2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I agree, but Bijan, just as is, is as good as Cedric Benson was in college. Whether this new Robinson is Jamaal (an all time great even at the NFL level) is purely hypothetical.
    I’m with you on the optimism, though.

2. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Bear has now officially de committed from Ga.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Possible WRs on the roster for 2022:
    Whittington
    Smith
    Omeire
    Winfield
    Worthy
    K Robinson (RB or receiver)
    Evan Stewart (we lead)
    Brennan Thompson (we lead)
    Dixon
    Sanders (TE )
    Others
    Wow, wow, wow
    That would be a great track and field relay team.
    How could this be defended?
    The potential is mind-blowing.

5. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Well, it could be defended if the quarterback doesn't have time to find them. O-line is key, and I'm not sure where we're at on that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

No problem. We’re moving to a 3 TE, 3 OL set up.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’ve did this before but I believe Bijan has a very good shot at being “the next great RB at Texas,” behind Earl & Ricky. We shall see, but he has that level of talent and a very balanced demeanor.

I plan to enjoy the ride.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

9. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I don't think he'll be a 5* in the rankings, but I like that we're strategically getting talent

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

He does have a 5-star rating from the specialty rating system as a long snapper.

From one of the scouting sites.

"St. Louis continues to display why he is one of the best in the country and has the talent to play for any program in America. He has a rare combination of athleticism and snapping talent. St. Louis recently competed at the Kohl’s Western Showcase and finished the day with an average snap time of .66 seconds. He followed up his strong charting performance by running a 4.75 second 40-yard dash. St. Louis has the talent and drive to play the position for a very long time. I can’t wait to see which program is fortunate enough to add him to their roster."

15. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

How many stars was Cullen Loeffler? How many years was he in the NFL Vikings?

• Like Like x 1
  17. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

A bear can commit wherever and whenever he wants.:smile1:
    And my guess is that Sark will make sounds.:yes:
    Who knows if the bear will hear those sounds. :idk:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I don't know. I could ask many 2-stars are in the NFL. I don't know the answer to that either. We gave away a scholarship. Ok... I'm just sitting in the cheap seats. We'll see how it turns our.

20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Did we indeed give him a full football scholarship?

In Cullen's case, I don't know if he was ever on scholarship, particularly since his family didn't need it. Some speculated that he went to the Vikings because of family friendship with Red McCombs, but he stuck several years after Red sold the team, which indicates to me that Cullen earned his spot.

21. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Most importantly he is considered a 5 star in the position of long snappers. That's the key. If he is a first rate reliable long snapper for the next 4 years, that is scholarship worthy in my book.

22. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Dual Robinsons in the backfield is more dangerous than dangerous things, including the tetrodoxin found in blowfish that cause general paralysis and even death. Dual Robinsons have been compared to running with scissors while dividing by zero

23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

From a still to be identified source.

"Bear Alexander and his handler are overtly running an auction for visits, commits, and ink. It will finish in the 6 figures for a player that already shows flakiness with transfers and character issues inherent with the behavior I just described. There's a reason Bama isn't pushing for a guy like this. He's a mercenary with risk all over him. Texas will be foolish to even host him on campus at all from here forward. "

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

This generation's Ron Morris or Hart Lee Dykes or Ron Curry?

Maybe he winds up like Houston's lineman from Wiemar whose mother took the money, the kid failed to graduate & had to go to juco, but third ward had to pay mom monthly while he was there; THEN she reopened bidding for his services after juco. Third Ward coughed up more cash, but the kid got caught robbing a store and went to jail instead of the football field.

If he has a street agent or "handler", no thanks. Send him on to Ohio State, FSU, the convicts, or Mike Locksley now.

25. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

No, but I will.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Reports Alexander to be in Austin tomorrow for an unofficial.

27. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Thought I validated that :hookem:

28. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  29. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I like this guy ... super hero :bevo::fire::bevo: