2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Have not heard rumors or hints of this. If true the gags are trodding on thin ice.

NIL is going to bring seen money onto the stage. That allows you to sue and as the illegal activity connected with bags now affects legal financial enterprise, you will see the IRS and FBI become a factor.

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

WOW! That is scary, kinda like being worried about being carjacked by valet at Dallas Country Club.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

In that neighborhood, feel lucky that's all that happened to you...

4. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

After Captain Jack was canned he said that the ag’s would continue to win because they would have the best players. No credit given to Slocum. He must have known they had cover because, as I remember, when caught paying an ex-player after probation (same as SMU) they did not get the death penalty. Did I get that right?

Perhaps those old dogs have bred themselves into one more generation of cheaters.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Aggies got caught on Murray for two reasons

1) payroll clerk on Directors Row graduated from Texas. She didn’t follow football until Rod gave her tickets to a game and she heard familiar names over the PA system.

2) someone had to brag about his involvement

the Aggies wanted Jackie gone and sacrificed him at the alter of the NCAA. Ask yourself how he’s made a living all these years since.

The Smith deal almost got them the death penalty not Murray.

I have to admire any group that would kidnap the school president and hide him 300 miles away (on a Texas BMD’s ranch) so the NCAA couldn’t talk to him.

Aggies believe that it was Devine intervention that made that tornado hit Katy so that none of the TV stations set ton broadcast the Smith press conference covered Smith. That kid made Butch Hadnot look smart.

6. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Dallas Morning News followed the envelope of cash to his home (in MS?) and got pictures of him opening it. I don’t think it added any more penalty.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

What penalty?

8. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

My mind is getting foggy but did they get sanctions for recruiting violations and after that they were caught sending the envelope to a former players home in MS. SMU was caught giving money to a player after they had received penalties from recruiting violations and that is when the death penalty came down. Our governor at the time could not even save them, but the ag’s were spared.

i have learned to proceed with caution when with dealing my memory. So I will not defend my comments against someone as astute as you. How’s that for blowing a little smoke up your arse?

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

A&M feared the death penalty and got a slap on the wrist. The BMDs thought Jackie was out of control and used the NCAA as an excuse to fire him.

as for envelops of cash, they didn't need to go to Mississippi, Hempstead was a lot closer.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Maalik has enrolled at UT and will receive good advice and treatment about his ankle. It depends on the severity and collateral damage to tendons and ligaments if any. As long as it was a fracture, I'm not too worried about the issue as he's young, so he should heal up well and be ready for the summer workouts. But, we'll see come spring if he can go on it or if they want him to rest it until summer.

11. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I'm not sure at my age I should trust my memory I seem to recall Aggies bragging about the length of their 1980s self investigation and how many pages it contained. I remember that they were so "thorough" it included several pages mapping the fire escape from the Athletics Department buildings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

aggy self-investigations typically involve things like noting the color of the lint extracted from their belly buttons.

• Funny Funny x 7
  13. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

What is it with aggys and extraction? Is it taught at Fish Camp?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  15. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

"From the outside, you can't understand it. From the inside, you can't explain it" Or some such ****.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I thought it was "from the inside you can't escape it"

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RainH2burntO

I'm pretty sure it's "From the outside, you don't want to know. From the inside, you are insane"

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. RainH2burntO

I would really like to see more submissions on this^^^^^ please.

19. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

Not to hijack the thread, but get ready for full blown aggie bizarreness when we play them next. Bending, grunting, swaying, shouting **** about "bus drivers", the whole magilla.

My eldest graduated from A&M Law. I was glad to see that there was no real equivalent to Fish Camp. Honest to God, though, they taught the incoming students to "Whoop". :puke:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

:smile1:
    No worries, the thread has already been hijacked.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

for all you Rudys out there ... here is your chance ...

• Like Like x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

How many slots are there?

23. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Alumni eligible???
    :idk:

24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  25. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Since the 2022 class is signed and sealed it will probably be better for everybody to move to the 2023 thread for updates on any more future portals like the recent safety Joiner. Unless news on one of 2022 signees comes along. Just to keep from duplication of posts. Saying for a friend.:yes:

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

In the 212 pages on this thread do we have a list of early enrollees?

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

@SabreHorn

• Like Like x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Bump

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts