2022 House and Senate election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Best pollster in business has GOP up in NH and NV senate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wayyyyyyy to early in American political theatre.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

The NV Senate race has the Republican ahead as well. NV has been trending towards the leftists, due to the high number of Hispanics in Las Vegas. But with them souring on the Democrat party, a good showing in that state by the GOP is highly likely.

22 looks like another 2014 bloodbath for the Democrats - not that it will greatly matter. They will still control the Executive branch and all the agencies, and fully control those with 96% of the people working there voting for Biden. While Trump had the support of about half - half of the people he appointed that is, with all the others hating him and doing everything possible to ignore the lawful orders of the President.

Even with full GOP control of the House and Senate, you'll still get a Democrat budget - look at the period from 2011 to 2019, when every "budget", really a 2000 page CR pulled from under the table and given 3 minutes to read before being voted on, was passed with Democrat support. Lots of failure theater as we've grown accustomed to by the Republican party.

If the Democrats are in power, you get Democrat polices. If the Republican's are in power, well you still get Democrat polices, just fewer of them. It's like taking a bus instead of a plane to Tijuana. Either way you end up in a bad place, it just takes longer to get there.

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Just had the thought that the Republican strength kinda mirrors our defense this year.

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Nevada will come down to whether Spicy is still requiring masks.

6. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

And this is one area that I've got little patience with the GOP. For many years the GOP was willing to cave gradually on most cultural issues and really saved most of their ammo for taxing negotiations. This was a terrible strategy. The more ground you cede to liberals on cultural issues, the more they have the power to indoctrinate the next generation. And then you eventually have more liberal voters, which leads not only to bad policy but also eventually electoral losses...and then you've lost the battle and the war.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BrntOrngStmpeDe

to me this article depicts the GOP opportunity well.
    The Republican Party's Multiethnic, Working-Class Coalition Is Taking Shape | Opinion (msn.com)

we must be for middle-America. The worker. Not corporate profits, not GDP but middle- America. Hi GDP is good, but not at the expense of middle-America. Capitalism should certainly be the engine, but guided by common sense that helps middle-America more than it helps CEO's, corporations and the top 2%. Income inequality is a good thing and we don't want to tie corporations hands in making business decisions, but policies should promote keeping companies here, hiring from here, rather than H1B's, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't read a lot into his particular retirement. He's in a solid blue district, and I think he's pretty old. I wouldn't be surprised if he would have retired either way.

As for the other 19, that's another matter. They know what's coming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

These tweets always say “likely” when the reality is 99.999%.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. BrntOrngStmpeDe

This could be an opportunity for a lasting change if we play this right. The GOP needs to go out of its way to find conservative women this year to run. the abortion debate will play an outsized role in 2022 and having conservative women step out in favor of rolling back RvW could really undermine the liberals routine and predictable "old white men making decisions about women's bodies" argument.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not holding my breath on picking up that seat. LOL. He's slimy as hell and a bit of a self-serving placeholder - probably was going to face a primary opponent from a Cori Bush/BLM-type

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hahahaha, had to laugh because I consider that quite typical.

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. True, but Bobby Rush is especially slimy. He's even slimy by politician standards.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Nevada is a state that Democrats have held largely because of a growing Hispanic population. However, because they've decided that they'd rather be able to say "Latinx" and that dudes can be chicks than to have Hispanics voting for them, Nevada will probably become more competitive. I've never seen a party give away voters for dumber reasons.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. BrntOrngStmpeDe

This tit for tat has got to stop. Biden has done many things that should get him voted out of office but trying to impeach him would be an asinine move.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Biden should be impeached and removed for his vaccine mandates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Biden should be removed by his own party for his advancing dementia.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Impeachment would be both unnecessary and inadequate. It's unnecessary, because taking him to court would be a lot easier both politically and logistically. It would be inadequate, because it wouldn't strike down the mandate. It would substitute Willie Brown's ex-mistress who may or may not rescind the mandate. I'd rather just get rid of the mandate by court order.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

How else to force the administration to protect the border?

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  26. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

And turn the White House over to Kamala? Unpossible!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

If she does what I expect her to, she can then be removed too.

But I will be satisfied with taking D's control of the Congress away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Remember that the remedy you get with impeachment isn't border enforcement. It's Willie Brown's ex-mistress becoming president. Would she enforce the border more than Biden? I doubt it.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Is 25 the record?