2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Don't be surprised if Banks re enters the picture. Recruiting has just been ratcheted up. With the move to the sec sec and our back ground team working on NIL, quite frankly, the sky is the limit.

• Hot Hot x 2
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

:arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    I would love it if we got Banks as well.
    This class has slowly been morphing into a very good class, but we still need more of the stud OLs.

When it comes to OL play, Bama has been the Wisconsin of the South for some time now. And behold the lofty heights it has taken them to.
    :bevo:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Observation—in many recent years, the top 10 or so Texas OL recruits seem to have been heavy on the OT position. This year, it looks like the OG, and to a lesser extent C, positions are where most of the blueist bluechip OLs are.

6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

IT reporting S Bryce Anderson of Beaumont West Brook has pushed his commitment date back again.

He wants to visit both A&M and Texas for game days in September.

Bryce Anderson, West Brook, Safety

7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

8. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

9. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  12. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

13. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

IT saying a recent de-commitment is already having second thoughts, especially because the school he's been trending towards has no idea what their fate will be in realignment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

IT was able to confirm that OL Kelvin Banks of Humble Summer Creek has spoken with Coach Flood and other members of the staff since he committed to Oregon over the July 4th weekend.

The lines of communication are open and they'll be working on getting him to Austin this fall.

Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek, Offensive Tackle

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  15. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 100+ Posts

Evan has been the WR that I have coveted the most from the first time I saw his highlight vid. He is by far the hardest to chase down and tackle than any of the others that I have seen in the 22 class.

If we should sign this young man, hang on to your jock straps and get ready SEC, cause Sark will get him the ball, and often...very, very often. They can chant all they want, but Stewart will be in the end zone before they are thru shouting "SEC, SEC".

Of course, this all assumes we will be out of the Big 12 in the not too distant future, and I believe we will find a way out sooner than later...(pun not intended OU).

:bevo:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  16. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I think we get him back … the SEC announcement is huge

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 100+ Posts

I agree, the SEC announcement is big. And we will likely get Mr Stewart.

At first I didn't like the idea of going to the sec. The more I think about it though, the cheating that goes on there will likely be diminished due to NIL And it sounds like the Horns will prosper very well under NIL...so I am coming around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

IMHO, our top remaining target (at any position).

Campbell would probably be a RT or either G position in college.
    Gotta like these big, strong, tough, mean, nasty maulers who also have good footwork, quickness, and movement. He appears to have very long arms for his height. He's prolly a pretty mean center in pickup basketball games. On edit--he's more than that, he's actually on his HS basketball team, at his size!

Here's some of what Gabe Brooks says:

- Average height with good length
    - Virtually college-ready.
    - Good athlete on the field relative to size
    - Flashes devastating punch power
    - Impressive open-field athleticism
    - Terrorizes second-level defenders (this description should give :bevo:s warm fuzzies)
    - Looks for extra work.
    - Block-finisher by nature.
    - Two-sport participation in football and basketball (can dunk)
    - A very good lifter in the weight room.
    - Big wingspan
    - Could potentially play multiple offensive line spots
    - Impact high-major starter

Devon Campbell, Bowie, Offensive Tackle

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  20. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Definitely the most wanted.
    Can you imagine getting Campbell Banks and Dewberry in this class with the other two. That would be awesome.
    Looking forward to NSD.

• Like Like x 1
  21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Difficult to gauge where we are with him. From most sources, we're ahead with him. But again difficult as he hasn't spoken much in months. Gotta keep our fingers crossed on this one. He definately is a must in the new conference. Still sickening that he was ours this time last year had mensa and hand pulled the trigger.
    Sorry , trying to let it go lol..

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

The board of regents is meeting Friday. Looks like it may all be official just in time for this weekend's recruits visit.
    Expect things to start accelerating gang.
    "All gas no brakes".

• Like Like x 1
  23. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

I realize there's a decent to strong possibility is happens well before then for various reasons, but with the "official" move date being 2025 at this point, do we think recruits will be swayed who wouldn't play an SEC schedule until their redshirt junior or senior year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

There is talk of 2022 season. A note from a source.
    The 'expectation' is for the Longhorns and Sooners to begin SEC play in 2022.

Seems like it would take a major schedule overhaul so we'll see.
    But I agree with you. The initial phase would be perception, with next year's class being the bell cow of our move

• Like Like x 1
  25. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Regarding the start date for participation in the SEC, I will be shocked if it doesn’t happen before 2025. The Big 12 will (sadly) implode. My bet is 2022 as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Well we play alabama in 22 and 23 as the schedule is now. Thats SEC

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

29. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Bailor insider Tim Watkins has a cb for Derrick Brown to Tex.
    Good news since Tim is a bailor homer.

• Like Like x 4
  30. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I don't like his quote because he said texas tradition is like that of Ohio State, like we are inferior in some way and are moving up. And as a top recruit he will go to the school with the best tradition which he is intimating is Ohio State.
    So i will be holding my breath on this one.
    Maybe i am overthinking however.
    But maybe he would get earlier playing time at UT.

• Agree Agree x 1