2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

LOVE the effort ...

• Like Like x 6
  2. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

is this any good? :fire::bevo::fire::bevo::fire::bevo::fire: watch the video for more great stuff
    :yikes::yikes::yikes:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

You would think that those that don't get playing time will eventually portal out every year. They will be replaced by higher ranked recruits each recruiting season. And then we will also get some very good portals that fill a particular need. The cream will rise to the top.
    So, going forward, i see us being stacked with top recruits similar to Alabama each year. There may be 5-8 programs like that each year vying for the national championship.
    The other programs will get nothing but an "atta boy" for having a good season. These players will sacrifice, work and bleed but not be rewarded as a team for all their hard work simply because they don't get their share of 4 or 5 stars.
    So this brings me to what I said before let's have two divisional national champions. The first division will be those who finished ranked in the top 14 with two Byes. The second division will consist of those teams ranked 15 through 30. Yes, two national champions each season.
    So in the second division teams like maybe Louisiana Tech, N C State, Illinois, Utah, Ole Miss, UFC ETC. will have a chance to be a national champion. These teams and others will be playing for something other than an "atta boy" each year.
    This will be exciting for college football. 30 teams vying for 2 national championship spots.:trophy::trophy:

Just remove conference championships and go to an eleven game regular season (or not) to reduce playing too much.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  4. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ATX_Horns

ATX_Horns 250+ Posts

The Aggie tears will be glorious when we end up with #1 class this year and then get Arch and all the 2023 stars that will come with that !

• Like Like x 2
  8. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

Great Post George Bailey!!!! I don’t get “wound up about much” excluding my HATE for Aggie!

In all honesty, I HATE them soooo much, I NEVER wanted to see them again after Justin Tucker and Case McCoy probably, by definition, executed the ULTIMATE MIC DROP in the history of “mic drops”…..IN THEIR HOUSE! ….. In the last game EVER……..so I thought!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. KillerHorn

KillerHorn 25+ Posts

10. KillerHorn

KillerHorn 25+ Posts

I was there. It was awesome
    Pyle Field went dead quiet when that kick went through
    You could see life leaving Aggie bodies throughout the stands

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Humm, how would being in the SEC help our recruiting but not theirs? o_O

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, some things (like the real burnt orange and football uniforms) are sacred. Anyone who buys anything other than a red or yellow Ferrari needs to have their driving privileges revoked for life.

13. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Happy to see us recruiting the Panhandle again! As an Amarillo native it makes me smile. Spearman is just northeast of Amarillo. Fred Akers did a good job recruiting up here! There is some talent up here!

• Like Like x 2
  14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • poop poop x 1
  15. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

IT saying CB Terrance Brooks of Little Elm will be at the OU game.

He's still solid to Ohio State, but there's "a crack in the door" and he's picked up his communication with the Texas staff the past few weeks.

Terrance Brooks, Little Elm, Cornerback

• Like Like x 2
  16. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

On CB Denver Harris of Galena Park North Shore...IT feels Texas is in the best position they've been in since his official visit over the summer.

He wanted to be at the Cotton Bowl this weekend, but he couldn't secure a ride.

LSU is trending down after their loss to Auburn last weekend, and the family has questions about the direction of that program under Orgeron.

Denver Harris, North Shore, Cornerback

• Like Like x 2
  17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

It did. But they've squandered what they've gotten and could nevervget past bama, lsu and depending on what tear, ole miss or mississippi st.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  19. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  20. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

CNB, I respect your opinion but would still like to hear from mchammer on this...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

What do you mean, the backseat of my SUV was empty, and there wass the added attraction of a stop in Fairfield to graze at Sam's - damn that was good, three pieces of CFS, four slices of brisket, pinto beans, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, a plate of sweet watermelon, and chocolate pie and coconut pie (both with about 4inches of calf slobber on top)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s no secret that Bama is so good because of their TE’s. Why deny the obvious to hide hurt feelings?

23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

So what did you have to eat after that appetizer you described?

:beertoast:

25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Isn’t this the guy whose dad wanted to come back to Texas just for the banana pudding?

Sark looks very good compared to Big Ed these days. To recruits, to parents, to fans, to :errbody:

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

One and the same.

• Like Like x 1
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chop,

Did we lose a commit yesterday?

28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

???
    Dunno…
    Haven’t heard.

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

There was a rumor going around Fair Park that one of our commits de-committed after the game.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Beats me, LHABSOB. That's why I asked the question. Heard it from a group of young Texas fans while watching Iowa game at Hand Mueller. They said they heard it on radio.