2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

At this point the opinions of Flood and Sark are the ones that matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

My granddaughter's dog is better than Liucci

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Is it a border collie? If so, no dispute here…

:catfight:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Speed is good; welcome Mr Woods

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Don't get me started on the :e-poo: pile NCAA puts on baseball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

What ever happened to T Gibbs, 4 star running back?

8. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

9. OrangeClad

OrangeClad 250+ Posts

Walk-ons not being eligible for other types of aid (provided they do not play in games) has not been my understanding for years (from talking to both an athletic dept source and a family of a walk-on). The way is it was explained to me is that the NCAA can regulate the participation of students in NCAA sanctioned, competitive events and the more general life of a student athletes who are receiving athletic financial assistance. But , the NCAA has no jurisdiction over a general student of a university, nor do they have jurisdiction over whom a teacher (or coach, who are deemed to be teachers) can teach.

In the case of a student who walks onto the football team, they are a typical student who is using his/her personal time to lift weights in a school facility, run on school grounds, sit in meetings/classes with other students, use school restrooms and borrow school apparel (which they return when no longer using just like in D-III). Again, my understanding is that the NCAA cannot tell a school or a regular student at that school where the student can lift weights, run, sit or take a shower or that they are somehow no longer eligible for the financial aid every other student can apply for who lifts, runs, sits or showers in a different school facility.

But, maybe the rules have changed and I didn't hear about it, but I can't see how the NCAA can tell a 4.0 Harvard accepted kid who can get academic money from anywhere and who does not participate in NCAA sanctioned competitive events that he can't have academic support at UT because of which building he showers in.

10. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

Most likely, the concern isn't walk-ons with academic scholarships, but to prevent universities from recruiting "walk-ons" and putting them on "academic scholarships".

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

OC,

First, Ajo is correct. The rule was to prevent any more Tom Osborne situations with 225 kids on scholarships.

The NCAA treats non-revenue walkons differently than others. A walkon baseball player will likely get $300-500 from the school not the athletic department.

Never use Harvard as an example because I defy you to find any football player recruited to Harvard that pays any tuition or room and board.

There are walkons and there are invited walkons

12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

What are your qualifications for consideration of this esteemed title

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Why would I tell a likely competitor for the position?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

MC & Worster would both be more qualified and better than the bimbo trying to run it in the ground now. At least our two friends from HornFans agenda would be to improve the scenery rather than eliminate traditions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. OrangeClad

OrangeClad 250+ Posts

So long as they never play in a game and actually compete for the school, I don't think it matters either way.

17. OrangeClad

OrangeClad 250+ Posts

I suppose if that is the rule, but I would like to see how that rule is actually written. As stated, the NCAA rule would have to drill down into some ridiculous regulation regarding what bathrooms a regular student can use or where a regular student can go on campus.

18. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Me. Woods please excuse my good friend. Speed is essential. :bullseye:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

21. ATX_Horns

ATX_Horns 250+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

What am i going to do if Campbell chooses to go somewhere else?
    A) become a gold miner
    B) move to the north pole and be a santa helper
    C) join a convent, i mean monastery
    D) become a wingsuit glider

23. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

all we could do is cry and move on.....!!

24. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Do not understand this commitment, BON does not report it and Rivals and 247 rankings do not reflect it.

seems that most would agree with your assesment!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

E) Wish him well and then laugh my *** off when we beat the **** out of him and his team.
    F) Laugh my *** off when he is in the portal within12 months
    G) Both E & F

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

What will i do when Campbell signs with the horns tomorrow?
    A) buy season tickets
    B) do cartwheels down my street
    C) hibernate til next season
    D) praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow

• Like Like x 2
  27. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

I was curious about Ky Woods' status and looked at the 247 player search since he was not listed on the Texas commit list. Here is the link:

Notice the stick figure to the right of TEXAS in his offer list. I had not seen that symbol used before but I guess that means he will be a Walk On player.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

While I don't know what is happening, I will say I don't remember any sub 4.4 walkons over the last 50 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. OrangeClad

OrangeClad 250+ Posts

Maybe a slot receiver.

• Like Like x 1
  30. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Announcement info:
    4 p.m. CST -- Five-star OL Devon Campbell(live on CBS Sports HQ)

As a side note, tune in for Circus Ole at 1 to watch the spectacle of Perkins setting his first record by doing the hat trick Pickem a record setting 3 times. Someone tell him that you don’t get this production when you portal in 2 years.

• Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2022