2022 Recruiting - Softball

Discussion in 'Softball' started by Ellis21d, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Sydney Kroll from Poth HS in attendance at the Ole Miss game today. This was retweeted by @Texassoftball. Appears to be a recruit.

2. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

Sorry to dump this here, but I couldn't find a 2023 recruiting thread and certainly didn't want to create one! I've learned a lot about football recruiting from blogs and some Twitter accounts. But softball recruiting is still a mystery to me. Please look at this tweet and tell me what it means?

I sent to the player's twitter profile and saw that she's going to be a 2023 HS graduate. But then if you look at her twitter banner, it's "big" TEXAS. Does this means she's a player who wants to be recruited and signed by Texas? She lives in Florida but plays for a club team called "Texas Glory Florida Softball" which is quite (!) confusing.

Any lessons on how one reads this type of tweet?

3. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 100+ Posts

Probably coming to Texas on a visit.

I assume she plays for Texas Glory for club but lives in Florida. Could be a parent thing where she lives with one in the summer. Or she just likes that club.

Doubt she’s committed to Texas but does like the team and excited for the visit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I started a 2023 recruiting thread and dropped her tweet as the first post. My guess is she was invited by coaching staff and this is an unofficial visit ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life 5,000+ Posts

Texas Glory is a select organization based out of the DFW area and has teams all over and they have a Florida team in Tampa. What's really odd to me is they call them the Texas Glory Fl AND she apparently lives in Kansas. She is only 5'5" and her team mostly plays in USSSA events which are generally speaking lower level less competitive tourneys. Her Bio shows 2017 PGF runner up, but unless she was with a different org (which is possible) that isn't correct. I'd be surprised if UT were actually recruiting her so she's probably coming to a camp and posted all the UT stuff to show support.

She's definitely getting out there as here is the list of camps attended so far. It doesn't mean she's being recruited by all or any of them, but has gone to camps there. Man that's a lot of cash to spend on camps.

University of Alabama, UNC Chapel Hill, Notre Dame University South Bend, IN. University of South Florida, Florida State University, University of Florida, University of Tampa.

Texas Glory Fastpitch Softball

• Agree Agree x 1