2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Finally! Some idiots opened their eyes and noticed what's brewing late in the season for Vic (again).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Yes, that is the old practice facility. You would think Vic or the athletic dept. would have to authorize this. And she is still technically on the roster. Maybe when he said he didn't expect her back, he meant this year? Now I'm definitely confused.

4. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

Didn't want to start a new thread for this:

Has anyone tried to request post-season tix via the link in the Feb 25 email? Yesterday, it only gave me an option to purchase GA tix. In prior years, my seats have always been reserved. (it seemed to think I wasn't a season ticket holder and therefore only eligible for GA seats.)
    Today, it won't even let me sign in, saying that I am signed in on another browser, which I'm not.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, that was me buying my tickets on your credit card. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I requested reserved seats yesterday with no issues

7. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

Did you do it via link in email or by going directly to TexasSports?
    If I can't get it to work tomorrow, I'll try calling ticket office or email a rep in the Foundation ofc who's been helpful in the past with various ticket, parking & other issues.

8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I’m not sure I probably went directly to the site instead of thru email link

9. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I too couldn’t get the link to work and going to the site only gave me GA option. I’m a longtime season ticket holder but can’t remember if we can get reserved seats for the tourney opening rounds.

10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Oh no, I know I clicked on Reserve but just checked my email confirmation and it says GA
    Damnit

11. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

It’s definitely the old practice facility. It does have me wondering if she’s still with the team or not. I do know at times that facility is open. Very confused if she will be with the team next season. I think she transfers but I guess we’ll see.

12. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

I cleared my cookies on the TexasSports site & was able to sign into my account, click on the Post season tickets and get to the order reserved or other ticket page, order 4 tickets. But when I clicked on the add to cart button, the cart was empty. Saw Chris Plonsky after game and told her the email link was bad, and the website to order was too. She said she'd tell the ticket office. But I am not holding out any hope. Calling ticket office or tweeting to CDC may be next.

13. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

I'm a season ticket holder and I haven't gotten an email from UT about post-season tickets. I was able to log into my account at texassports.com and see the orders for the post season. The deadline isn't until March 13th. Here's some of the information from the order page (click to enlarge):
    upload_2023-2-27_21-38-55.png upload_2023-2-27_21-38-55.png

Your regular season tickets don't show up since you're not guaranteed the same seats, but there is a reserved seat option.

14. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Ultimately I got the link to work, found a Reserved option, got a confirmation of “zero dollars” but was told to enter a credit card that would be used when tickets were finalized. But I did not get an email confirmation and have no idea if it’s my regular seats or something different.

15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Bad News: For the first time in many years not ordering post season tickets.

Good News: Because we'll be on vacation in Maui

Bad News: With the way the Horns played against Baylor tonight....errrrr, will we be hosting in Moody, anything?

Good News: Hawaii doesn't follow daylight savings time. So by the time a game is being played we will be 6 hours behind Central time...and can watch the game in the daytime.

16. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Posting this here and not in the Baylor thread because....I. AM. SO. ANGRY.

17. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

That seems particularly odd since Schaefer specifically mentioned Sonya a couple of times earlier in the season trying to get people to come to the Senior Day game. Isn't Shaylee also a grad transfer? Does she have any eligibility left?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

This is really moronic and short-sighted by whomever came up with this "policy". It smacks of some elitist bullsh*t too. What does a degree have to do with it? I thought in this forum we were honoring their athletic achievement and contribution and hard work for the team/fans? There are plenty of other events set up to honor academic achievements. This is BS and they need to change it. Vic specifically mentioned doing it for Sonya, and said so while she was sitting right next to him. So apparently he wasn't aware of this ridiculous policy. So is this why she wasn't there tonight? If so, I wouldn't blame her. What a load of cr*p! We wouldn't be where we are this season without Sonya.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

After getting sooo many error messages this morning on TexasSports, I went directly to the source and called ticket sales, 512.471.3333. Explained issues we all were having. Spencer said that he had heard about it yesterday and they were trying to resolve on the back end. He was able to reserve 4 tickets for me, and I've received the email confirmation.
    Time for the rest of you to call the ticket office.

20. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

For whatever its worth, when I woke up this morning, we were still in first place. And we hold all tie-breakers against the land thieves. We will almost assuredly draw either IowaSt. or baiLer in the 2nd round of the Big12 Tournament - so there will be an opportunity for payback on at least one of these losses. Guess its time to move on to KState. They draw a pissed off oU bunch tomorrow night in Norman.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  22. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Grrrr. Why is it OU plays 4 days after their last game and we play 2? Grrrr!!!

Well K-State will face a pissed off Texas with 5 days of vigorous Vic practices.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

24. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

With the last home game, I've done an average of the last 3 years of Erwin Center and the 1st year of Moody. I didn't count 2020-2021 Covid year because the official NCAA stats show attendance was zero for all home games. And the attendance was limited anyway.

[​IMG]

Pretty good for women's games after Jody's peak years. What's strange was that Vic didn't seem to benefit in attendance at Erwin even after reaching the Elite 8 in the Covid year. I was wondering if it was people still wary about being around other people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Nice work Racer. That's a 45% increase in attendance this year in the Moody vs. Aston's best year shown above. Covid concerns did affect last years' numbers - no doubt about it. If Vic keeps putting together good teams, I expect we might be able to get into the top 10 in average attendance numbers on an annual basis. From what I read, we aren't far off now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

ESPN feels Rori is deserving of Big 12 POY and I couldn't agree more. No other player in the conference is depended on as heavily for her team's success on both ends of the court. The blonde ambition factor and animosity towards Texas for "ruining the conference" with our pending departure tells me A. Joens will get the award.

While we're at it Rori might just be deserving of the award she SHOULD have gotten last year Defensive POY. I can see, however, where that award also could go to T. Jackson at Kansas with her ability to protect the rim.

Who is the player of the year in every women's college basketball conference?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I know we’ve lamented here about needing a reliable defensive stopper and Celeste Taylor’s transfer. Celeste was just named ACC Defensive POY.

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  28. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Sigh. Her stats. The first two were are at Texas and the bottom two are Duke's
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  29. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Just watched the last Game Plan with Vic Schaefer. It hasn't been uploaded to YouTube yet. Taylor Jones was the guest player and I found out she has a fraternal twin who played basketball with her in HS but didn't play college ball.

Also when asked about Sonja's availability in the tournament Vic was non-committal and she was not traveling with the team to K-State. Wow. I wonder if he's just written her off.

30. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I didn't realize Taylor has a twin either till I saw her picture on instragram (I think). They look nothing alike and her sister is not near as tall as her.