2022 House and Senate election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That leaves Pelosi :smh::facepalm::brickwall:

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Kamala Harris was once Willie Brown's free holey.

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Was she free? He had to deliver government jobs and connections to her. There was a price to pay. It just came from the California taxpayers instead of from Willie Brown.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I concede this point.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So we just threw away a governorship. Link.

8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Elaborate. I don’t follow NJ politics.

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's Maryland. Link

10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Oh sorry. I’m not sure how “we” threw away a governorship, but I do think Trump is the only person who can destroy a clear path in November and 2024.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

"We" means the party and its voters who decide primary elections. I don't blame you personally.

12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I'm not sure we can say Maryland was really even in play...Dems had far more votes cast than the Reps did, and they have far more votes still outstanding. When your 61% outpaces the R 79% by more than 100K votes, that sort of confirms for you it is the Commifornia of the East.

On the bright side, it DOES appear that Marilyn Mosby got her just desserts, although she refuses to concede.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah the number of Dem votes vs GOP is dramatic there.

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There were far more Democratic votes cast in '18 and '14 as well. It's a solid Democratic state. However, there are enough independents and moderate Democrats that are willing to at least listen to a Republican (which is not the case in Commiefornia). That's why Hogan won despite getting heavily out-voted by Democratic primary voters.

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

D
    if as you point out Md is a solid Demx state and the Demx heavily out voted the GOP how did we throw away a guv'ship we never had a chance to win anyway?

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Because the same thing happened in '14 and '18, and we still won. Primary vote totals don't decide the general election.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ok that makes sense

• Like Like x 1
  18. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

There are many states that don’t matter. Maryland is pretty high on that list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

20. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Dems pay bloggers to post?

In this case they paid someone who used the N word in the past, made rude comments about Flores anatomy per the article. And isn't the least bit apologetic

Pretty clear which party promotes this sort of conduct

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not sure what negative thing one could say about her anatomy. She looks pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Like I said, many are still delusional. It will set in sometime in September.

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I heard the same things in 2010, '12, and '16. Lots of disappointments.

24. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't think getting Republicans elected for their own sake is a good thing. Electing a Progressive who happens to have an R attached to their name just makes people not want to vote Republican any more. If you want Rs to be like Ds, we might as well not have an R party anymore.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Virtually no Republican now is a progressive. Basically Lincoln Chaffee was the last progressive Republican (and even he was better than Sheldon Whitehouse). For example, Susan Collins is probably the most liberal Republican in the Senate - probably votes with us between 30 and 40 percent of the time. However, she voted to confirm Brett Kavanaugh and votes for Republicans to control the Senate. I'd rather she voted with us more often than she does, but those things alone make her better than whatever left wing hack we'd otherwise get from Maine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You know what I'd say Deez...

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

LOL. So a Hispanic D paid a white guy to write an article on a Hispanic R, and this sexist, racist piece is what popped out. Perfect!

That's right. No such thing as a free lunch.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

She might be better than the alternative, but that is basically Progressive.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You can call it what you want. I'll take "less-of-a-progressive" over a hardcore progressive.

• Agree Agree x 1