2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

NCAA approves one-year waiver of football scholarship limits

Instead of being able to sign 25 high school and junior college recruits as well as Division I transfers, the 2022 class can be as big as 32 depending on how many players left the program after the end of the first term of school. That means it does not apply to in-season departures like offensive lineman Edgar Burrola and defensive lineman Myles Tapusoa, both of whom entered the NCAA transfer portal in the past few weeks

• Like Like x 2
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Handler,

I could be wrong, but I thought we got 25 for the year plus 7-8 extra for Covid, then extra for portal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  4. ATX_Horns

ATX_Horns 250+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Why do you think A&M isn't on the list?

Florida doesn't have a coach either

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

how about a former 4* OL transfer from Wisconsin ? Yes, please ...

• Like Like x 5
  7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

makes you go hmmmm ....

• Hot Hot x 1
  8. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

We need transfer o-linemen and transfer linebackers more than we need recruits right now. Those freshmen won't be ready in time to fix this ship before it sinks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

oops -- thought that tweet was recent, my bad, its date Oct 5

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Still relevant.

11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Myles Tapusoa, Arizona, Defensive Line

Myles Tapusoa - Football - University of Arizona Athletics

He's big, and presumably strong. But how does he move? Another Coburn? (we could do a lot worse--don't kid yourselves otherwise).

"Returned ... in much better shape but has not been able to crack the rotation [at Arizona]..." [In other words--he was really fat and slow, and he's still not good enough to make the 2 deep at the worst team in the PAC 12].

Hmmmmmm. Points to a pass on this one...

Let's grab a bunch of transfer OL, and only cherry pick the really good DL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The kid from Wisconsin is a puzzle. He started two years ago, was injured last year, and this year has never risen above second string and played very little. I thought he was a center with ability to play guard?

14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Hypothetical. If we portalled the entire OL from one of the following, and made them starters (excepting Jake Majors who could still start) next year, might we be better?:

Vanderbilt
    Oregon State
    Duke
    Florida Atlantic
    Southern Miss
    Syracuse

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Only possibility out of that group would be Duke, because Cut is a helluva QB coach, meaning he requires and coaches a good OL, although at Duke they aren't that talented.

If you want to bring one in, I suggest we consider whatever junior high or high school Mike Sherman is coaching.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  16. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Looks like the bromance with Guilbeau is back on.

17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Below is from a source ( not a recruiting site/ service)
    This is some snippets from parents of some 4 and 5* recruits.

"I am lucky enough to be good friends with several big time recruits parents right now. Here is a little feedback from them about the Texas program.

Here are their thoughts

1. They think Sark is a good coach and can win here.. (they really like Sark)

2. Sark walked into a mess

3. Concerned fans and boosters will not give him time to fix it. Another coaching change scares them

4. The think the roster and culture is rotten. Bad players, bad mindset etc etc ( They think a ton of players need to leave)

5. Immediate playing time is important.
    6. SEC move is good."

There you have it. Make of it what you will.

• Like Like x 4
  18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Something indeed a little off. 5 yrs there and as you mentioned can't break into the lineup.
    I think the interest has cooled but still worth kicking the tires on him if for nothing else the Wisconsin OL pedigree.

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

cnb,

It is my understanding that he started at center two years ago, was injured, and has not only not started since, but hasn't really played. If Wisconsin was undefeated with their current OL, I'd say "OK", but we need to know if it's the injury or an attitude keeping him out, OR if he just isn't that good.

20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

He started and never got his job back. Can't confirm but have seen a blurb or 2 where he may have attitude issue.
    That's the last thing we need. I'm sure he will be vetted well if he even makes his visit here.

21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Bama just got a big time DB in their class. No longer pushing for Harris. Its Texas-LSU now.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  23. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

24. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  25. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  26. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

great tag line ... Justice was served :hookem: looking forward to that on the 40 acres :bevo::bevo::bevo:

• Like Like x 2
  27. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

paid article but good headline :coolnana:

• Like Like x 1
  28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

commits crootin ...

• Like Like x 2
  29. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Banks. Maybe Jaylon or LTG?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

there is smoke about two ... see here ...

• Like Like x 2