2022 House and Senate election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He's crazy if he doesn't switch parties after the election.

3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

He should do it before November.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't think McConnell wants him to. I think he likes seeing the Democrats set themselves on fire while in the majority. It wouldn't make a big difference for them at this point anyway. They'd have a 51-49 majority with regular defectors. That won't get anything done.

After the election? That's another matter. He'll want as big of a majority as he can get. I'm sure he'll invite Manchin. He may invite Sinema, but I doubt she'd switch. She isn't a conservative. She's a liberal who isn't insane.

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The democrats and their mercenaries are only left with pointing out the crazy on the right, creating fear about Trump and trying to exploit January 6th as something it wasn't. Also, NOT talking about Hunter's laptop, the fentanyl crisis, the border crisis, inflation, or high crime/murder rates.

In the end, James Carville was right. "It's the economy stupid."

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The more I see of Cawthorn it makes me think the minimum age to be in the House should be raised to 30 like in the senate. The guy seems unable to quit acting like a frat boy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's a whole new issue, but I don't understand the tendency of our society to lower the minimum ages for doing things - holding office, voting, buying booze, buying cigarettes, etc. Are young people generally more mature than they used to be or less? When given the opportunity, do they more often make smart choices or less often? The answers are pretty clear. We should, if anything, be raising the age for people to do all of these things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The older I get, the more I agree with this. Also, the more I want those damned kids off my lawn!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  11. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I think the GOP may have just figured out a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. All these trigger laws and this new SCOTUS ruling virtually ensure a flood of money to Dem's and 5 months of heightened emotion/motivation leading to the midterms.

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I don’t think it changes a vote.

13. BrntOrngStmpeDe

it may not change your/their existing sentiment about who you would vote for but i do think it dramatically changes their motivation to get to the polls and their campaign cash.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It would be stupid since if Roe is reversed, then the decisions about abortion move to the state level. I think this is why the dems are mad. It takes away a national issue for them.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

HEY CNN
    Those Are Biden's solutions to our gas problems
    Now if she had said let Keystone XL be built , open up more federal land to drilling And do away with the many onerous regs and fees Biden instituted that make it harder to drill
    That would be a departure

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Apparently it can get worse for Cawthorn. Link. They should have made up a pee tape about him. I'd be surprised if there isn't one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. BrntOrngStmpeDe

I'm really surprised that McConnell weighed in with a possible federal law banning abortion. I usually give him more credit for being a savvy (if calculating) politician. I think this abortion issue just took the GOP pick-ups from a possible 30+ down to a hi-teens. There are enough tight races that this issue will likely make the difference. who knows, maybe the calculation is that we have short attention spans and this will burn itself out before Nov, but the history of this topic doesn't seem to support that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Very stupid move, and a full federal ban would almost surely get struck down.

21. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

A lot of these cop groups are public employee unions or quasi-unions. They tend to like Democrats so long as they aren't openly anti-cop. If Cortez-Mastro wasn't a vocal Defund the Police kook, I'm not surprised that they may have originally backed her.

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Just as with other unions you usually have to separate the members from the office.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Cawthorn is gone, conceding in a race where neither he nor the winner even hit 35%. Meanwhile, PA is still too close to call...less than 2K votes separating at last count, and again, neither of the top two have even hit 35%, showing what the impact of a disjointed race can be...Barnette is only around 25% but much of her vote tally likely would have gone to Oz.

Given the dalliances of Cawthorn which have come to light, I chuckled when one talking head discussed his having gotten a nod from Trump, but that it was not exactly a "full throated" endorsement. Someone had fun writing that script...

26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The right burned cawthorn. He went all Icarus on them.

27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Seems he went all Elton John/Liberace.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  28. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

You're welcome. Now can your kind do the same to remove wackos like AOC and Omar?

- The Right

• Like Like x 1
  29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

30. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2