2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

"Handshake" line should be fun.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 6
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Adding to the story: a former Vic player, Bre'Amber Scott, was the one who sent the initial tweet.

5. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Pretty much a reflection of the energy of that program and coach. I don’t think Gerlich should be lecturing anybody else about class or speaking to Vic about anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

They've seem to have become one of the most delusional fan bases over the last year. They remind me of your little brothers best friend who wants you to notice them and to make them feel important so bad. I just smh anytime one of them tries to suggest that they're a rival to Texas in anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  7. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

This is so spot-on. We already know what to expect from Sooners and Aggies. It just comes with the territory for a true rival. But the "dammit, I'm here - you must notice me and fear me" attitude of these Tech idiots, particularly since Beard came back home, is really unbelievable. Their social media posts are something else. Their vaunted men's basketball team finished 3rd in the conference. Really guys? What conference titles has Tech won in any sport recently? They were 60th in the last Director's Cup standings that I saw in April, scoring some points in only basketball and track & field. Give me an f'ing break!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

I am no fan of the sec sec sec, but having lived in Lubuttock 18 yrs, I ,for one, am VERY happy to get tceh off our coat-tails.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'd trade Tech to the sec for aggy to the Big XII all day, every day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

My interpretation of Rori's response is "Yeah, okay. Whatever..."

• Like Like x 2
  12. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I concur with brnkj. My kids tell me the character Rori posted is Phineas from the Phineas and Ferb cartoon series and that he is definitely saying "yeah, whatever" with that expression.

• Like Like x 4
  13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She’s not working the 50-lb weights like DeYona and Aaliyah but Taylor’s shoulder must be coming along well…

• Like Like x 4
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

You should have waited a day or so! :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

:point-up: - It’s not the single finger I wanted but it’s the only 1 available. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Losing Joanne, Audrey, and now Kobe affects our 3-point shooting the most, IMO. Even though Kobe didn't play a lot lost season due to injury, I had hopes that her perimeter shooting would help us against zone defenses.

At least Sonya Morris will bring 3-point shooting among the newcomers; not really sure anyone other than Codio has that skill, and we aren't sure how much Codio will be able to contribute as she rehabs her knee injury.

Hoping Vic has his eye on a transfer who can bring 3-point shooting to the squad. Gabby Connally can shoot the three . . . :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Jordana Codio does have a story posted on IG where she is doing weight training with no knee brace. One clip does show a wrap on a knee.

• Like Like x 1
  18. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Those scars on her right knee makes me cringe. Being young is a huge benefit to quick healing. I had a simple arthroscopic surgery on a meniscus tear and according to my wife, I was the worst patient with the longest recovery in history. Seeing those scars on her knee really scares me.

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

After the announcement of Khadija Faye signing with Texas, I started thinking about our potential starting lineups, and subs off the bench. I have to admit that Kobe was not among the top 10 players on our roster who came to mind often. Obviously, with a 14-player roster, not everyone can be on the 2-deep. But, when you are a junior in classification, and you aren't on the 2-deep (other than being behind 2 seniors), you will most likely find it difficult to get playing time.

Could be that Morris' decision to transfer to Texas affected Kobe most as far as playing time. Morris signed May 20; so, that was 2 weeks before the start of the summer semester. Unless Kobe was back home in Australia and wasn't planning on attending first summer session classes, waiting almost one month to enter the transfer portal seems a bit odd (delayed).

Someone mentioned that Kobe had switched jersey numbers from '4' to '0' (as listed in the official roster). That doesn't seem like the move of someone who might have been contemplating transferring out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

My "big" lineup:

Center - Khadija Faye
    Power Forward - Taylor Jones
    Small Forward - Ndjakalenga
    Shooting Guard - Sonya Morris
    Point Guard - Rori Harmon

My projected starting lineup for season opener (assuming everyone is healthy):

Center - Taylor Jones
    Power Forward - Aaliyah Moore
    Small Forward - Sonya Morris
    Shooting Guard - Aliyah Matharu
    Point Guard - Rori Harmon

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

I think I your projected starting lineup is probably what we will see on opening day. The big lineup works great too, I just can’t see any instance where Aaliyah Moore and Taylor Jones both are not starting.

man, we were good last season and looking at the depth chart and playing around with possible rotations is very exciting, this team is even better

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Spot on IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I like @Moooooo 's projected starting lineup. Using the project starting lineup as a base, how are my three deep projections? For SG and PG there was a lot of overlap between Kyndall, Aliyah and Sonya.

Center - Taylor Jones, Khadija Faye, Femme Masudi
    Power Forward - Aaliyah Moore, Deyona Gaston, Amina Muhammad
    Small Forward - Sonya Morris, Shay Holle, Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda, Jordana Codio
    Shooting Guard - Aliyah Matharu, Kyndall Hunter, Sonya Morris, Anissa Gutierrez
    Point Guard - Rori Harmon, Kyndall Hunter, Aliyah Matharu

If we can keep Matharu on the roster next season, the 2023/2024 roster will be deep/experienced* with the additions of Maul, Wagner and Boutlier. (*There will likely be attrition due to transfers but that can't be predicted.)

• Like Like x 4
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I hear ya. Jones is listed as a Forward on the official roster. Guess it all depends on how she and the staff plan to user her on the court, and how she projects herself position-wise in the pro ranks.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, the 2023 women's Final Four will be at the American Airlines Arena in Dallas. Last time held there, Vic's Miss. State team upset UConn in the semi-finals. While South Carolina is the favorite for this coming season's title, if we can get to Dallas, we'd have a huge home court advantage. Let's do it!

For those who don't know, only 2 Regional host sites instead of the long-standing 4 Regional sites next March. While being sent to the Regional in Greenville, SC doesn't necessarily mean having to beat South Carolina to advance to Dallas (well, it does for one team, but not in the other quarterfinal), getting sent to the Seattle Regional would be a better, more neutral route, IMO.

2023 March Madness: Women's NCAA tournament schedule, dates, times - MobSports

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  27. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

So women's tournament will be only TWO Regional sites whereas men's tournament sticks to the traditional 4 Regional sites? Okay, what was the NCAA reasoning behind this? Every year, you think they can't once again screw up the tournament for women to make it apparent that they don't view the two sexes as equal, they do!

28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Guessing it's about attendance and ticket sales.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I don’t mind it as I am generally confident that we can avoid Stanford and UsC teams, just not sure how I feel about those two teams getting such a home court bump. We all used to grip about the Uconn regional and it seems like they’ve just traded one favorite for another.

• Agree Agree x 4
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2