2022 House and Senate election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

A slight oversight that should and must remedied very soon. My vote is in the balance, here...

For a 37yo woman she has a helluva body, store-boughts or not. If those are fake, my compliments to the chef...

Only thing I don't like about her resume is, she's an out of stater. Not a deal breaker tho

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Meh...Louisiana. At least she recognized the error of her ways but cannot blame her attachment to good seafood. Having access to LOOP probably helped with the background in oil and gas...

4. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Enjoying God’s work of art is not immoral!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

She might be qualified but she's not someone I can take seriously. Just seems like a mental case needing attention.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

And your point? You described every politician.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's a defensible concern.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They said that about Trump and look who’s in the White House. I haven’t heard about any issues about her. If you have done your homework, she was endorsed by the San Antonio paper before they withdrew it after her political ad.

10. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

I like her assets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Also, I'm not putting anyone down by calling anyone a horndog. I'm one and probably worse than any other guy on this board. :p

• Like Like x 2
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Wow - who’s to judge? LOL

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

??? First Lady of ISiS?

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She is stunning and at least ditched ISIS. However, he's still a disgusting pig, and be I think he should be investigated because of her former ties to ISIS. f**k him.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

What a STUPID idiot.
    But even more than him she probably wishes this didn't put her in the spotlight
    She had denounced ISIS and Islam and has been working against them
    Now she is a target for Islamists to go after

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Fetterman is very beatable. Lamb would be much harder.

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Oil is going to $180 and Biden’s FERC is cancelling pipelines to stop climate change. Everyone associated with shitshow joe is going to lose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

At that price he is indirectly helping the oil and gas industry, at least short term. Regardless of the foolish policies he has followed, the price signal is telling everybody that can to drill, baby, drill.

The demand for oil is not ever going to go down. The only real weapon they have right now is the ESG investment scoring system. But if prices keep climbing and demand stays high long term (it will), I am not sure ESG scores are going to really do much other than hurt the large corporations that are trying to go carbon neutral. Competitors will eat their lunch quick. Especially if independent investment banks come up outside of the ESG framework.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If we run a real agenda with real candidates, we'll mop the floor with them. If we run a clown show, we'll still take the House and maybe the Senate. Fetterman probably loses either way. Lamb wins in the clown show scenario.

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

More likely the dems will be running the clown show.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Clown show:

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I guess the high costs of gas haven't affected the Black Caucus voters
    Hakeem Jeffries
    “What is the thinking within your caucus about how to deal with that issue [high gas prices]?” a reporter asked Jeffries.

“That issue hasn’t come up,” Jeffries said

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Does price matter if you are just stealing something?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

The "Clown Show" for the GOP would be to follow the McConnel plan of standing for nothing, and running on nothing. Even Rick Scott, hardly a Senator in the Cotton/Cruz mode, had enough of the Turtle's do-nothing strategy and has come up with his own plan for action with a GOP Senate - to the ire of McConnel.

The "Clown Show" in PA would be to run The Oz, who until about this time last year was a gun-grabbing, pro-abortion candidate who actually lives in New Jersey. Bold strategy Cotton, we'll see how that works out for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You can stand for something without standing for ***-clownery.

29. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

What's McConnel's plan for a GOP senate? Doing nothing till there's a GOP President and then voting for lots of judges? The Turtle did a great job with that under Trump - but he's apparently an idiot-savant, as that's about the only accomplishment from 2 years of total GOP control of Congress/White House.

When R Scott has to come off the bench to lay out your party's plan if given control, you know GOP leadership is asleep at the wheel. Little surprise though as there are no judges to confirm (so McConnel is useless), and it's not an election year so John Wayne Coryrn, R-Texas, has assumed his usual location on the side of a milk carton. "Have you seen me?".

Gotta say, for a creepy looking Lux Luthor type who's company stole millions of dollars in Medicare funds, Scott's an impressive politician. Twice elected governor of Florida, and beat the even creepier looking Bill Nelson, who was widely called Skeletor during the 2018 election.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

My guess is that if they take the Senate, McConnell would do the following (1) slow the confirmation of Biden judicial nominations to run out the clock, (2) obviously kill Build Back Better and any major policy initiatives like election law usurpations, (3) force social spending concessions in budget negotiations especially if they also take the House, (4) push for expanded domestic energy production, and (5) require Democrats to cast difficult votes going into the '24 elections. With a Democrat in the White House, it's about the most he can do.

• Agree Agree x 1