2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

We spent a lot of time on Stewart. At least we knew this one was happening a month ago. Lots of mods believe he'll hit the portal after spending a season in the ags offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Sounds like Venables going back to OU is picking up steam.

3. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Call BR549

• poop poop x 1
  4. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

State Champion Maalik Murphy !!!

WATCH: Texas commit Maalik Murphy leads team to section championship

Unlike the typical athlete of today, Murphy stayed at his local high school rather than transfer to a powerhouse like the Mater Dei’s of the world, or even a school in Texas like many people were clamoring for. Instead, he stayed local and led his hometown school to glory. :hookem:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  6. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

LB ... cannot find a 247 profile

• Like Like x 3
  8. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

So at our tier 2 or 3 receivers now. Andre Coleman might be a dead man walking...(I was surprised he stayed on the staff last year)

Don't care about stars but Texas shouldn't be recruiting against SMU, Kansas, and Mississippi Valley State...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

4* LB and current ND commit

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  13. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

For the last 2 years the only thing TCU that shows up in my twitter feed has been the funny videos from that Clint Foster guy but in the last 24 hrs, I am getting bombarded with Samples, Carrington, Dykes, etc. I don't know how much influence Twitter has on a 18 yo- my teenagers think I am ancient using it. But man those guys know how to work it. I hope we don't get back into a pattern of having to recruit against TCU.

14. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

With Samples there we will be battling TCU for recruits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

3 star from Missouri City de-committing from USC. Puzzling why a receiver would be leaving with Riley coming unless he was told he no longer has a spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Buckeyes fans think they have Kam locked up. Hope Flood has some silent commits to get to that 5 OL number that Sark mentioned he is expecting.

Anyone have any news on Perkins and Harris? Hopefully aggy doesn't grab them too.

• poop poop x 1
  17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

He almost committed to them during his visit. Cooled off and since then it's been an aggie lean with Tx an outside chance. He likes UT but his family doesn't. Have not seen anywhere that ohio state was back in it but its recruiting so anything is possible.
    The "5" lineman comment was rhetorical. Meaning he can get five 1 and 2* lineman at anytime.
    Nothing has changed with Perkins. Has been and continues to be an aggie lean. Likes UT but wants to play in the sec and we've yet to announce when we're moving there.
    Ags were never a player for Harris and still aren't. It's bama and UT with bama the favorite.
    Again, this is recruiting and subject to change by the hour.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  21. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

good grief ... that's a lot of players ...

22. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Well first of all Riley is not the end all be all for WRs.
    Secondly he may be pissed off at Riley for not recruiting him to Oklahoma perhaps.

23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

99 % probability that Weese and Hazelwood and most if not all of oklahoma portal guys will follow Lincoln to SC.
    He may have read the writing on the wall and decided to start over. Also a possibility that Riley has reached out to SC's current commits and advised Douglas that it would be best to move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Didn't take long for us to lose a top recruit to TCU- Jordan Hudson going to Frogs. We already missed out on him the first time to SMU, assume he just followed the staff over.

Texas WR target Jordan Hudson commits to TCU

25. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

We didn't lose him. We never had him. We cooled on him months ago. As posted yesterday, expect the 5 SMU de commits to follow Dykes and more specifically Samples to TCU. We did offer Savion Red so we'll how that one plays out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

That would be a huge get! Thanks USC!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Ketch and Nick Harris have cb'd him to Tx.

• Like Like x 4
  28. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

My kingdom for a WR!

29. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Hearing Savion Red may be a get after all.
    He is one of the SMU de commits.

• Like Like x 1
  30. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts