2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Just some FYI. LB Harold Perkins has de committed from the gags. LSU or Fla most likely landing spot.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I think the question on the OL is complex:

Will the returning players, with another offseason under their belts, improve?Personally, I believe so.

Will one of our four or five stellar incoming OLs break through and make the starting lineup? I’d put the odds at better than 50/50.

Will we grab an upperclassman portal player in the spring or summer? Again, I’d put the odds at better than 50/50.

So I am cautiously optimistic about the OL in 2022, and excited about that unit in 2023.

Additionally, a great runner, a great WR, a very good TE and a quick draw QB who can make all the throws can compensate for a less than outstanding OL. I’m hoping that QE can fill that role.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. OrangeClad

OrangeClad 250+ Posts

I don't have the link, but Harold Perkins has officially decommitted from A&M.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Just flipped over to Texags.com to eat popcorn and enjoy the show and guess what? It appears the site has crashed.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Horn hubby

Horn hubby 500+ Posts

Last interview I saw he seemed to like Florida…. Just my take on it….

• poop poop x 1
  7. ATX_Horns

ATX_Horns 250+ Posts

It's a hard take at this point. He has the talent, but lacks the maturity. He has lots of potential to be a portal hopper.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

LSU from all appearances. Better or worse, we're still trying.
    We're a dark horse . TFB thinks we have a punchers chance. So there's that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

:ousucksnana::fiestanana:
    Could the Hammer be right again?

Come on Hammer!

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Bru McCoy redux, hopefully without the legal entanglements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Please, please , please go anywhere but to Austin.
    I hire salesman and have seen this attitude before. I learned 15 years ago to pass in the “what are you gonna do for me” I’m looking at several offers type of guys…from me making two mistakes.
    I have advised, and been right, to my colleagues when they had me interview their prospects. With gnashing of teeth they thought I was wrong- I never was.

He has zero experience in D1 ball and yet feels he will be the savior of any team. He won’t, he’ll face competition he’s never faced, he will blame the team or the coaches and try to get others to join him on a crusade.
    This is a BAD hire.
    That said, I hope after he fails at school 1, he will take ownership- be humbled and succeed as a young man at school 2 or 3.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

The OL will be better next year.
    With the system continuity and redshirts along with these new recruits.
    UTs line will be better.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Now wondering if it is a grade issue.

14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

It's the sec sec. Grades are never an issue. Lol. Seriously though , there's not been any indication that he's a grade risk.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  15. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Why aren’t we in mix?

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Could this be Ron Morris part dos?

• Like Like x 1
  17. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

It’s been a looong week- been in Tampa for 7 days.
    I’ll leave my post up, but I do hope that I am wrong and wherever this kid goes- I sincerely wish him well.
    My angst is due to the divided locker room drama over the past few years that ( in my opinion) was much worse than any other factor that had a negative impact on Texas. I took it out on him, and hopefully I can eat crow.
    Nothing would make me happier.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Going to play for Deion.

19. KillerHorn

KillerHorn 25+ Posts

Hola NR, can you expand on divided locker room comment for “not in the know/no connections” dweebs like me.

20. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Noah Cain transfers to LSU. Texas boy>img>pennst>lsu

21. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Know exactly what you mean. I made a mistake once when I thought I was wrong.

22. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Where do I start, sir? Yes- I have no connections- this is my opinion based upon observations.
    -Maybe Sam standing out by himself singing the EOT. I would say that in itself would show locker room issues and I also would say that probably would have a negative impact on the performance of a team sport. Great leadership Tom!
    - some player secretly and cowardly videoing Bo’s encouraging words and then “leaking” the video. I hope he is one of the encouraged to leave players that turned “pro” or is seeking a portal offer.
    -Two starters quitting. One during a game. Yeah, that’s a red flag to me.
    -Sam Ehlinger revealed there are much bigger problems in the Texas locker room and in the process confirmed Tom Herman had lost the team.
    -Bo Davis’s much needed offer for those who needed a different bus to ride. Clear indication of a fractured team. Thanks Bo! Tom Herman could learn from you.
    -UT doesn’t need a non team player , much less a 17 year old to come in and be it’s all about me.
    It’s not, he’ll see this and he too will walk after creating drama. It’s NEVER their fault. Again, I would be happy to be wrong with this kid., regardless of what hat he picks up again doing the suspenseful hat trick. Again. Or will he have a drone fly over towing a banner of the lucky school that gets him? Maybe he can juggle bowling pins of the schools he is interested in …or saw a girl in half and pull out a balloon that has a riddle in it to keep up the suspense. Only to open up his recruiting again. Sad for him is that eventually he will have to sign his name on the line that is dotted- and this show stops.

In my opinion- Bo nailed it. If you don’t want to be here and play, then go somewhere else. No hate. Just go and be well. But don’t infect others with your attitude.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I thought this was the biggest red flag. I believe all the players respected Sam's toughness as a football player but given the climate at the time, I figured those most concerned about the accusations of racism would think that Sam was not with them.

24. OrangeClad

OrangeClad 250+ Posts

It's easy to harshly judge 17 year olds as if they had 40 years of experience behind them. While I agree some of the comments and gamesmanship may raise a red flag, when talking about 17 year old kids, (who are generally dumbasses nobody who they are), and they have been treated like gods in HS, superior to gods through the recruiting process, are being promised millions of $ when they may have never seen a $100 bill in their life, and are now being counseled by numerous who knows whoms on how to play the game and negotiate a higher value, you've really got to take everything with a grain of salt. This kid could be as solid as a rock personally and just be overwhelmed with the process, or following somebody else's advice, right or wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

The problem is that most, of not all, HornFans poster cannot
    i don’t think most, if not all, posters on the board have the life lessons to sit in judgement of most of these kids.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's one thing to judge, it's another to defend the legacy of the school. When someone is aggressively forcing change and using insults to accomplish the task then they are asking for an adversarial relationship.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

OK, if that is the way you see it.

28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

by,

You forgot to include lying and making **** up to support their point.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I took it personally, as in cheapening my degree by lobbying unfounded allegations at worst and, at best, half-truths without proper historical context. These folks were lowering the value of my degree while at the same time living off the University whom I support. Insulting and infuriating at the same time. I am still incensed.

• Like Like x 2
  30. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Orange- I do agree with your thinking here regarding age/treatment by peers.
    I see it when I coach Little League football. It actually starts there with the star players being treated differently.
    Coaches, other parents, and fans make a big deal of some kid who’s bigger and he should be for his age.

I know of a coach who bought a kid a bicycle to come back and play for his team. The kid didn’t want to play because he had exceeded the weight limit to run the ball

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022