2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

For your Tuesday contemplating, Voelpel’s ESPNW power rankings, she/he has Texas as #13. In today’s ESPNW bracketology, Crème has Texas as a #3 seed and rising. Comparable. Both are simply opinions of Voelpel and Crème. I choose not to chase other power rankings and brackets.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I think the NCAA Net Rankings are best bet to determine where we are looking at the Tourney. The Committee stayed fairly true to that for the first reveal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

The OU game Saturday will have a significant impact.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I think the game will be more impactful for OU if they win, than for us should we not win.

• poop poop x 1
  6. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Enjoyed seeing Jak’s personality in her interview during the most recent Game Plan with Vic Schaefer. Seems like a great kid and I love how she’s making some strides now with the college game. :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I agree. Also enjoyed the interview with Amina, and then last week, interviews with Blair and Elena as well. They need to go through the whole roster. I'm sure these players/coaches really enjoy being featured, even if its a short interview.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

NCAA committee reveal coming in a few minutes during halftime of the SC/Tennessee game on ESPN.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We moved down slightly after the loss to ISU, which I expected. Based on the movement of a lot of other teams, this committee has a tough time looking at a team's entire body of work and is easily influenced by the outcomes of the most recent games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  11. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Thanks for posting this. I wasn’t able to locate it the day I commented about the show. :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

No problem - they didn’t post it until late last night.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Seconding the thanks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

15. GoHorns22

GoHorns22 25+ Posts

Does this mean that Shaylee is only coming back next season if we make the final 4?

16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Right?.. kind of hard to read into what's being said there. I will say Shaylee is a really good player, but she is not ready for the WNBA at this point. I don't say that because I desperately want her to return for another year. While I'd be happy if she did, I always want people to make choices that ultimately facilitates their happiness. Food for thought... there are bonafide NCAA All-Americans that have struggled in the W and especially among perimeter players. Just sayin...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We know Sonya will be honored on senior day come Monday night. I doubt Taylor Jones will be participating; same for Shaylee, IMO. Femme probably participates as I just don't think she fits into the plans next season.

18. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I missed that episode of Game Plan and couldn't find a replay. I did find 27 episodes of Game Plan with Rodney Terry though. :rolleyes1: I would very much like to see the Amina interview if anyone can find it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I watch them all on demand using the ESPN app.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

People finally gonna figure it out:

• Like Like x 11
  21. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Sounds like Voepel actually watched the game

• Like Like x 4
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I really loved watching Celeste Taylor play in a Texas uniform; and, she was a huge part in Vic's first squad at Texas making it to the Elite 8. But, I can understand her wanting to be a bit closer to her family in NYC so they could attend more games with less travel. Even though she signed with Aston, she was a perfect player for Vic's defensive philosophy as she always gave 110% effort (which you can't say about all players). Had she stayed at Texas, we could have been even more likely to have made the Final Four. Guessing she will enter the WNBA draft after 2 seasons at Duke.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Unfortunately Duke lost at home to North Carolina 45-41 and Celeste was 2-10. The loss cost Duke the conference championship which went to Notre Dame instead

24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

But, that's a loss that could help us climb up to the 3-line come tourney time. So, selfishly, I'm okay with UNC winning at Duke earlier today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I'm happy for her. When she first got to Duke, I watched one quarter of a game and Celeste was primarily used as a defensive player. When Duke got the ball back from a steal or rebound, they would go running down the court with their two key players while Celeste would be trailing behind. It was obvious that the coach didn't design plays for her offense.

Checking one year later, she leads the team in minutes and points. Obviously, she has WNBA dreams. I had a fantasy "thought" that she could always transfer back to Texas for her bonus COVID year. But yeah, that was just a fantasy.

ADDED: She also leads the team in steals. 58 with the next closest at 28.

• Like Like x 5
  26. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

I’ve recently had that transfer fantasy, too! :bow::hookem:

27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Celeste was my favorite player from the minute she stepped on the court in a Longhorn uniform. I thought she was the perfect fit for Vic. I blame Covid because remember, about the only time that team was together was practice and games. Vic never got the chance to really team build and for them to become family.
    And yes, of course I’ve fantasized she’d come back for her final year. Broke my heart to see her go

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I hated to lose Celeste too. BUT - when a player does transfer out, she was a model for how to do it with grace and class. Very unlike another recent transfer experience we all witnessed.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  29. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Wasn't sure where to post this. Just came across this tweet, and I'm assuming it's Kyndall's father?? Looks as though she's still at Texas.

30. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Does that look like the old practice facility? The new one is two stories with windows at the top, to let more light in. That darker court looks like the current (and soon to be demolished) Cooley.

If it is the old Cooley, then it opens up some obscure questions like:
    1. Why is she practicing away from the team?
    2. Does coach/UT just allow her dad to coach her separate from the team?
    3. Why was this video put out? To show everyone she's still committed to basketball?