2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

There's a very good podcast from "Texas Homer" featuring Gerry Hamilton on the current status of offensive targets.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Current Ga commit. I believe this is his 3rd high school in 3 yrs.

3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

IT reporting the visit for Alabama transfer RB Keilan Robinson went well and they expect him to be a Longhorn.

• Like Like x 5
  4. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Justin Wells at IT said Derrick Brown told him he's canceled his aggy OV.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Hope that means he is locked in on Texas!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Suchomel from OrangeBloods put in a Texas pick for LB Jeremy Patton of Tenaha.

• Like Like x 6
  7. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

By all accounts we hit a grand slam with TreVonte Citizen. Now we have to withstand the LSU push.

• Like Like x 2
  8. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Keilan has committed to Tx !!!
    Has already changed his social media.
    More info to follow.

• Like Like x 8
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  9. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
  10. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Sark putting on a full court press. Its just the beginning. He's got an edge and knows how to use it. Finally we are fighting from a position of strength instead of being behind the eight ball.:smokin:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Speedddddddddd!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So we now have 10 rbs and qbs plus 10 TE’s. Is this Sark’s version of the 10 yard minimum offense where you play 2 Qb’s, 2 RB’s, 2 TE’s, 2 WR’s, and 3 OL?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Never saw any track results for Keilan Robinson, but I saw this quote on a Penn State recruiting board from his recruitment: "He wasn’t the only St. John’s player to be offered by the Nittany Lions. Class of 2019 running back Keilan Robinson, who ran a pair of 4.3-second 40-yard dashes, drew an offer. He previously had offers from Maryland, North Carolina and Michigan State."

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

It's called depth. I know dang it.. Its something we gotta get used to.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I cannot remember an off season like this, and in particular these last couple of months. The caliber of talent coming to Texas is impressive. We’ll see if it translates this fall, but having an infusion of talented upperclassmen cannot be a bad thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  17. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Also after the '21 season we could lose 4 RBs to the NFL: watson, young, johnson, and K Robinson. Then that would leave B Robinson, Brooks and Blue for '22 so we could actually get another RB for '22.
    You might say that K Robinson is unproven and will be around next year. I'm just saying he will be eligible for the draft this next year and you never know what young adults will do.
    Of course this is not considering the portal. Because of the portal rosters will be drastically different from year to year.

18. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

19. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Thinking of the spring game and looking at the current roster, the speed on offense now is outstanding. Jake Smith coming back (knock on wood), Xavier Worthy, and now K. Robinson has elevated this offense to elite speed,

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

21. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

coach Banks on the new RB ...

• Like Like x 2
  22. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

4* LB from Cali ... looking good :bevo:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  23. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  24. longhornlegend

Somehow remember all points for him were Ohio State??? Hope Sark pulled this one off.

• Like Like x 1
  25. longhornlegend

if you think back to when Mack came here and everything focused on speed which led up to the 2005 natty. Mack lost focus on that in the end of his UT career and wanted to be saban jr with the pound the ball down opponents throat. Problem there is we didnt have bama linemen. Sarks success this year is based on what he can do with our O line. I think our D will be solid and a possibly of high end (fingers crossed). Like it or not I want our D the way it used to be flying to the ball and not looking for posing opportunities. I believe the land of thieves D coordinator is building that style there as well.

26. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

So, we still had Herman as our coach 5 months ago. I’ve certainly been fooled before by optimism after a coaching change, but the change in the program—without even playing a game—seems unbelievable in such a short time. Sark’s track record is part of it, especially the connection to Alabama, but the change is beyond that. I don’t think Urban Meyer would have created this much of a change in mood. I guess I’ll chalk it up to personality. Herman was a Saban/Belichick wannabe; Sark is more of a Dabo Swinney type. Whatever it is, we are about to run a lot of recruiting talent through and revive financial support for the program, and just when we needed it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

more fun reactions to our new RB ...

• Like Like x 1
  28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

29. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Maybe Bijan is thinking, “so a third-string RB from somewhere is coming in, and we are now a two-back story?”

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very stoked to have this guy, but I hope he’s there to return kicks and add depth and Bijan averages 22 carries for 165 yards a game (plus 5 catches for 40 more yards).

30. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Bijan is an absolute stud worthy of Heisman hype. And I LOVE RoJo. But we do not have a speedster like Keilan Robinson in the RB room. Bijan and RoJo are both power backs. Different styles but both are power runners. A speedy change of pace back is a good thing.

Having Jamaal Charles take some carries did not take away from Cedric Benson being the man.

• Like Like x 2