2022 Fall season

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by Jacob Johnson, May 25, 2022.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

After the disaster of our football game it was nice seeing an ou beat down..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

And our soccer team shut out Tech today 2-0!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Texas received all 64 1st place votes in this week’s NCAA poll. We are one of only 4 teams still unbeaten with Auburn, (24)UCF, & (RV)Towson.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. HornsUp4Life

HornsUp4Life 25+ Posts

100!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Mark you calendars. The next Texas Volleyball match is Sunday at 2pm at Tech and it's being broadcast on ESPN. Louisville and UK set the all time regular season record for viewers for a Wednesday night match a few weeks back. Tell all your friends and family to watch.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I beleive TT will play their best volleyball of the season Sunday. We gotta be ready

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

They might. I don't think it will matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sangre Naranjada

In defense of my arrogance:
    Hitting %
    Texas .317 (#1 Nationally)
    Tech .260 (#37 Nationally)

Assists/set
    Texas 13.49 (#3 nationally)
    Tech 12.4 (not top 50)

Kills/set
    Texas 14.2 (#9 nationally)
    Tech 13.6 (#39 nationally)

Tech has wins over Notre Dame and Georgia plus a bunch of scrubs. Lost to Rice (no shame there, Rice is top 25 material) and to Tulsa.

Yet Notre Dame is 5-8 overall and winless in conference, so count them among the scrubs. Georgia is 11-3, but have been curb-stomped by GTech, who is a very good team, and have also accumulated wins against the likes of Chattanooga, Charlotte, and College of Charleston. Not exactly murderers row.

All in all, we have a better team with a better record against much better competition. If we aren't sleepwalking, we win handily.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I guess I never paid attention.
    Are the volleyball lines there during tceh basketball games?

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sangre
    It ain't arrogant if you are right.
    Nice win Horns :bevo:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Ths espn announcers were horrible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sangre Naranjada

The only thing worse then the ESPN announcers (who were announcing from home - WTF???? are you idiots still covid challenged?) was the cutaways to watch that Yankme baseball player strike out again.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Looked and sounded like a lot of Longhorn fans in attendance at Lubbock. Had to be pretty irksome especially how loud the “We Are Texas” cheers were when the Horns were on offense. Bitter pill indeed lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Made a very happy Sunday afternoon. I think the Raider fans realized the inevitable.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Except for the 5 tceh fans shown dancing wuth Horns down midway through 3rd set with Texas up 2/0 and leading in 3rd set.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

I'm not sure how many people caught this but when they flashed the first "Top 10 seeds" put out by the experts, they showed the Longhorn's record at 10-1. I spent so much time focused on trying to figure out who was 10-1 I missed the point of what was said. And totally agree about judge, if I cared about that stuff, I'd watch the baseball game. It's even worse that we have to listen to that crap. They should have kept the audio on the volleyball match.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Sangre Naranjada

I saw that, and wrote it off to more ESPN incompetence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  19. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Texas sweeps TCU for the seventh consecutive time led by Maddie Skinner.

Meanwhile in Waco, Oklahoma has taken Baylor to a 5th set

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Nice start.

22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Any idea what's up with Parra? Dressed in her warmup top but hasn't budged from the bench by the coaches.

23. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Very nice game

24. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  25. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Get well soon Mel :headbang:

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

One of the best all around games I've seen this year. Great way to go into Baylor weekend.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

#18Baylor swept #22Rice last night. Going into this season I didn’t expect much from BU but they have surprised me; mostly by how good their freshman setter is. She will be B12 Freshman of the Year.

Will be a good match to watch, would be fun to embarrass them on their home court in what is sure to be a rockin’ Ferrell Center.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I’m looking forward to seeing this Texas-Baylor game. Avery Carlson is the freshman setter from Lovejoy. She was a top five national recruit. She gave private lessons to my granddaughter this summer. Carlson is very shy and quiet. But a really good volleyball player. Tremendous hands and volleyball IQ.

• Like Like x 1
  29. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

On the broadcast last night they talked about the fact that Coach Elliott had recently been in Dallas meeting with American Airlines Center officials in anticipation of scheduling a match there. Jerritt wants to surpass the current NCAA attendance record. Fantastic idea!

I hope it happens (being a resident of Dallas I’m extra excited about it) and let the speculation begin on who the opponent will be lol. I doubt it would be a conference game but a matchup with Baylor certainly wouldn’t be a hard sell. Nebraska? Stanford? Another Big10 school?

Too bad it’s not this years team which is damn close to a “Dream Team” or about as close as you can get in college imo

• Like Like x 1
  30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If he simply wants the attendance record, that is a tough call. National appeal or local alums. Both OU & Arkansas have their largest alumni chapters in Dallas. OsU's second largest. Do any of those three schools know that there are ladies' sports?

Would a Stanford sell that many seats? How about a rematch of last year's finals? Kentucky travels for men's basketball and not much else.

I would opt for regional opponent plus a major discount or free tickets to HS players in the Metroplex - whole teams bused in from Duncanville, Allen, et al.

Just my thoughts, which with your friend's five dollar bill will get you a cup of coffee or coke, but not a Jerry world or the Hanger.

• Like Like x 1