2022 House and Senate election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Make it 30 dems retiring.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Note primary season starts March 1. Even if the primary election is not in your state in the next few months, all of the House reps will be looking at key districts in these early states to see how the voters are reacting. Nothing will get done for rest of year.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s almost like you could coin a phrase for what is going on : shîtshow joe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And I see bubba is remaining quiet on that Demonrat candidate...peculiar, that!

She strikes me as having a thing for vintage-last-week boxes of white.

And what is up with the comments about the Hispanic kid? I thought Dems didn't believe in such things. Oh wait...if not for the double standards, they wouldn't have ANY standards.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But she is hot, so she's got that going for her.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Why are Dems/libs so full of hate?
    We even see it in here.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Mentally unwell people.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

There is an emotional hang-up that is very obvious. We have normalized any and every reaction. What once was OCD is now considered normal.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Yes, I'm concerned about that too. To me that's the real objection to CRT. The teachers will abuse it. They pretend otherwise but I think that's BS. The judgment on what should be taught beyond straight historical facts will be abused without a doubt in my mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Thank goodness students are willing to speak up with the crap being taught in classrooms

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I know who Garmel and Sangre are voting for, and we know who Switzer wishes he could vote for.

Like I said earlier, I don't think the ad is dumb at all. If you're a big name candidate and do something like this, obviously it's dumb because you have something to lose. If Kay Bailey Hutchison had shown off her boobs, it would have ruined her brand and her career.

But if you're a no-name candidate, you have no brand or career to ruin. Most of us had no idea who this chick was ten minutes ago and never would have cared to look. She was just a name on a ballot. We all know now. Furthermore, some of us looked into her story and found out that she actually is qualified - more so than her main opponent. That's a net positive.

And she's right to say she's has other assets. Money (through advertising) is what usually gets candidates discovered by voters. Boobs are playing that role for her.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If she wins, the “open” records requests will be an all-time high.

17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I disagree. ****-can her. I'm tired of the one way accountability.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about my favorite politician for railroad commission and I was about to ****-can you. Crisis averted.

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Like Like x 4
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Never underestimate the horndog vote.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is it really the horndog vote? I voted for Wayne before seeing the ad. Did her ad pique my curiosity? Yes, but that curiosity also showed me that she's qualified to be RR Commissioner, so I'm seriously considering voting for her in the runoff. Does that make me a horndog, or have I discovered a more qualified choice?

• Like Like x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Wayne Christian is sort of a joke in terms of qualifications is what I recall from his first election. Voting for Stogner sends a message that you need a basic level of qualification.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

In the RR commission race, the guy who finished 4th with 12% of the vote died in a car crash last month.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I disagree. Stogner is obviously more “abreast” of the issues with her background.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I voted for the candidate who best understands the natural resources of Texas.

• Funny Funny x 2
  28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Disagree...she actually has a career background that fits with the mission OF the Commission. She took an unusual track to get attention for a campaign that had a shoe-string budget, but there was no nudity shown in the ad.

And while I have no doubt that some likely will vote just on the fact that she is a relative cute oil and gas attorney who has a figure accentuated by some of the oilfield jumpsuits, many more have voted based upon actual qualifications to do the job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not sure how natural they are, but I get your point.

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She didn't show everything, but she didn't leave much to the imagination. Lol.

• Like Like x 1