2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Overall that's true. But, since 2012, we are 2-7 vs the toads. That has to stop this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I'm with you, Pomspoms. I'd love to see some verbal commits to get the ball rolling.

3. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Could be argued that this will be one of the most important games for Texas this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I will wait for someone else to say "all the games are important".

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Instead I’ll say tell me which game is unimportant next year?

6. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Well you said it first. I agree. :smile1:

7. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 100+ Posts

I will trump the 7-2 TCU win record with Texas' 24 straight victories over TCU from 1968 thru 1991, and Texas overall dominance of TCU; 64 wins vs 27 losses.
    One word; TRADITION. Let Patterson :e-face-tears:stew in that for a while... TCU will never enjoy major rivalry status with Texas. The tide is about to turn my friend, and I'm not alluding to Bama, who by the way also has an all time losing record against the Horns...1 and 7 and a tie.

Hook'em

• Like Like x 1
  8. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

9. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

couple more ... CJ Williams ... he reminds me of Collin Johnson

• Like Like x 1
  11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Maalik's sister approves ...

• Like Like x 1
  12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

He is at Stanford now. We've not done well head to head against them. Hopefully that will change with Williams.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The history of our win loss records are great, but those win streaks ended, and are for the most part, ancient history. They do not trump a recent loss or a string of losses. There are many posters on this board who weren't even born yet in 1968 or by 1993. What is important is what the Horns do now and in the future. The past is a good place to reminisce with buddies, but often does not reflect in the present situation. The program the last decade has be rather stagnant, and lackluster. That's where we in the present and hopefully Sark can change that.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

It's all about "what have you done for me lately" and some of those recent losses to the frogs are embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

4* CB from Denton ...

247 profile

• Like Like x 1
  17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

IT reporting CB Denver Harris of Galena Park North Shore will no longer be visiting Georgia.

• Like Like x 4
  18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

After his official visit to Alabama over the weekend, IT saying that it will ultimately come down to A&M and Texas for S Bryce Anderson of Beaumont West Brook.

Bryce Anderson, West Brook, Safety

• Like Like x 1
  19. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Roach from 247 put in a Texas crystal ball for OL Kelvin Banks of Humble Summer Creek today.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 2
  20. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

The difference makers are going to wait to commit. That's just the way it is. And they want to see how 2021 goes. I understand.

21. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 100+ Posts

And, those streaks were with two major handicaps...one named Charlie and the other Tom. Not to mention Mack after he won his Natty. We no longer have those coaches around do we...thank you Lord.

My point for those who lack reading comprehension is that Sark PLUS TRADITION means there is no stopping us now. And did I mention that TCU will never be a major rival for Texas...sorry that you apparently think otherwise.

:bevo:

22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Gaston on commit watch.

23. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Yes, but to me they’re not relevant in today’s context. Everything started over when Sark was hired. And if he changes the momentum (as I suspect) on October 2nd, what happened over the previous decade will become nothing more than a aberration.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

While you’re probably right, there is also this thing, momentum. If the chips continue to fall, my guess is that the pressure to jump on the Texas Train will be growing in intensity.

25. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

How many 17 year olds do you know that use the word "forego"? Or many of the bolded words above? It's almost as if the lawyer that wrote it wanted to slip in some high dollar words into it as a larf.

It is interesting, but not unexpected, that quitting has now seeped down to the high school level. It started with NFL players mailing the last few games of a season in, if they were going to watch the playoffs from home.

Then college players quitting before the bowl, and then prior to that. Texas had players quit after Texas was no longer in contention for the B12 title.

Now it's HS players quitting for the year. Soon we'll see statements like this:

"With much contemplation, and examination, I have resolved to forego my senior year of the Pee Wee League, and begin the arduous process of preparing myself for the next phase of my kinesiological advancement. I wish to thank my mentors and coaches for their guidance, and look forward to the immense challenges of the 2nd grade".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Meanwhile back to recruiting.

OrangeBloods confirmed Turner-Gooden is on campus now.

• Like Like x 3
  27. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I like what you're drinking!!! Save some of that kool-aid for the rest of us. I'm pulling like crazy for Sark but I'm gunshy after the last 2 jokers...

28. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 100+ Posts

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

#2 & #3 are very puzzling to me

30. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1