2022 House and Senate election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I was shocked that they actually acted like journalists.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I watch them every morning. Joe and Becky are very solid, Andrew notsomuch. Joe leans right, Becky is straight down the fairway, Andrew is a flaming liberal.

They make for a good team but if Andrew found another time slot I'd be happy.

3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

RNC insider weighs in.

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Continuing what she wrote because I want people to read this. I told people here this **** was happening. The establishment was sabotaging MAGA at every opportunity.

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

We should fight the Rinos from screwing the Americans. Thank God for Roy etc
    Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) on Tuesday joined 13 Republicans who vowed to tank any priorities of GOP senators who vote for the 4,155 page omnibus bill that was negotiated with Democrats before a new Republican majority could take control of the House.

Reps. Chip Roy (R-TX), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Scott Perry (R-PA), and Andy Biggs (R-AZ), along with nine other conservatives House members, signed a letter Tuesday promising to block any priorities of the Republican senators who rushed to support the omnibus deal with Democrats just days before Congress leaves town for Christmas.
    McCarthy Threatens to Block Bills of GOP Senators Who Vote for Omnibus

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

How can these Rinos vote for hundreds of millions in pork when we are trillions in debt?
    Do they think American's don't know they are voting for pork?

7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

On top of that all of this spending will probably make the inflation even worse.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They sold out everything to get a big boost in the Pentagon. I'm very pro-military, but it doesn't need more money. It has plenty of it. What it really needs is reform - both financially and politically. They need to cut out the woke crap, and they need to improve how they spend the money they have. Massively wasteful.

It's also a bit frightening that Democrats have learned that a significant number of Republicans will vote for any crap legislation if it throws money at the Pentagon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Maybe getting public discussion on the bloated Ominbus will expose enough of the "earmarks " to get voters to pay attention and demand their Senator vote against it.
    Maybe??

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Politicians have learned that the majority of Americans are of average intelligence and have short memories. They are in politics only to enrich themselves and their families. The United States is on the verge of complete collapse due to the DNC and RNC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

This pork discussion comes about every year, every session and nothing, nothing changes regardless of who is in power. Just talk, talk, talk. It’s all quite sickening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

We Voters are the real blame. Pork Earmarks are a reverse of NIMBY

14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

wtf is a bee friendly highway?

From the bee's perspective, a windshield is a windshield is a windshield.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

They probably should put a lot more in the domestic radicalization fund. They will need lots of resources once citizens rebel against their tyranny.

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Dreamer you are.

19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• poop poop x 1
  20. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

Yes. This. I'm retired military and I believe we need to have a strong military but we perpetually overspend in this area....especially since 9/11.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Part of the problem with our defense budget now is WHAT we are spending money on.
    Add that to what BOSD pointed out, overspending . Result? weakened and not ready military

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

cornyn has consistently voted on the democratic agenda. He does not represent Texas. He has lost my vote when he runs again. Hopefully by then we will have someone to run against him in the primary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

That's an interesting question. Historically i think more people voted for Congressmen based on what they did for their own state. (bring home the pork) Now I think many are starting to vote more based on what and how they voted or fought on what are often national issues. I too think Cornyn has been too passive in this regard, and given a viable choice, I will consider someone else.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Cornyn Will be primaried. He has been a go along to get along waste too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Why cant these goffy republican congressmen get the agends going. They are like a group of 6 years olds. Nobody sees the big picture. I am not a McCarthy fan but these YOYOs need to wake up. We need term limits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's unpopular to say this, but congressional pay and staff pay isn't too high. The top staffers are the real brains on Capitol Hill and do a tough job. There are a lot of problems in Congress. Salaries isn't one of them. In fact, the ****** pay is one of the reasons why more normal people don't run for Congress.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

In the last 20 years, the Pentagon has made a deal with the Devil. It used to be largely (though not entirely) a Republican priority. Now it has little opposition, and sliminess has set in. Nobody holds it accountable or seriously scrutinizes it.

At this point, I don't think dumping money into it makes the military stronger. We're getting less for a lot more. We have the usual corruption and waste that goes with government. However, we also have greatly diminished competition due to post-Cold War consolidation. That keeps procurement costs higher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The House adjourned without electing a Speaker. Link. Be prepared for Democrats to start offering to vote for a moderate Republican speaker candidate.

• Hot Hot x 1
  29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

So we elect people who hire others to do their job? It all makes sense now when a 4000 page omnibus bill passes without the people’s representatives reading it. We are not a representative republic. We are ******.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

And pay isn’t an issue for being in politics. All of them - Dems and Republicans- leave as multi millionaires after office. We are all fools for not being in politics.

• Agree Agree x 1