2022 House and Senate election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Agree Mr D
    Or we could wait til Houston freezes over for a "true" conservative.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Much better than having a bunch of Democrats elected. Just look at the current House.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If your picture is on a product sold in stores (especially if it's a pillow box), you're not a good candidate.

reduced_IMG_20220722_120849319.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I don’t understand the dig against pillow boxes. I am sure you have used a pillow your whole life. SMH.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There's nothing inherently wrong with it, but it's a negative impression. Being a pitch man looks gimmicky and phony when transitioned to politics. There's a reason why the spray-can hair guy knew not to run for office.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Because politicians are NEVER gimmicky or phony. :rolleyes1:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Then no excuse to specifically target pillow boxes. Of all people, you should be attuned with product defamation law.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Fetterman is trolling Dr. Oz and it's funny stuff.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I guess you're right.

[​IMG]

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Dude got punched and pushed whoever punched him. I'm unsure how that's "punching a woman". He is charged with misdemeanor assault. I bet he's innocent.

smash cut: Assault charges were dismissed. Assault charge dismissed in GV GOP gathering case "Jackson was then surrounded and appeared to be struck twice by a woman in the crowd before appearing to push her away, according to the video."

I'm unsure how he's a convicted child molester. 4th degree sexual assault. He does appear to have some sketchy sex offender background of some sort.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Oh, they are, but if you're a pitch man, it just makes it more obvious. Remember, perceptions are what make someone a bad candidate.

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It has nothing to do with "my vote." I'd vote for Oz. I'm not like other voters. Also, two other points. People are more cynical now than in 1980. Second, he was a pitch man 20-30 years before running. Oz is a pitch man now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

fair enough
    So Oz brought out new commercials since he announced? or are these made before

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't know when he pitched those pillows, but it's obviously fairly recently.

17. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

Unfortunately Oz has a "sham wow" feel to him and Walker has the "uh, coach which foot does this one go on.?" feel. Neither should have been the GOP candidate for a tight race with control of the senate on the line.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What fool endorsed them?

• Like Like x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Obviously we know who you're talking about. However, I put more blame on the Georgia and Pennsylvania GOPs. They never recruited serious candidates for either seat, and it should have been easy to do so. Those seats are golden opportunities. Others did run, but I don't think any of them would be doing dramatically better. Some were marginally better, but none were very good.

21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They had to have the Tic-Tac kiss of approval.

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

At least in Georgia, Brian Kemp proved that not to be true. Instead of running against him as Trump's hand puppet, David Perdue should have run for Senate again. He wasn't a great candidate, but he probably would beat Warnock. Jack Kingston wouldn't have been too bad either.

23. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Maybe a Libertarian could slip in and do something in GA or PA.

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep, a Libertarian could come in and make those races even harder to win. I'd rather see a Green candidate step in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Or win it out right and make the world a better place. No sense in going back to a putrid well for water.

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Win it and join the rest of the long and distinguished list of Libertarian senators who have run and won outright.

27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. You're right. Things never happen for the first time or change.

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

In a swing state, it would take a freak thing like both major party candidates dying it was too late to change the ballots for the Libertarian to have a chance.

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5