2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I've been doing a lot of pooping on these
    Threads lately. Guess I'm disgruntled.

2. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Maybe we should give up TH altogether.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And 4 years from now, be right back where we are today

4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Maybe, or maybe we hire UM and in four years be in the top 5

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Absolutely agree. TH is not a leader of men. He is an enabler of the cry baby, i'm a victim mentality that permeates the current football team. I sent CDC an email following the embarrassing display of Ehlinger standing alone on the field and how sad that was. I am no one in the eyes of UT but call it coindence or not, 2 days later they supposedly have a statement expecting the players to represent the team after games.

How did we get so F@#%ked up that we need to make that statement?

I told CDC that after 50+ years of UT support, I can no longer feel good about wearing the burnt orange. Still love UT, just not what it stands for today. The temporary FUBAR of Patterson as AD was really bad and set a precedent that doesnt seem to get gone. I know some hate Meyer but he is a proven leader who doesnt put up with player BS. Doubt we can swing the money but TH needs to go!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

When it comes to respecting a coach, I feel it's more than what the coach will or will not put up with. It's the respect the player has from absolutely knowing he is in the presence of greatness. Absent greatness or even "very good," then what the coach wants becomes optional.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

There goes another one! This did it. Herman needs to be gone like today:brickwall:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Now I know what a rock feels like as it's sinking to the bottom of the pond.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Always a good day to say f**k YOU TOM HERMAN!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Yeah... it's bad...

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Recruiting should be on hold until we get a new coach.

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Doesn't appear they have done any recruiting in a while.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The quick fall is stunning...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I went to school in the DKR glory years. I've hated Herman since season 1 when I saw him doing stupid things like going for it on 4th down instead of punting or going for the TD when the smart play was to take the sure FG. He ignored the fundamentals that every great coach from Rockne to Bear Bryant to Nick Saban followed, which is probably why his defenses haven't been able to tackle worth a ****. Also, his behavior in the Missouri game was embarrassing and unexcusable. Can you imagine DKR making fun of a another teams' player? No class at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

At this point you can't wait if you want to be relevant. The 2021 class is bad, 2022 is now non-existent. If we lose on Saturday, CDC needs to make an announcement Sunday am, promote Ash to interim HC, hire Urban immediately, and get Urban focusing only on recruiting until December. Sign the Brocks, get Ewers back from Ohio St, etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. Gontex2

Gontex2 100+ Posts

Rats can tell the ship is sinking.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Herman has found his replacement for Ewers
    (dont blame the kid)

• Like Like x 2
  18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Nice 2nd option. He doesn't have the resonance with other recruits that Ewers does and that's the brutal part. But a nice option none the less. The chatter on Ewers is that mensa was bad mouthing him and his family got word. Don't see a recovery there unless mensa is replaced.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  19. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

He has offers from a lot of major programs. Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Nebraska, etc.

6'1" @ 185 pounds. 3-star and not nationally ranked but he must have some really good natural ability or he wouldn't have the offers he does. Seems like a solid replacement considering the QB room we currently have.

20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

What would ole tommy boy be saying negatively about the highest rated player in the country?

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Exactly what I was wondering.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Whomever "heard" that is full of it on face value. I understand TH is ignorant in ways that boggle the mind but unless you can provide audio or 1st hand knowledge, this is a BS statement. Now if our mensa did this, he should be run out of coaching!

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I don’t buy that chatter. No way a head coach, even TH, bad mouths his 5 star top recruit.

• Agree Agree x 5
  24. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Yes no way TH would bad mouth a top recruit like that, or even any recruit. Sounds like negative recruiting to me. Surely Ewers wouldn't believe that. Well TH has fallen down the rabbit hole too far whether this is of his own making or not.
    Surely this is his last season.

25. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  26. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I don't believe it. Makes no sense. Besides, a HC that would bad mouth a commit won't get many recruits and probably won't be an HC for long.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That is impossible to believe. What is possible is that OU coaches started that rumor, which they have been doing almost 50 years.

That said, if the rumor was true, the Ewers family know enough influential Texas Exes and supporters that Herman would have had his ego crushed by $ome people in Preston Hollow in one on one (more like 10 on one) meetings in Austin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Absolutely!! Tom may not understand how things work in Austin, but he keeps poking that lion with a stick. Hopefully he comes to the realization, that he's actually standing inside the cage with the very lion he's poking. If it comes to that, I'd kinda like to have an invite to that meeting.

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

At the very least put it on pay per view on something other than LHN

• Like Like x 1
  30. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

How's for a recording of the proceedings? Make copies and send it to Hornfans members. Then everyone would know exactly what was said.