2022 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Just a tad bit late reporting . . .

• Like Like x 8
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Calamity liked this tweet:

• Like Like x 5
  3. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

I like the way she uses the glass.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

... and with either hand. Just needs time in the weight room. Nice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Time in the weight room is right. Those highlights featured a lot of her leaning in to a defender as she shoots. That won't work as well if the defender is a lot stronger than you are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’ve seen enough very slim players have success both in college and professionally that I don’t worry about that as much as good fundamentals and commitment to work. A projected W/SF with her length and quickness - I’m not that concerned about her frame.

7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Woohoo! Camps are back - more fuel for endless speculation. :)

• Like Like x 7
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Just to keep track of where we stand. I have not advanced the class of those who played last season but I did remove the 3 'seniors' from the 2022-2023 season - none of us know who might use their extra year of eligibility so it's not easy to accurately project...

upload_2021-5-26_6-0-59.png

• Like Like x 4
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

ESPN has updated their 2022-2025 recruit rankings. In 2022, Amina dropped from 49 to 53, Jordana from 48 to 59. In 2023, the only ones I know specifically changed were Sammie Wagner (#2 to #11) and Aalyah Del Rosario (Top 5 to #18).

10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yeah... I've learned how subjective those rankings can be. Vic and his staff know what they're looking for.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Ever since premier hoops took over these rankings have really been screwed up. No way Del Rosario is that low in rankings. She is easily Top 5 in that class

• Like Like x 1
  13. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I see 4 players for 21-22 who are obvious starters (unless someone beats them out). Who will be the 5th?

• Like Like x 1
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  15. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Could be an indication that Audrey/Joanne may not be interested in a 5th season, or that Vic expects attrition with the underclassmen.

16. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I know it's hard to tell just how good someone is from watching highlights but she looks like a very talented player.

• Like Like x 1
  17. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Joanne, I expect her to get her ME degree and start working on future car designs - unless grad school to enhance her degree. So, never expected her to take the bonus year. Audrey.....that's another year of concussions. Errr....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

With the recruiting coming on as strong as it has been, I don't expect to see anyone play that extra year.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jacob Johnson

Jordana Codio is on campus today soaking up practice and facilities :hookem:

• Like Like x 7
  20. Jacob Johnson

Taniya Latson is on campus as well along with a few more 2022 prospects.

• Like Like x 5
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Latson is a very intriguing prospect. Crazy athletic - video of the 5' 8" guard grabbing the rim:

• Like Like x 4
  22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  23. Jacob Johnson

Ranked to low in my opinion. She is easily a top 5 player in her class. She was a bit overshadowed by Raven Johnson at her high school but she can flat out play. Would be a huge pickup if we are able to land her.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

According to her twitter page, Latson took official visits to Florida State (June 13 or so) and N.C. State (June 20 or so). Was her visit to Texas an unofficial visit?

Seems like back in late May she had a list of finalists of 5 schools mainly along the Atlantic states:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Scroll through the several photos . . .

• Like Like x 6
  26. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Official visit.

• Like Like x 7
  27. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

The Team Camp is this weekend. Does anyone know how the Team Camp operates? I'm not familiar with what happens at a team camp.

28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Scout’s take on Amina…

• Like Like x 6
  29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Pretty much the same things I noticed when I saw her play as a freshman. I can imagine the development since, and most likely a perfect fit for Vic's style.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3