2022 House and Senate election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Well, with ranked-choice voting I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that race. Like you said it doesn't really matter anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't read much into it. There was another Republican on the ballot splitting the vote. So long as things are straightened out by November, there's no reason to be concerned.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If we see a bigger lead in the next 2 weeks, dare I say Herschel is running away with it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Considering the opponent, I prefer we go with 'it was God's will' ;)

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I need to see something sustained before I start getting excited about Walker. I do think it's a bit ironic that Warnock has decided to go after him on domestic abuse when he has been accused of slapping his woman around too.

May the worse man lose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Agreed - Herschel needs to hold on defense to set up his offense for a sustained drive that pins his opponent back to his side of the field which is then finished with an end-around attack that leaves his opponent under Herschel’s feet as he crosses the goal line.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Could we actually win in Washington?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If she can make it close, I'll be impressed. She's cute, and she has a great personal story especially with respect to her husband who was blinded in both eyes while serving in Iraq. Obviously, Patty Murray is your typical self-righteous partisan Democrat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Take the football puns to On The Field, pal. I'ma smack you!

:coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Damn. She deserves to win just on THAT commentary

12. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Just look at how the media shows Bush and Cheney, the Hitler and Himmler of the early 2000's they told everyone, as wise, calm leaders now.

It's the same game they've been playing since Nixon, who wasn't so bad when Reagan was running for the office. The worst aspect though is when nutless, spineless Republicans then bask in the glory of no longer being hated by the media, and actively seek out their love - see McCain and Mittens.

• Hot Hot x 1
  13. Duck Dodgers

60% of the voters chose a Republican - Ranked Choice Voting, along with a political transvestite GOP'er who endorsed the Democrat instead of Palin, delivered that seat to the donkey party.

It's the standard plan for such things - institution Ranked Choice Voting, have only 1 Democrat running (under pain of being finished both politically and personally if you dare run against who the D party has chosen), but flood the zone with 3-4 Republicans, several of which are switchers from being in the Democrat party last year.

Keep the main GOP'er under 50%, which is quite easy when there are 4-5 candidates running, then drag your Democrat candidate who only got 40% of the vote across the finish line via 2nd place votes.

Alaska put this god awful voting method in place entirely to ensure the GOP's worst Senator, Lisa Mukawski, wouldn't get thrown out of office, as after her terrible Supreme Court votes, there's no way she wins a competitive primary. So all the Democrats will vote for their own candidate for 1st, but the abortion lover Mukawski second, and she'll win the race in November.

As for the House seat - it'll be the same situation for the general election as for the special election - one Democrat, bunch of Republicans (I think there'll be one more GOPer in that race, to further dilute the Republican vote), and the Democrat will probably win via second place votes, plus 3 months of the media telling everyone how wonderful and history and inspiring and brave and uplifting the elected Democrat is.

14. Duck Dodgers

Nope, vote by mail fraud from King County (Seattle) will drag any Democrat over the finish line, regardless of if they really won it or not.

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I see what happened. Begich represented the moderate Republican faction, and several of his voters made the Democrat their second choice instead of Palin.

Not too big of a shock. Alaska has been a Republican state for a long time, but if you look at who they've actually elected at the federal level, it has been almost all moderate Republicans for decades - Don Young, Ted Stevens, the Murkowskis (Lisa and before that her dad, Frank). Solid on energy policy but that's about it - and of course, big advocates of pork barrel spending.

16. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Nice answer. I like her controlled but strong demeanor. Plus she's easy on the eyes. Got a bit of a hot librarian thing going for her. Possible running mate for Desantis?

• Like Like x 3
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She answered very well, and yes, the hot librarian look has its merits. However, I don't want someone who has made election denial her big issue on the ticket. The media is already going to try to make Trump, the '20 election, and "threats to democracy" the big issues in '24, because that puts Democrats in a much easier position. I'd rather have someone who will swat that crap away and focus attention back on real issues like inflation, crime, and real threats to freedom. Desantis knows to do that. Lake doesn't and frankly can't after she built her political career on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

DeSantis is running some great ads . He is pretty fearless and fearsome to Demx.

• Like Like x 2
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  23. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I'm from Missouri on all that. It would be good to see though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

FIRST we have to make sure we have fair elections.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Don't think it is necessary. Let the freakshow Demx keep on freakshow Demxing. That's the surest way to carry momentum from 2022 into 2024.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Walker up by 3 in latest poll. Dare I say he is running away with it?

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Puntastic.

As long as Jerruh doesn't trade him to Minnesota again.

28. Duck Dodgers

I think it's necessary. The "must be better that that" doesn't work. Gotta fight fire with fire.
    Impeach Biden.
    Impeach Garland.
    Investigate the Democrat secret police outfit, known as the FBI.
    Investigate Fauci and his gain of function / offshorng to China on how to make virus more deadly.
    Subpoena the tax records from both the FBI and Fauci and his crew - the precedent has been set with Trump and the House Democrats - if Congress is thinking about something, anything, related to new laws, then they can obtain the private tax records of government employees to check for any signs of corruption. Then leak it to conservative media.
    Suddenly the media will be all about "individual privacy!", not "saving our Democracy" - a saying that is a tip off the person is 100% a c**t.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. Duck Dodgers

Walker is being helped by the Kemp / Abrams (sitting governor in her own mind - ahh only 4 years ago saying you were cheated in an election wasn't considered a capitol offense). She's such a terrible, washed up, has been candidate she's brining the communist preacher Warnock down as well.

He's a terrible candidate - and if his opponent in the 2020 race wasn't a trophy wife who's husband bought her a Senate seat (her husband was a big $$$ donor to the GOP), he'd have lost in 20 as well. Some husbands buy their wives a new car, some buy them a Senate seat - at least for the 1 year or so till she was bouced out.

Between her, and the loser McSally in AZ, who lost a very winnable race in 18, but was so loved by the AZ GOP that she was appointed to the open seat when McCain **** the bed for the last time. Which she also lost. Has to be a record - losing both Senate seats from a state in a 2 year period.

As such, I don't want to hear a peep from GOP INC. about candidate quality this year, not with those two stinkers, plus a fossilized Perdue in GA losing the 3 competitive seats in 2020 (CO wasn't really competitive anymore so no shame on the GOP guy from there who lost, and was balanced out by the AL win).

This year, the GOP should pick up:

GA
    NV - first term bad candidate from the Democrats vs.. a good candidate in Adam Laxalt. Good chance to win the Governor race there too.

Hold in NC and OH - no real problems there, regardless of dooming over JD Vance, who'll win by 10. Johnson will win again in WI - he's supposedly behind - same way he was in 10 and 16.

Possible wins in AZ and PA. I can see AZ splitting the gov/senate races as in 18. Incumbent and worthless Senator in Kelly who can drag his brain dead wife around as a prop and gain sympathy, while the Gov race is open, and the Democrats nominated a terrible candidate in Hobbs - a hard core leftist.

Oz isn't a good candidate in PA (he's the only one I cringed about winning the primary), but his opponent in Fetterman is a worthless trust fund leach, who pointed a shotgun at an innocent jogger, and is now brain dead after a stroke.

Usually you call such a carrot, but with his man boobs and generally Shriek looking body, he's more like an eggplant. A Zombie Eggplant!

He'd be finished if he was a Republican but maybe the media will drag this person incapable of speaking in public across the finish line.

Two pickups, call PA a loss from the media saying "How dare you!!!" for pointing out their candidate drools on himself, plus Philly 3 am 101% ballots to him. So 51-49 GOP, which means about squat - McConnel, who's been terrible this session and allowed himself to look like the head coach of the Washington Generals, will be majority leader.

But with no GOP judges to confirm he's worthless and will just allow slightly fewer Democrat polices to get passed than if the Democrats were in charge. Look for GOP Inc. to enable a gay marriage bill plus an illegal alien amnesty to be pushed through this month, to really give the base zero reason to show up.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol It's a bit early to say that, but I think Duck is right that the Kemp/Abrams race is likely helping him. (And to his credit, I don't think he's screwing up as badly as he was before.)

I think Abrams has a bit of the Hillary Clinton phenomenon going on. She's actually a mediocre candidate with pretty narrow appeal, but the media adores her because she makes them feel righteous about themselves, so they idolize her and claim that she's exceptional. Their idolization makes her overconfident, so she runs for offices that she can't win.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1