the AP Poll

• Like Like x 3
  28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Voelpel of ESPNW has moved Horns up to #12 in Power Rankings. Was #14 las week. I think this is closer to actual seeding than AP Poll. Translates to about a #3 seed. Crème hasn’t updated his brackets yet but expect it’ll move from #5 to a #4.

• Like Like x 2
  29. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Ok. Let me see if I have this straight:

We beat ISU and then Baylor and OU and re-enter last week at #24 behind ISU and OU.

Meanwhile OU who has lost to Baylor and then loses to ISU moves up to #16

And ISU who beat OU but lost to Baylor drops to #21.

And Baylor who beat OU and then beat ISU both on the road remains unranked.

OU has a net ranking of 42.

Meanwhile Texas leads the conference, wins two on the road, has the #10 net and #16 power rankings and… checks math… sits at #20?

Have I got that right?

You can add our power ranking and net ranking together and still get a ranking 20 points better than OU. How in the world does any of this add up? :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 8
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Make it make sense...