2022 Governor races

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Duck Dodgers, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Who knew we had a "Social Media Influencer" in our midst?

Don't look for a check from Dion.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HHD,

Beto will always be irrelevant but still "around" until his father-in-law finds a job for him outside the family business. Maybe one of those, "I'll hire your son-in-law if you'll hire mine". That way you don't have to put up with his incompetence and either whip him into shape or fire him. Neither does his father-in-law have to listen to his baby girl.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I for one hope Francis keeps coming back for a kick in the teeth every couple of years.

6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Sabre, maybe his wife will divorce him since he's such a loser and then the FIL won't feel obligated to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Here is a candidate that would protect Texas children from vaccine mandates.

I am not 100% on board with his immigration stance, but he does want to solve many of the problems going on at the border.

Issues

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

No sensible right-leaning person is voting Libertarian this election. Abbott has his faults, but he meets the minimum standards for voting Republican in a general election, which aren't very high.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not sure why Beta's wife doesn't divorce him. She could do much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

His meets the most minimum of standards. That is what we will get if we keep voting for it. Or conservatives could actually vote for freedom and protection from the Federal leviathon.

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona
    I understand what you are saying, Biden and Demx are strangling us.
    What more can the Governor of Texas do?

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Be DeSantis

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I have not studied it but I do know the Governor of Texas does not have the power other Governors do.
    Do you have examples of things you like that DeSantis has done. I do like DeSantis

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

First governor of a large state to open up. Publicly against CRT, radical sexual theory in schools, and covid vaccine mandates of any kind. He surrounds himself with very smart people who understand the issues. They do their own study of subjects and enact laws. Texas has drag queen shows all over the state and Abbott doesn't say anything about it. The conservative agenda priorities don't get prioritized during legislature sessions. If Abbott doesn't have the power to do anything about it, he should at least make public statement about and to the people who do have the power. He seems to only do conservative things if there is pressure because of what other governors are doing.

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Abbott shut down March 19 2020 and began to open April 16 2020.
    DeSantis shut down April 1 2020 and opened May3 2020.
    Florida is home to drag queen shows including in churches. Good for DeSantis. Abbott should speak out.
    Both states legislatures will take up bills against it. Both Guvs will sign.
    Which Guv was first to send illegals out to Demx cities?
    DeSantis is great! Hope he runs for POTUS
    Abbott isn't perfect but he is better than Robert Francis

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Keep in mind that I've long despised Greg Abbott for being the biggest hypocrite in politics. However, we're not comparing him to freedom and protection from the federal leviathan. We're comparing him to Beta.

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I hate to be a contrarian, but the American Statesman says Beto is best and I should vote for him. Just because I have never thought the Spaceman got anything close to correct does not mean I shouldn't change my vote. Hell, I might buy a subscription just to see how many full page ads that Jones Lang purchases the next few weeks.

:soapbox::soapbox:

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  19. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

If the shows don't happen on state or school property there's nothing he can do. That crap goes on in every state

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Not sure where you got these dates but Texas wasn't "open" in April or May. He started but DeSantis finished it.

Haven't seen any news about this. I have seen multiple reports about Texas and I am looking across the country.

Again. Are you making this up?

Florida isn't getting illegals through their border like Texas. This is an apples to oranges comparison.

I agree. I said as much already.

21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

There is no we here. I am comparing Abbott to a higher standard than the sewer.

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

So the state can outlaw cigarettes and alcohol for minors but not sexually explicit shows? Not buying it. I'm not talking about seedy bars where all the adult degenerates go. I am talking about sexualizing children in public. It happened during ACL fest for 2 weekends. Abbott didn't say anything. No elected official said anything. We don't have obscenity laws in Texas?! You guys need to break out of your Republican "we exist to lose" mentality.

23. Horn2RunAgain

Kids smoke cigarettes all the time

Kids can / do drink beer with their parents present

3 Texas Alcohol Laws You Should Know Before Becoming TABC Certified

24. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

But is it illegal or not?

Interesting. I didn't know that. But it I don't think giving enough alcohol to get 5-12 years olds drunk in a bar would considered legal either. We are talking about drag shows in public with very young children putting money in their underwear. And I don't care if the parents brought them. Outlaw that ****!

25. Horn2RunAgain

How democrat of you:smile1:, "they ought to outlaw that ****"

Funny, but I said the exact same to my wife Thursday. I just knew there had to be a law against that sick crap. There's not. Something tells me tho the parents exposing their kids to that stuff wind up in SOME kind of trouble along the line. Most of the kids, per my teacher wife, know they have weird parents and try their best not to be like them

26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Democrats outlaw what is good and right in the world. They legislate against natural law. For me if there are to be laws at all they need to conform to natural law. Drunk 10 years and 8 year old seeing drag degenerates violates natural law. So I won't argue against human laws against those things.

The fact that there aren't laws against evil which harms children is part of the reason why I am critical of the R party.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But when you vote, you're going to be comparing him to Beta.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There isn't much the state can do to shut them down altogether, but it could bar minors from them. However, the Legislature would have to do that, and it would be taken to court by the ****** up parents who want to take them. (I think they'd lose.)

29. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

My cat would be a better Governor than Beto. But Greg has done a good job so far - and he is much, much, much better than Beto. On a scale of 1 to 10, Beto is about a -5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Several states including Texas Florida Az and Idaho are introducing bills to ban children's drag queen shows.
    The GOP in Congress is proposing to ban federal funds (our taxes) from being used to fund drag queen shows for kids.

• Like Like x 4