2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Someone may want to tell Brown that there is only one ball, and another player on that team named Ewers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Brown is already stated that he isn't afraid of the depth chart.
    Some back office intrigue. Buckeye mods believe that the pressing for Brown is an indication that Ewers is leaving. Lots of shaking and baking the next 3 weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

As to, ‘ its gonna get ugly’ post. Is there a prize expected for the first/most negative? I get it. No rainbow stew,etc. but come-on man. First to get absolute negative wins,,, absolute nothing. Other than personal negafaction. As to Ewers, does the name Perilloux ring a familiar note? World’s #1 perpetual recruit is not an award anyone wants to win.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

And, BTW, Miller and Winfield were seen as dodgy commits day-one back in the summer. We have good coaches, some very good players (some that don’t particularly fit system or ideology) and a solid long term strategy that necessarily involves high-star athletes with a core value of commitment and accountability. The University of Texas isn’t ever going to be the way-station for minor league pro athletes. Competing with those schools will always be a senior challenge, but converting to ‘pass-through U” sin’t on anybody’s to-do list.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

We'll know more this week. Sark is meeting one on one with the players on Monday and Tuesday to discuss their futures.
    To be fair Perilloux trolled us from day one. Ewers has been silent unless pressed then quickly posts his buckeye background. Also he has never not communicated with sark. Again the next few weeks will be busy busy for this staff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

OrangeBloods reporting that ATH Kendrick Law of Shreveport, LA was at the game today.

• Like Like x 4
  7. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

IT reporting LB Ish Harris of Pilot Point was another surprise visitor for the game today.

• Like Like x 4
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We haven’t lost any of the DL that mofo bo Davis has brought in, have we? Not worried about fickle skilled players - dime a dozen in Texas.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I still want Texas to win. I feel the emotions of frustration and satisfaction depending on the play and the outcome. But this world of transfers and complete lack of loyalty to one's word is not pleasant to me. And yet the fans continue to gloat and express loud arrogance due to the vicarious pleasure they derive from the exploits of strangers. That is the landscape today. There is less and less of a real connection to the school except in the hearts of those who actually graduated with the name on their skin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

If we could fill those losses with quality OL it would be a win, but that's probably a big if.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

D Brown
    Playing time here bro.
    How about leading us to the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I believe we get two at least two of those Elite offensive lineman.
    I doubt that this post makes you feel better but that's the way I see it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Discussion with coaches? Hmmm don’t like sound of that.

15. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Any rumors on the Brockermeyer twins?

I heard they had not suited up for the last couple of games.

I closely watched the game to see if there was a 76 or 58 on the sideline. Never caught sight of either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  16. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It is that time of the year. With HS Coaches involved who knows what was said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. Texadelphia

Texadelphia 1,000+ Posts

+1. Then develop them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Sark, Davis and Banks to do an in-home with Denver Harris this week.

• Like Like x 2
  21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

He was beaten out by an underclassman (24'). It was a mutual parting of the ways.

22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

As someone here mentioned earlier, Miller and Winfield never felt 100%. Winfield has been flirting with mich state since summer and will most likely end up there. Mel Tucker the reason.
    Miller never considered us until sark arrived so we've been fighting uphill for him since. Our on field performance made his mind up for him.
    Kerry is the disappointing one. Has the tools but apparently not the heart.

23. DCW

DCW 25+ Posts

Honestly, are needs are not in the RB's room or 3 star LB's. I have nothing against any of these players and wish them the best. But, their scholarship' can be and should be used in places of need. Portal or JUCO is where they will hopefully find talent that can play immediately. I believe that Sark and staff are good with it and are moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

Do we have any head-to-heads with OU that may be affected by Riley’s move to USC?

25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Doesn't matter. He will get whoever he wants out of California.

26. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

BON days yes

• Like Like x 1
  27. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  28. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

• Like Like x 4
  29. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Rumors? Yes. One was floated about a month ago from an sec mod that Tx would be getting a 5* lineman via the portal. I don't believe the Brockermeyers have suited up for a single game. Lots of tea leaves and smoke.

Side note: Bama OL Pierce Quick has announced that he intends to enter the portal.

• Like Like x 1
  30. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

He had a good visit with us in the summer and had nothing but rave reviews. So we'll see. A lot depends on who coaches LSU

• Like Like x 1